test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any Advice for a New Comer?

Hey I just started the game probably a little more than a day ago and for now I'm just grinding out the levels via questing.

Are there any tips that you guys can provide maybe a TO DO and what NOT TO DO? To get the most out of my experience in Neverwinter?

Comments

• silvernight707silvernight707 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Woah alright I'll have to keep these things in mind lol So far I already messed up the whole saving AD thing...so I will work on that lol I started yesterday and got to 33 just now on my Scourge Warlock so I'm glad you mention #6 How do I access the campaign quests?
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    read the forums and see why all the people are ranting against the game so you know what is happening. other than that enjoy lvl 1-60.
  • helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User

Hey I just started the game probably a little more than a day ago and for now I'm just grinding out the levels via questing.

Are there any tips that you guys can provide maybe a TO DO and what NOT TO DO? To get the most out of my experience in Neverwinter?

Don't play HR (Hunter Ranger) You'll be miserable.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Just to clarify one thing: ToD is available to start at level 26.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Have fun and don't underestimate the power of the Wallet. Invest on VIP.

you can get vip for free with zax.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Don't play HR (Hunter Ranger) You'll be miserable.
    wow u know hr are not that bad they are better then sw,tr and cw sometimes if builded right in pve
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Play the class that is fun to you...in my case the HR which I find to be very fun and does the opposite of making me miserable...haha :D
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    run do not walk, run away....

You can mail stuff to yourself for extra storage by using your @HANDLE as the address

Get in a decent guild. If you have a low ilvl you can still get in decent guilds that have the XP boon to make leveling easier and other boons to give you more stats

okay if you didn't listen its a F2P MMO so play for the long haul

1) save enchantment packs until 2xEnchant weekends to open
    2) save rp for 2xRP weekends to use
    3) watch the calendar for events that will net you cheap and useful companions
    4) Buy an epic mount on the ZEN market but don't pay full price, there's a sale this weekend or use a coupon from your invoking pack. AH mounts are account wide unlocks incase your want to play additional characters later
    4) take your time leveling up. 0-60 is incredible
    5) Experiment with your character and plan on a respec at 70. Don't fell obligated to follow someone else's build while leveling, this is your opportunity to experiment with the different mechanics. I recommending putting at least one point in every power so you can test them out.
    6) Avoid playing on weekends when DDoS attacks are frequent :-P

* thanks @qexotic
    Post edited by putzboy78 on
    Man there's quite a bit to remember! Is the ViP kind of like a subscription? I might try it. I guess there's different events on the weekends? I honestly just been in robot mode just questing so I'm pretty sure I missed a bit of important information. Is crafting/ professions worth doing in Neverwinter?
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

4) Buy an epic mount on the AH but don't pay full price, there's a sale this weekend or use a coupon from your invoking pack. AH mounts are account wide unlocks incase your want to play additional characters later

Er...no. Epic mounts from the AH are Bind on Equip, not account wide, so can only be used by one of your characters. I think you meant to say buy an epic mount from the Zen store where they are account wide, as magenubbie said before, that way your one purchase will be available to all your characters.

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    VIP is a perk you can buy in which you will get bonuses to your characters and free items every day.

There are sometimes different events on the weekends. It's not all the time but they are fairly regular limited time events which will be extra benefits for playing, limited time activities and rewards or unique purchase options although the later tend to be longer than just a weekend event.

Crafting and Professions are a bit lackluster IMO. I would not say don't do them as there are certain benefits especially in regards to training skills your character needs and it is completely set it and forget it but there are few perks to actually attaining a higher level profession.
    edited February 2016
    The VIP actually looks pretty neat. I just looked at the Calender and it helps a ton to figure out what I can do differently from each weekend.

Is there some sort of Guild Recruitment page in-game? Or would that only be accessible via forums?

As well, just to add in, you guys are very helpful and kind compared to other mmo communities I've conversed with lol
    There's a guild listing on the social page (default key is o or g to access it) but the forums are probably a bit better to find like minded players which are still active. Simply go to the Guild Recruitment Section of the PC forums. :)
    Alright I found the tab in-game but might check out the forums for the most part lol I like pvp very much but it's not much fun when there's tons of "twinks?" I guess for low level pvp so at the moment I just want to have a relaxed time with the pve. Hopefully I can find a guild that's a mix of both that's active.

I noticed on the chat that people are selling weapon enchants?...runes..? Are those something that can be craft-able guaranteed? or is there an RNG element to it when you craft?

I'm sorry for asking so much, you guys help a lot so I'm trying to get the most out of you guys xD
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

Man there's quite a bit to remember! Is the ViP kind of like a subscription?

A VIP is ... well we're not allowed to call it that.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.

Man there's quite a bit to remember! Is the ViP kind of like a subscription? I might try it. I guess there's different events on the weekends? I honestly just been in robot mode just questing so I'm pretty sure I missed a bit of important information. Is crafting/ professions worth doing in Neverwinter?

You cannot call it a subscription, mods will modify you ;-P

Sorry for the wrong term to identify vip :( a old friend of mine managed to help me get mulhorand stuff since its gear that I don't have to worry about changing to later levels?

What is encorselled equipment? O.o

And I'm starting with leadership as well. It's nice that the timers are long for some tasks. I can do errands at the same time tasks are going, very handy.
    get in a guild, never read pe zone chat EVER
    Every experience there can pretty much be summed up by the principal in Billy Madison

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.