test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it worth getting elven/dragon flight

azurexalphaxazurexalphax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
When new armor is coming out for underdark or should I get elven/dragon flight armor for the time being?

Comments

• Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    no lol
  • Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The new armor is weaker in general than dragonflight. There are a few specific exceptions.

Feel free to take the time to research your specific class. All the stats are already posted and easily compared.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Certain classes will you use certain pieces of Drowcraft gear and Dragonflight together. For example the gwf will most likely have DF helmet, DF Bracers and, DF boots, and once the drowcraft gear comes out we'll use the bracers mainly due to crit to replace our best in slot Elven ones.
  • Options
    bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Dragonflight is good if your class doesn't need to stack crit and benefits a lot from recovery. Otherwise you'd be fine with Elemental Alliance. The next DLC doesn't seem to be bringing superior armour so don't need to worry about that making your DF less than BiS for non-crit build.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Elven is better or even with new Drowcraft for certain classes , unless you can infuse with Black Ice(the elemental versions). In which case you will see a general stat increase over elven making them slightly superior.

Dragonflight is superior for the most part for certain classes, but not all. Some dragonflight pieces are good, some are really bad.. Some classes dragonflight is hideous (CWs for sure, GWF really only want 1 piece (head) . You need to look at your class and the corresponding items on elven, drowcraft and dusk armors. To see what benefits you will get.

Typically find a MIX/MATCH approach that works for your build. In terms of overall I LEVEL , dragonflight is the highest (with lionsmane pvp set matching) but its not ALWAYS superior for your class, for pve purposes anyways.

also, do not overlook a 2 piece set of dusk armor and its party bonus. Its pretty good actually.

There isnt a BIG leap between any of the sets in terms of performance with overall minimal stat increases.

however, there is some REALLY bad pieces for certain classes, you will want to avoid.

• Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    just go with the drowcraft/ dusk combo, they're loads easier and cheaper to get and give excellent set bonus..
  • Options
    azurexalphaxazurexalphax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am building a tactician build for my guardian fighter and trying to build as defense as possible.
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User

I am building a tactician build for my guardian fighter and trying to build as defense as possible.

dusk 2-piece bonus gives +1000 power, +1000 defense and +5000 HP when in a party
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    would someone mind posting the best Armour set up for a TR
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Can the Drow craft and dusk set be upgrade in the black ice profession like my elemental stuff? It all seems weaker/not worth changing to compared to elemental
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Can the Drow craft and dusk set be upgrade in the black ice profession like my elemental stuff? It all seems weaker/not worth changing to compared to elemental

Drowcraft has 2 variations of upgrade in Black Ice, Elemental Raid and Elemental Restoration. Dusk, I don't recall the names.