test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perma Stealth + Perma Impossible To Catch + Piercing Damage

vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
edited December 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Is it possible to make a TR that has perma on Stealthed ITC? If it's not possible, at least he should be able to spam and keep these abilities as long as he can.

And as a secondary ability of the build we should focus on Piercing Damage as much as possible. I even hope for level 80 in the future so a TR can have both Shadowy Opportunity and Shadow of Demise.

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    That is the lame "cookie cutter" build for a MI Sab​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    morenthar said:

Let's see, MI Saboteur finer points.

1. Slot for full recovery at the expense of ArPen. Rely solely on piercing.

2. Slot for full deflection. You can slot for full Lifesteal, but for an MI Sab, deflection is probably better.

3. Weapon Enchantment is Vorpal (there is an exception that will be mentioned in #4.) Armor Enchantment is typically Negation.

4. Your At-Wills have some flexibility, but your Encounter powers are typically static. ItC/Smoke/Shadow Strike. There are a few MI Sabs that run with Feytouched instead of Vorpal and they employ Dazing Strike instead of Smoke. Smoke and Feytouched is a bad combination.

5. Daily powers are typically SE for tank-busting and Bloodbath for overall shredding, another immunity frame and finding other TRs (and now stealth ring wearing players.) Courage Breaker is very useful against GWFs, especially those that out-gear you.

Without getting too annoyingly detailed, that's the build in a nutshell. Others can post what I left out/forgot. It is an extremely efficient build that is also mind-numbing to a lot of people. Some people call it overpowered, some people call it cheesy or both. I settle mostly on BORING. In terms of what else is going on with other classes, the build really isn't all THAT overpowered.

Thanks for you insights! Might you answer me some more questions?

1)Wouldn't Executioner with 15 points in Saboteur be better? I ask this because of the Executioner capstone, but i see that in this case the feat Return to Shadows would be lost. I really hope level 80 kicks in the next module so it would be possible to have both Executioner's capstone, Saboteur's Return to Shadows and Saboteur's Shadowy Opportunity;

2)Is full deflection necessary since ITC already covers for that?

3)Could Terror be a good enchant? With a transcendent it would be possible to root targets, this would go really well with Smoke Bomb wouldn't it?

4)My last question is: i see that EVEN IF level 80 was already here we all still would need to choose between Executioner or Saboteur's capstone, so is possible to have perma Stealth WITHOUT the capstone One With The Shadows so i can focus on Piercing Damage? Or is this capstone mandatory even in a hipothetical situation where i have level 80 and want maximum Piercing Damage with Perma Stealth?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Up so people can answer my 4 questions above and also i realize that i've been making things confusing with all that theorycraft level 80 thing. Then i'll get straight to the point:

1)Is possible to get perma stealth WITHOUT focusing on Sabetour path?

2)Morenthar suggested me a Negation for Armor Enchantment, but what about Elven? Perfect or higher increases Stamina Regeneration by 30%, which will make your TR dodge rolls more often, which will make Twilight Adept feat kicks in more often (restore 10% of Stealth Meter for each Dodge Roll).
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Outside of Sabo path, I find Exe to be pretty good for stealth - using the techniques you mention above (SoD passive + Twilight Adept (you'll dodge roll a lot) = stealth about every 6-7 sec or so). Throw in a good amount of recovery, and it can be even faster. Scoundrel is the least stealthy build, but with Twilight and enough recovery, it's still half decent.

The other path to a near perma-stealth is a high AP gain build combined with Invisible Infiltrator (MI only). If you can refill your AP often enough (Sigil of the Devoted; new Fire arti weapons; Snail; high AP gain feats; etc.) to pump out dailies in 10 sec or less, you'll get the benefit of stealth as well. And combined with Lurker's as your daily, the damage boosts are VERY noticeable.

Best results are when you combine all of the above, of course.

As for your other questions - I don't think many would dissuade you from investing into deflection, as long as you meet the other stat goals in AP, crit, lifesteal, and so on. As for enchants, Terror is OK - generally Feytouched or Vorpal are the go-to's, depending on your build. Lightning is good for certain other builds too, due to the great AoE. I'm currently trying to get a Lightning enchant high enough for great AoE and test it out with a high lifesteal build - I think that could be quite interesting.
  • Options
    takimeta2takimeta2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm gonna give this build a whirl once my TR hits 70. Thanks for this.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    People will hate me but... perma stealth is just one ring (and rng) away, focus on damage, and see tabstealth as the autocrit button.
    No idea what my toon is now.