test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Class Should I make Part 2

After the last thread I have made guardian fighter.
These are the classes I am deciding to play from on my alt:

Hunter Ranger
Great Weapon Fighter
Control Wizard
Devoted Cleric

Of this classes, which is the best at both PVP and PVE in survivability and killing?

Answers

• Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    eather a CW or HR, GWF needs some specific gear to become good at pve/pvp, though you can chose DC and go righteus and be a good suport class, do serious dmg in pvp
  • Options
    balding2earlbalding2earl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    survivability, a dc would fit that role best
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    avoid HR like plague

if the question is just "Of this classes, which is the best at both PVP and PVE in survivability and killing?"
    the answer can only be Great weapon fighter and anyone saying something different is straight up lying
  • Options
    ryfghbvryfghbv Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I play all the classes in this game, im primary a pvp player and as far as i can tell, DPS Cleric is the most op class at least on lvl 0 to 69, haven't seen dps cleric at lvl 70, but basicly you can deal decent or high damage while you have bonus duration of time damages running in backround and you'll take 0 damage if you use empowered astral shield (you can change this for daunting light which is like a anvil of doom that deal double damage from 100% hp), also you can heal yourself, and almost perma-stun with break spirit.

Hunter Ranger becames powerfull at lvls 50-69 when root feats are available, before lvl 50, you are like a companion in pvp, even archery it's better at low lvls

Control Wizardo is solid with high recovery, you can spam repel and entangling force at low lvls and kill almost everyone.

Great Weapon Fighter is threatning with high defense (rank 12 azures) because you'll die before you can even build your stacks, but once you get all the stacks, you are a monster that can go 3 vs 1.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Gwf. Work on lifesteal and crit. Arpen for pvp. Immortal death machine.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    you know what? try playing the weakest class in-game (SW, they say)...once you've got the hang of it, any other class will seem like a piece of cake...

edit: p.s.: think i'll make an SW too.. :grin:
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User

and SW is very powerful :P

Disassemble your Sharandar Set already or they will get you ;)

@OP: I heard there are some "new" broken reflect builds for OP. PvPers love exploiting, so this should be for you.
    Otherwise GWF, because GWF.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    Check out Lia's/Lazaliaz build in the GWF forums, those builds do way better than the one you made it :)
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    fatguns said:

Check out Lia's/Lazaliaz build in the GWF forums
    Don't ever mention this unskilled copy cat of a GWF called Lia in conjunction with "good builds"!
    All she did was copying Lazalias build and made it worse. Being pay to win and leading a PUG guild doesn't provide any value to our community.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    grabmoore said:

fatguns said:

Don't ever mention this unskilled copy cat of a GWF called Lia in conjunction with "good builds"!
    All she did was copying Lazalias build and made it worse. Being pay to win and leading a PUG guild doesn't provide any value to our community.
    Dont be so quick to judge :wink:
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    grabmoore said:

fatguns said:

Oh hey don't I have you on ignore? I think I do. You run your mouth way more than you do anything else, keep doing that, it'll take you places. Also LOL pug guild. I legitimately laughed out loud for a solid minute. GG.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I like DC because its the most versatile class in the game. Each tree has a use. Style evolves as the gear does (typical growth pattern is righteous to lvl, respec to faithful at 70, faithful to 2.2 then respec to virtuous/haste, at 2.8 respec to righteous for buff/debuff, although not everyone chooses this evolution its fairly typical).

DC can tank, DC can heal, DC can damage and these capabilities are managed by the feats not necessarily the gear. I can respec my righteous dc today and she would still perform admirably as a virtuous/haste or a faithful healer (not great because of low recovery but the divinity rework from mod 4 made even recovery less critical than it was in the past). Many other classes keep the same build, same style, etc after 70 they just get better at it. And you don't need recovery to build AP anymore thanks to artifact set bonus and snail.

The reason i chose to main a DC and retire my other classes (i used to have and enjoy an alt army) was because i saw how alt unfriendly the game was becoming (BOC gear, expensive artifacts/artifact equipment, reinforcement kits, gems, BIS companions, BIS mounts, expensive boons (calling you out Mod 5 boons), leveling the same profession on multiple toons to support BOC upgrades). I know people will counter me by saying you don't have to have those things to be successful and I agree but I wanted those things and i cannot afford to have them on 8 different characters.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    How about an easy one. JUST TRY THEM ALL. Stick with the one you enjoy the most.