test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragonbone Weapons should not stop at level 60

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
The Dragon Bone weapons schould go all the way to lvl 70. Because at the Moment almost noone plays the dragons, noone want to have the Dragonbone Weapons and noone plays the Dragons to get it.

Should be changed

Comments

• destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Dragonbone weapons? Wich dragon you are talking about? The one in the zones? There is still tons of people that do neverdeath graveyard and honestly i always find a way to do the other dragons when i want to. The only one that is a bit tricky is the one in whispering cavern. Its pretty solid, and there ain't much people in that zone...
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    This is like saying the previous Artifact Weapons should go to lvl70, it won't really happen. Its all about newer and better. In any case the "new" Dragonbone weapons are the Ensorcelled Weapons. They can be equipped at lvl5 and go all the way to lvl70. Dragonbone weapons are out of date.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Dragon Bone weapons may be out of date but they still drop and that is the point of the OP. He is right, they should level to 70 as there is no point in them even dropping otherwise.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    @armadeonx Then you could say the same thing about the 1st weapon you get when you start a new toon. Oh I like the way this Level 5 weapon looks.....it should be able to level to level 70. Its not gonna happen
  • crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Unfortunately it seems they fail to remove some of the dated gear from the game for whatever reason. All of the pre 70 seal vendors that sell irrelevant gear? There's way more outdated 60+ gear than 70 gear.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

@armadeonx Then you could say the same thing about the 1st weapon you get when you start a new toon. Oh I like the way this Level 5 weapon looks.....it should be able to level to level 70. Its not gonna happen

Not in the least Pat (hi btw lol ;) ). The Dragon Bone weapons are LEVELLING gear that still drop. As they are levelling gear they should have some relevance - i.e. go to 70 - or they should be deleted from the game completely. A starter weapon has relevance in that it's your first weapon & it's free, the DB ones are currently obsolete so they need to be either updated or removed but we know what's really going on don't we? The people who do this are the same that won't even bother updating campaign text from the PC L60 text to reflect the fact you now need to be L70 so there's little hope they will correct this issue.

The fact that we know they won't fix it doesn't alter the fact that it does need fixing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    So does this mean my old artifact weapon should go to 70 then, should I have been able to refine it into my new artifact weapon and it go straight to the same level as previous.
    The reason they are still a viable drop is for transmutation, so they do still have a purpose.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
    Transmute, didn't even think of that, but that is a good point. Granted, I find the Dragonbone weapons quite ugly, but that's my opinion. But aside from those things, I honestly don't see any reason to want or to grind for Dragonbone weapons when Ensorcelled Weapons are cheap cheap cheap, and they do level all the way up. They have basically replaced Dragonbone and look far better.

I see your point of, why have them continue to drop if they don't level. But aside from what previous poster said about transmute, the reasoning is probably because....why waste time taking something out of the game that is not causing a problem? There are plenty of other things that are more pressing issues that need to be fixed, and those things don't include outdated Dragonbone weapons.

In any case, Dragons also drop belts that are not useful now, dragon bones are no longer useful (in that they are like 100AD on the AH), and the same with Dragon Gems. No one seems to have an issue with these things, and why.....because they are outdated and people have upgraded to the newest and best gear.

In all, I see your point, but in general you just need to stop using outdated stuff and get the best stuff you can.
  • kissukeukissukeu Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Transmute, didn't even think of that, but that is a good point. Granted, I find the Dragonbone weapons quite ugly, but that's my opinion. But aside from those things, I honestly don't see any reason to want or to grind for Dragonbone weapons when Ensorcelled Weapons are cheap cheap cheap, and they do level all the way up. They have basically replaced Dragonbone and look far better.

I see your point of, why have them continue to drop if they don't level. But aside from what previous poster said about transmute, the reasoning is probably because....why waste time taking something out of the game that is not causing a problem? There are plenty of other things that are more pressing issues that need to be fixed, and those things don't include outdated Dragonbone weapons.

In any case, Dragons also drop belts that are not useful now, dragon bones are no longer useful (in that they are like 100AD on the AH), and the same with Dragon Gems. No one seems to have an issue with these things, and why.....because they are outdated and people have upgraded to the newest and best gear.

In all, I see your point, but in general you just need to stop using outdated stuff and get the best stuff you can.

Dragonbone weapons were welcome in my opinion as a new player who didn't really understand the trade house on top of the transmute idea. As far as dragon gems and dragon bones, players who have not even started campaigns find them useful (and the cheaper price due to it's uselessness to higher players helps!).
    Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand this was a gift too.
    Well if you are that "new" and think your best bet is fighting Dragons to get gear/dragon bone/dragon gem, then take some advice and just buy them. Saw a dragon bone on AH for 125AD yesterday.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    armadeonx said:

Not in the least Pat (hi btw lol ;) ). The Dragon Bone weapons are LEVELLING gear that still drop. As they are levelling gear they should have some relevance - i.e. go to 70 - or they should be deleted from the game completely. A starter weapon has relevance in that it's your first weapon & it's free, the DB ones are currently obsolete so they need to be either updated or removed but we know what's really going on don't we? The people who do this are the same that won't even bother updating campaign text from the PC L60 text to reflect the fact you now need to be L70 so there's little hope they will correct this issue.

The fact that we know they won't fix it doesn't alter the fact that it does need fixing.

agreed, but then...

on the other hand.. when you take something out and you've done a bunch of other stuff in addition, the odds of having new bugs (could be game breaking) are MUCH higher than if you don't do anything at all.

road to hell and all..

what irritates me more is sharandar and what not starting off obsolete. they didn't even go obsolete. they dropped that way

edited February 2016
    on the ensorcelled for some classes they're almost better than the main artifact weapons. I am just keeping it on my dc at the moment. it has a lot of recovery that isn't available on the artifact weapons and the boon on the artifact weapon isn't all that imo. they're good. and as Pat says. they're cheap. there really is no point in chasing the dragon bone stuff. unless you just want it for the log book of getting all the stuffz.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kissukeu said:

Dragonbone weapons were welcome in my opinion as a new player who didn't really understand the trade house on top of the transmute idea. As far as dragon gems and dragon bones, players who have not even started campaigns find them useful (and the cheaper price due to it's uselessness to higher players helps!).
    Is there no tutorial quests on the Xbox to the AH?

On the PC side, when you enter PE for the first time, you can get a lot of tutorial quests from Sgt. Knox about invoking/professions/guilds and so on... and of course the AH.

Anyway, as allready mentioned, since it can be difficult (hello random drop chance...) to even get those Dragonbone weapons, just start running dungeons/skirmishes for AD and buy a nice Ensorcelled Mulhorand weapons set from the AH.

And when you've at least one character on level 70, and getting some AD together isn't that kind of a problem anymore for you, you might also want to get one full set of those Ensorcelled M. weapons for each class and bank them, as long as they are cheap. Or at least get the sets for the classes you might want to play in the future...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    there are but the ah isn't exactly easy to figure out even with the tutorial. when I was new it took me forever to figure out how to do the search for things. it's not intuitive.
  • farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User

when I was new it took me forever to figure out how to do the search for things. it's not intuitive.

Ain't that the truth..........but once I hit lvl 60, I was needing things from the AH, and just found a Youtube vid on how to work the AH and I've been okay ever since. Granted, I'm not burning up the market or anything like that, but at least I'm not spending 25-30 mins trying to figure out how to search for stuff. :p
    You mean by typing in the search box LOL