test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Viper's "King of GWFs" pvp build

viper372viper372 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PvP Discussion
Hello all! I'm sure most of you have are aware but for those who are not I have officially retired from NW. It has been a great year and I am thankful for all the great matches I have had the pleasure of being a part of with EVERYONE in the pvp community. We have had our good times and bad times but I truly respect ALL of you and I wish nothing but the best for you guys. I shared my build publicly for the first time on twitch yesterday and I wanted to take a minute to post it on the forums so those who missed it can have it as well. Im going to apologize in advance as this will be all text and no pictures but you'll have the necessary info and thats all that matters right?

Race: Human (3 percent overall increase to defense is very nice and the 3 extra feat points are a must for my set up).

Paragon Path: Iron Vanguard (more mobility than Swordmaster and much easier to mark enemies)

Starting Stat rolls: 16 STR/12 Con/16 Dex All other stats should be 10
Your going to put your 2 race points into Dex and all points from leveling into STR and DEX.

Heroic Feats:
3/3 Disciple of strength
3/3 toughness
3/3 endless assault
3/3 armor specialization
3/5 steely defense
3/3 devastating critical
5/5 ubiquitous shield (this works extremely well in pvp especially against TRs)

Paragon Feats:
(Destroyer)
5/5 great weapon focus
5/5 disciple of war
5/5 improved reaction
5/5 executioner's style
5/5 focused destroyer
1/1 destroyer's purpose

(Sentinel)
5/5 scale agility (we will have enough healing from lifesteal so unstoppable recovery is not needed)
5/5 powerful challenge
5/5 countless scars

Gear:
Full Lionsmane executioner set (re-enforced with lifesteal)
Personalized Rings of piercing(re-enforced with regen)
Lostmauth Set

Enchants:
All Dark 12s (No need for hybrid enchants Dark enchantments in every slot works the best)

Weapon enchant: Transendant Feytouched

Armor enchant: Transendant Negation

Artifacts:
Horn of blasting, lantern of revelation, vanguards banner, and the wheel of elements(THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR EVERY GWF)

At Wills: Threatening Rush and Sure Strike

Encounters: IBS and Hidden Daggers should NEVER leave your tray. For your third encounter you should switch between FLS and DS as needed depending on the caliber of player/team/class you are going against.

Passives: Destroyer should NEVER leave your tray. second passive I use Ferocious reaction but Weapon Master and Bravery aren't bad options either However I will say I feel Ferocious reaction is by far the best choice for 5v5 dom.

Daily Powers: Savage Advance should NEVER leave your tray. for the second daily you can swap between Indomitable strength and Avalanche of Steel as needed.

Boons:
(Sharandar)
Fey Warden:400 defense, Fey Precision:400 crit, Feywild Fortitude:1600HP, Elven Ferocity:20k Damage, and Fey Thistle:deal up to 3k dmg on deflection.

(Dread Ring)
Conjurers Gambit:250 crit and movement, Evokers Thirst:400 lifesteal, Illusion Shimmer:3% deflect, Shadowtouch:20k Damage, Endless Consumption:chance to life steal triple the amount of HP.

(Icewind dale)
Encroaching Tactics:400 combat advantage bonus, Appreciation of Warmth:400 incoming healing, Rapid Thaw:400 recovery, Cold Shoulder:chance to reduce dmg taken by 2k, Avalanche:deal 15k AOE damage after reaching 20 stacks.

(Tyranny of Dragons)
Dragon Heart:1600 HP, Dragon's Gaze:400 crit, Draconic Armor Breaker:400 armor pen, Dragons Greed:400 lifesteal, For the final boons you should put 2 points into Dragons Thirst:4% lifesteal and 1 point into Dragons Revival:10% incoming healing increase.

(PVP)
Legions Valor:250 power and crit, Vanguards Resolve:400 power for 8 seconds for every enemy that strikes you. Wicked Assault:400 life steal for each enemy within 20 feet.

So there it is I hope it wasn't too hard to follow and read. Sorry if it wasn't super in-depth but If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them and give you whatever insight I can.

Post edited by viper372 on

Comments

• s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    hey viper...7ths1n..is been great n fun..see u in the division soon.
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Good luck Viper. I played against you once and got wrecked! Which suggests this build must be at least half decent lol.
  • viper372viper372 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks guys I appreciate it. And yes the build is definitely decent lol it has helped to keep me ahead of the competition for a long time.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    @viper372 sad to see you go. You bested me 10/10 and was a force to be reckoned with. I had you in one 1 v 1 to 10 % health 2 times and then I knew it was all just leading to my demise every time. Beast of a GWF good luck in your endeavors.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • tizza93#4228 tizza93 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hi gettin bored of pve with my pally and I just got 70 with a gwf that im now speccing for pvp only im guna use ur build and hopefully do u proud :)
  • tigersclaw#7201 tigersclaw Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    viper372 said:

Daily Powers: Savage Advance should NEVER leave your tray. for the second daily you can swap between Indomitable strength and Avalanche of Steel as needed.

Hey Viper why do you use both Savage Advance and Idomitable Strength at the same time, when both of them are good for single target only? Is it because SA has longer range and IS shorter range? If that is not the reason, I always choose IS, simply because it does more damage, so it makes no sense to me to use both at the same time. I go with IS and for the 2nd Daily, I use Slam which is good against a group of enemies. Your thoughts on this?
  • blacknightace1blacknightace1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I am one of the kings in PvP and pve DPS legendary destroyer Draco! Grand master of gladiator s title to prove it! Ruthless Is top tier guild GH 18