test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what Tyrrany of Dragon 5th (and possibly 6th and 7th) boon to go forth with for my MoF CW!?

ash1113ash1113 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
edited October 2015 in The Library
Hi! all

my Char is a Control Wizard and the sub class is Master of Flames. My crit severity is capped at 97% without the vorpal enchantment (idk if that accurate but when i unequip the weapon with vorpal enchantment the crit sev doesnt drop down from 97% so..) as well as without any point in dragon's fury (now i dont know if crit sev goes beyond 97% but if it does theres no indication (if not directly even in tooltip it doesnt say or show an hidden percentages)

my char is tiefling, feats: full renegade and 2 in oppressor, have an allure ioun stone upgraded to epic status..its a glass-cannon (but i think almost all CWs, irrespective of SS or MoF, are glass-cannons),

so back to question...i have the 5th tyrrany of dragon's boon point (one we get through Haarl's book) and i have choices between dragon's fury, dragons thirst or dragon's grip (and not dragon's revival) but my trouble is my crit sev is at 97% , now if what people say is true then i might have more than 97% outa which 97% shows up rest is hidden if that true it would make sense to invest in all 3 of dragon's fury to get pure dps but if not its a waste of boon points...in case dragon's fury isnt a viable option then im left with the other 2 so...which one should i put all 3 in or which 2/3 shall i mix up (as in none having all 3 points invested in them)!?

thx

P.S:...this also brings up the question: if it truly is capped out at 97% and is without the vorpal (again this im saying coz the 97% doesnt drop down from 97 when vorpal is removed) then is vorpal of any use to my CW!?...would i be better off without it then? which weapon enchantment should i use then (i have tried my hands on lesser terror enchantment but didnt see y do some people use it instead on any class..but idk..)??

Comments

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Your crit severity is that high because of the Class Feat called Critical Conflagration. It applies and extends smolder on each crit and also increases your crit severity by 20% (5% for each point in it). Vorpal is a great weapon enchant for the MoF because every encounter/at-will/smolder/rimefire/lostmauth set is able to crit and is multiplied by your crit severity.
    Crit severity can go above 100%, Vorpal however is not shown in your stats window, so you have to add it to your crit sev shown there.
    I suggest switching out Critical Conflagration for Swath of Destruction. The +20% damage increase applied to monsters works for everyone who hits the target and the +60% smolder damage is a huge boost. This also means that you will have to apply smolder manually through the Scorching Burst at-will or with Fanning the Flame slotted into spell mastery.

As for the Tyranny boons, put 1 point into all 3 you've listed above. The practical difference between them is so small, that you can choose the order in which you wanna place the points in.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    ^^ What he said, both about the vorpal and boons.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Swath and cc are serving me well. Also, I gave spell twisting a shot, but given current content icy veins is working a little better. By better it means trading a little dps for locking mobs down
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    kriptical1 wrote: »
    Swath and cc are serving me well. Also, I gave spell twisting a shot, but given current content icy veins is working a little better. By better it means trading a little dps for locking mobs down

I personally found going thuam with the rest of my feat points oppressor so I could get both icy veins and spell twisting. The raw damage is slightly higher, but it lacks the party buffs that Renegade provided. My build is focused on doing the max amount of damage possibly in short encounters (aka Stronghold Dragons, in mod 7, Tiamat, and WoD Heralds). Therefore, I went Thaumaturge, because after all of the buffs and debuffs surrounding those dragons, the slightly higher raw DPS really multiplies and does far higher damage once you get the right stats.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I chose crit severity and plan to choose life steal and incoming healing.