test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Motes for artifact quests.

Me and my friend have been trying to farm HE's in various locations to try and get these seeds to obtain the new artifact weapons. My question is, are theses motes a chance of dropping or are they bugged like most things in NW?

Comments

• farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Me and my friend have been trying to farm HE's in various locations to try and get these seeds to obtain the new artifact weapons. My question is, are theses motes a chance of dropping or are they bugged like most things in NW?

Was wondering the same thing. I did well over 25 last night and only got a single mote from it.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Go to the trade bar store and in consumables you can get wands that make the drop 100%

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I have just started farming in the fiery pit - emberclaw 60% drop rate (out of 5), FF 2 out of 2 and falling rocks 0 out of 2 - will try to track success rates. Haven't folded and bought the item from the TB store yet as saving my trade bars for wards that may eventually arrive when the cash grab by PW proves a giant mistake
  • shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    The main HE that you get the daily quest for is 100% but the rest have litter rates based on the amount of people required, don't buy the wands for fiery pit since the HEs there are scarce and would be a waste
  • theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I did over 50 HEs yesterday in the fiery pit, got 5 motes! I put in a ticket into ARC as it just says that you "get" motes from HEs not "you might" get motes. All I got back from them was a "sorry bro" we are customer support and this is an unreported gameplay bug, try putting something in the forums to ask the community so they can bring it to the attention of the devs!
    The attitude of ARC is certainly arrogant to say the least and come across as "dont bother us we're busy". I am VIP12, have bought Hero packs, countless keys and other items from the Zen Market for real money from them. Whilst I dont expect red carpet treatment from them as I am probably only around £200 into them... oh wait... I HAVE paid £200 to them, the product should be fit for purpose, isn't, needs to be addressed by them and they need to care. If I had purchased any electrical item for this amount of money I would have consumer rights and guarantees backed by law. Why is this not the case with ARC?

I know I am a miserable old person but seems to me that " IF heroic_encounter=done then let motes = motes+1"
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Using the wand from the tradebar store (which says 100% drop rate) I have had a mote from every single HE no matter the size while the wand is active. It is only 45 bars for 4 wands that last 30 mins each.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • godofphwoarrgodofphwoarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It annoys me so much how they word some of the things in this game, so vague!!
    I roughly calculated using those wands (after I found out about them) and if you're doing one encounter every 10mins that's 12 encounters per wand which is 12 motes (unless you can get more than 1?), meaning you'll need 8.3 wands for a new artifact. At 45 bars each that's 360 bars just for ONE artifact. It's just a way of them ridding us of all our bars we've saved up so when they do bring the coal wards back we won't have shed loads and ultimately make a load of stuff cheaper meaning less zen being purchased. That's my theory anyway.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Just do the biggest HE - yes, you have to do it 100 times, and it does take a lot of time, but you get a mote every time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gilesdpgilesdp Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Sorry for asking here but cant open a thread yet. I got the shores main and of now. Wanted to feed my old level 38 main in the green, and it will give me 606k rp.wich wil get me to 36 if I may believe Neverwinter wiki.whats up with that? Always double ref? What am I missing????