test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor Preview & Transmoging to other class gear

erageramboeragerambo Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Hello All,

I am here from your neighboring community of Xbox, but your community is a bit more vast so I thought I would drop this with you all first for feedback.

So I was dabbling in the armor previewer to see what I was going to do with my GWFs gear, as I have been transmoging my gear to look the same since I started playing and I wanted to see what else was out there (Ermagurd Thay Armor).

As I was going through the previewer I happened to select an item for a TR in the Wonderous Bazaar that looked absolutely AMAZING on my GWF. Kind of had a huntsman look to it with my main hand transmoged to a Dragon Bone Halberd, which kind of opened a whole new window in the area of immersive customization for your char to fit your own theme or backstory (if you're that kinda nerd. I am =P).

Sadly of course, the transmog is available for preview but cannot actually be transmoged to my armor as it is a TR armor and I am a GWF.

Now, I only tested this with a piece of TR armor I picked up for 4AD on the AH, but I would assume the results would be the same on that particular piece as it requires the TR class.

What do you think? Would it be cool if certain armor pieces could be cross transmoged between classes?

Comments

• erageramboeragerambo Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    It would be so cool, right? I can't imagine it would take too much to make the change happen, but what do I know =P
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    There are a few TR masks that would look awesome on my HR, and visa-versa. Things like HR blades, TR daggers, and SW pact blades should be able to be cross-applied. GF swords and OP maces should also be interchangeable, (there are already a few maces that GFs can legitimately get, and there are some swords that OPs can already get).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I just want some cool GF armor for my GWF cause it's looks rad
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    but all classes have very specific armor:
    gwf, clerics - chainmail;
    gf, op - platemail;
    cw, tr, sw, hr - cloth.
    (pls correct me if i'm wrong)
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Then they should at least allow you to transmog cloth to cloth, chainmail to chainmail, plate to plate...
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Hello All,

I am here from your neighboring community of Xbox, but your community is a bit more vast so I thought I would drop this with you all first for feedback.

So I was dabbling in the armor previewer to see what I was going to do with my GWFs gear, as I have been transmoging my gear to look the same since I started playing and I wanted to see what else was out there (Ermagurd Thay Armor).

As I was going through the previewer I happened to select an item for a TR in the Wonderous Bazaar that looked absolutely AMAZING on my GWF. Kind of had a huntsman look to it with my main hand transmoged to a Dragon Bone Halberd, which kind of opened a whole new window in the area of immersive customization for your char to fit your own theme or backstory (if you're that kinda nerd. I am =P).

Sadly of course, the transmog is available for preview but cannot actually be transmoged to my armor as it is a TR armor and I am a GWF.

Now, I only tested this with a piece of TR armor I picked up for 4AD on the AH, but I would assume the results would be the same on that particular piece as it requires the TR class.

What do you think? Would it be cool if certain armor pieces could be cross transmoged between classes?

how can you type with those controller thingies?
    tvcity said:

but all classes have very specific armor:
    gwf, clerics - chainmail;
    gf, op - platemail;
    cw, tr, sw, hr - cloth.
    (pls correct me if i'm wrong)

That is accurate, but mainly for the undercoats. While what you say does stand true it is just transmog and ultimately adds more depth to the game. If we can all run around in fashion sets why not add that diversity to regular armor.

I like the ideas about transmoging weapons too. I didnt look at them too much in the preview but I would assume it would be pretty neat.

Just imagine some of the scenarios you could create.

Like I mentioned previously - GWF Huntsman. Uses HR armor with some mixed GWF and HR legs and gauntlets to create an immersive light armored from one of the woodland areas.

A CW Battle Mage - Uses GF/Paladin armor to withstand the blows of his/her foes on the battlefield while dishing out spell after spell.

A TR Assasin - Uses some of the HR masks and armor that give off more of a stealthy appearance. Dyed black to blend into the night that he/her calls home.

These are just ideas, but they show just some of the things you could do with this game to truly make your character YOURS.
    yokki1 said:

Hello All,

how can you type with those controller thingies?
    Smart Glass =P Allows me to type on my phone and have it link over to my Xbox. Life saver for sure, haha.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The problem might be out of Cryptics hands. We know Wizards of the Coast us very picky about how the game looks. Even to the point of changing character models when the 5th edition art shift happened.

They simply could of decided that they dont want to see classes in mismatched armor. It might not be something they will ever allow.

The problem might be out of Cryptics hands. We know Wizards of the Coast us very picky about how the game looks. Even to the point of changing character models when the 5th edition art shift happened.

They simply could of decided that they dont want to see classes in mismatched armor. It might not be something they will ever allow.

And thats the sad thing. D&D is literally the epitome of games where your imagination is the limit. To see that deduced to what their stereotypes of each class are stabs me right in the feelz. Hopefully it's something that can happen in the future. I won't get my hopes up about it, as I have now read that this has been brought up in the past with no action or acknowledgement. I am only really voicing it now simply because the gear preview tool has now allowed me/us to see what we REALLY could do with our chars and this game and it just open soooo many doors.