test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need for Mead ?

awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
Getting the Yeti to spawn is simple enough, is there a trick to getting the Yeti to accept treat or all RnG?

Comments

• farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    How do you get the Yeti to spawn??

But to get the little yeti to accept treats, is a RNG thing. I've heard some people say it took them double digit treats others just a few. I finally got him yesterday and it took me 5 treats to get him.
  • randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    5? Nice, I am well over 40 attempts and still no luck.. The dice hate me I am afraid.
    edited February 2016

5? Nice, I am well over 40 attempts and still no luck.. The dice hate me I am afraid.

Yeah, I had gotten 3 treats from doing the dailies, then after listening to a friend, bought two more from the AH. Turned out tht the two treats from the auction house, didn't work...........but the last treat I got from the daily did it. Oh and I didn't use them all at the same time.......... it was 2 on one day, 2 another day, then the 1 on yesterday. I'm gonna still keep doing the daily so I can try to get another Yeti for my alt, that's why I would like to know how to get the Yeti to spawn.. :)

And I hear ya on the no luck thing.............I never get the goods from the events or HE drops............always the generic stuff.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Yeah, I had gotten 3 treats from doing the dailies, then after listening to a friend, bought two more from the AH. Turned out tht the two treats from the auction house, didn't work...........but the last treat I got from the daily did it. Oh and I didn't use them all at the same time.......... it was 2 on one day, 2 another day, then the 1 on yesterday. I'm gonna still keep doing the daily so I can try to get another Yeti for my alt, that's why I would like to know how to get the Yeti to spawn.. :)
    If I remember correctly from discussions long ago on PC side, it was believed that two conditions had to be met.

1. The Beastmaster must blow his horn. (Kill the wolves first)
    2. You need to keep the NPC guards alive.

edited February 2016
    zephyriah said:

If I remember correctly from discussions long ago on PC side, it was believed that two conditions had to be met.

1. The Beastmaster must blow his horn. (Kill the wolves first)
    2. You need to keep the NPC guards alive.

Ahhhh........................ I did not know that. I have no problem with my guards staying alive, but didn't know about the beast master blowing his horn. Will give that a try tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!!! :)
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Could this lair be ran in a group? And if yes - would the treat drop for all group members?
    I'm curious because I was never able to invite anyone to the group while in tavern. Besides it would be a fairly easy way to farm a lot of AD out of it.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    no, the treat drops for one person and it's not even need or greed. Highly recommend running it solo.

the horn blowing keeping all the guards alive.. doesn't matter. I've tried it a bunch of ways. it's entirely RNG from start to finish.
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Yep. There's no trick to getting the yeti to appear. Its all luck. I saw the PC 'guide' months ago but it actually makes no difference what you do.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Don't know anything about keeping the guards alive, but allowing the beast master to blow his horn before I kill him seems to work 100% for summoning the yeti and get the treat to drop. Now, as for getting the young yeti to accept the treat, I think it is just a simple random chance - probably in the 5-10% range. I have gotten the companion a few times, and it seems prtty random to me.
    Hoping for improvements...