test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.55.20160125b.4

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Regret on donating my old rings to the coffer.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    What does the change to Jewelcrafting items mean? Being able to unslot a Jewel seems great... but why will they be automatically removed when the Maze Engine is released? Is there an impact from the Maze Engine that changes how Jewels work?
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    null
    Alphastream, they are refering to a reinforcement kit that is slotting in a gem slot inappropriately
    I have one question about loot nodes remembering the trash we don't want till we accept it....does this apply to chests opened with legendary Dragon keys? If so why should we spend Zen on keys that will not give us anything but junk till we use them to take the junk offered?if so no wonder the chest in Kessels and lostmauth and tiamat seem to offer nothing worth accepting, but I tell you this... I will NOT spend Zen on keys that offer no chance at legendary high value items if I have to use them for complete trash when it is presented....which is 99.999999% of the time.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    - Vicious enchantments now have Item Levels corresponding to their rank.

Itl HAMSTER in me is wet & happy!
    Hope nodes will finally work as intended.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

I have one question about loot nodes remembering the trash we don't want till we accept it....does this apply to chests opened with legendary Dragon keys? If so why should we spend Zen on keys that will not give us anything but junk till we use them to take the junk offered?if so no wonder the chest in Kessels and lostmauth and tiamat seem to offer nothing worth accepting, but I tell you this... I will NOT spend Zen on keys that offer no chance at legendary high value items if I have to use them for complete trash when it is presented....which is 99.999999% of the time.

Loot nodes, not chests is what I'm reading in patch notes. If they did that to the chests it would cause a havoc in the realms.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Does it means that coalescent wards, preservation wards packs and others nicely purchased items through Trade Bar Store like fashion etc as well, are going to be BoA ?

Only if you purchased zen through Steam and are on probation does this occur. If you haven't bought zen through Steam, this doesn't apply to you at all.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    vida44 said:

Loot nodes, not chests is what I'm reading in patch notes. If they did that to the chests it would cause a havoc in the realms.
    I'm pretty sure this is what they mean. It's due to the people exploiting the masterwork profession nodes.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

vida44 said:

I'm pretty sure this is what they mean. It's due to the people exploiting the masterwork profession nodes.
    What @kreatyve Said. :)
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    reds351 said:

Lol, ditto.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    what vicious enchantments?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

what vicious enchantments?

The ones introduced in the most recent Challenge Of The Gods?

What does the change to Jewelcrafting items mean? Being able to unslot a Jewel seems great... but why will they be automatically removed when the Maze Engine is released? Is there an impact from the Maze Engine that changes how Jewels work?

If you had a +4 one-slot Underdark ring, if became a 2-slot ring in the recent patch. If your one-slot ring had a Jewel (the Augment thingy that goes on rings), the Jewel moved into and occupied the second slot, so you couldn't put a second Gem in, and you couldn't remove the Jewel from the slot because equipment augments can't be removed.

This patch fixes that: If your two-slot ring had it's second slot occupied by something that's not supposed to take a slot, you can now clear that second slot.
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

reds351 said:

Lol, ditto.
    Donated my first +5 ring of impenetrability, rng-spaghetti-monster rewarded me with +5 brutality and +5 rising defense ... and 4 Offhand and 1 MH arti weapons.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    resource nodes should only have raws and some chances of some rares and some epics refine stones and maybe a lucky chances of profession access pack, nothing else, folks want no junk armors or weapons found in those nodes.

what we would like to see few changes made to those nodes.
    Dungeon node/kits, rare chances of weaponsmith, platemail, and chainmail access pack.
    Nature nodes/kits, rare chance of leather and tailor access pack.
    Religion nodes/kits, rare chances of artifact and leadership access pack.
    Thieves nodes/kits, rare chance of Black Ice and jewelry access pack.
    Arcane node/kits, rare chances of alchemy access pack.

these are simple proposal.

only the armors and weapons should be in those regular chest nodes in dungeon zones, absolutely no greens items in any chests, since green are common corpse loots that drop on grounds.
    any overland zones that has chests "guarded" should be retired, those chests are exploited with high level characters where mobs are non-hostile and by-passed to get chests once per hour reset, those should be taken out, they belong in dungeons and none on overland, it doesnt matter what level of the items looted, there are some rank 1's, 2's 3's and 4's runes and enchants in those chests can be exploited for "full stack".
    chest nodes are still outdated to some players.

only updated and upgraded chests should be in dungeon zones.
    my opinion about those chests should be updated with few vouchers and should be tradable, with price regulated for AHs so they cant be overpriced with fixed price and no undercuttung wars, reason why, there are some players who dont want stronghold or not in guilds, they are useless to those players, but may able to profit from selling to other players who may need them.
    Diamond vouchers
    Surplus vouchers
    Gold vouchers.

now these vouchers are taken care of it, let focus what maybe possible for chest nodes in dungeons.
    Blue armor and weapon gears
    random chances of blue tier Gems
    random chances of "refined" black ice (only in Icewind dungeons) anywhere from 500 to 2,500, if decided by devs.
    1-3 health repair kits, more kits if in elite dungeons for 5-8 kits base on difficulty modes.

finally, new end-zone "elite" chest after the final boss.
    what we would like to see upgraded as well,

1-2 Linu's Favors
    rare chance of pulling a purple marks, and lucky chance of superior
    random chance of purple low tier gems (mostly Black Opals)
    designed seals
    random chance of specific artifacts designed for specific dungeons (if included in elite T-3 dungeons).

finally, for "Elite" chests after last boss in hardmode dungeons,
    1-3 linu's Favors
    improved chances of pulling the epic mark of potency, and still rare randon chance of superior (all bind on account)
    inproved chances of getting higher grade gem (Blood Rubies) -if decided to be bound or tradeable by devs.
    extra seals base of difficulty

* new idea concept, elite gear kits (special gear augmenation glyphs) which that give your current elite gears with "Customization" as giving your armor for extra +100 defense or +50 pts of resist to AoE attacks or for weapons new modifiers as +1 which can be modified up to 5 times on weapons up to +5, or new damage version with slayer ability bonus "vs Undeads"
    these Augmenation Glyphs can be trade to other players, and it also required for profession craftings. this will open all new crafting fever for total new customizations, hopefully will break some "cookie cutter" players.

ok, all done, if you dont like this concept or proposals, so, i would like to see your version of concepts instead of flaming, by all mean, we all just want to have fun in the game playing.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Great, couldn't patch, and now the ominous "unable to authenticate" message when I type my true password into the launcher. Nasty feeling I've somehow tripped the antihack systems, which means I'm gonna miss a damn day of 2xrp.

Pff.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Well done, the nodes for resources are WAI now. RNG and individual loot ftw. Thanks for the fix... Now something for those of us who got screwed for a month by the non WAI nodes and the uselessness of the explorers boon? :wink:
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

you dont get rewarded for not engaging in exploits you just get further behind those who do ask someone who used dragon's hoard AS INTENDED till the HAMSTER exploiters got it overnerfed!!!!! thanks cryptic and exploiting peices of ............ cryptic how bout removing all ICD on dragon hoard ... fey blessing ect in queued content.... dungeons skirms and queued HE
  • redwolfstormkinredwolfstormkin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    vcek said:

jonkoca said:

reds351 said:

Lol, ditto.
    Donated my first +5 ring of impenetrability, rng-spaghetti-monster rewarded me with +5 brutality and +5 rising defense ... and 4 Offhand and 1 MH arti weapons.
    What is the rng-spaghetti-monster? I got an old +5 ring I don't use...
  • phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    OK,... I'm pretty sure there is a problem with this patch. It never happened before the patch,... now it happens every time there is boss in the fight.

When I use the Ranger power Marauder's Rush,... I'm supposed to launch myself at my target striking it with my weapons,... only now,.. after the last patch,.. I don't rush my target,.. but I rush the boss.

It's now happened in dungeons,.. in Dragon Flight,.. in Epic Demogorogon,...; and in skirmishes,.. if there is a boss present, Marauder's rush attacks the Boss and NOT the target,.... in the last Guild dragon flight,.. I was attacking a dragon empowerer,.... moving almost 180 degrees away from the dragon,... I hit Marauder's Rush,.. while flying in the rush,.. I spin 180 degrees and hit the dragon instead,.....

In Demogorgon,.. this toon just became worthless,... when a tear opens,.. I go to attack the demons that come through,.. NO,.. I hit Demogorgon,.. even when I can't damage him,....

I'm hoping this is a mistake and you will fix it,... if not,. if this is new WAI, then you just made this power unplayable,.... (seriously - not an exageration). If you've added some kind of 'Aggro' for the environment creatures that we are supposed to face?.. then you've just killed this game,.. it would be the only 'First Person Shooter' game ever invented where you can't hit your target..... =/

Some of the classes in this game (or better yet builds) specialize in clearing the mobs so they don't overwhelm the party,... You can't do that,.. if you can't target the mobs.

Anyway,.. sorry for the long post,.. I enjoy this game,.. I think you've done a good job with it so far,.. but some things don't need to be changed,.. there doesn't need to be aggro to change the players shots,... we NEED to hit what we aim at for this game to be fun & playable,....

If this isn't the right place for this post (seems to be as everything points to this being a result of this week's change), please, let me know and I'll repost in the right place. If any Dev or Mod wants to speak with me about this,.. please do! This needs a fix fast,...

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.