test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prism and Tiamat....

kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
Boards ate my first post, so short and sweet. There is a theory that Bubble, or Prism is causing the soul crushing 2fps lag at the heads.
Is this the majority opinion?
Any other theories?
Pretty much every fail I've had over the past week have been due to lag and i'm interested to hear everyone's opinions so we could hopefully shed some light on what's happening and get it fixed.
Discuss!

(Edited b/c autocorrect >me)
Post edited by kriptical1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    prism combined with bubble causes a feedback loop as I understand it. kind of a massive ddos on the server with tons of tiny heal pings off everyone around them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3qwu4a/pally_bubble_frame_rate_killer_xb1/
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1202334/astral-seal-and-prism/p1

It's especially bad when you get two bubble pallys linked. i've even seen frame rate drop in a 5 man dungeon with two bubble pals feeding off each other. nothing like you get in the WOD though. you get 3 or 4 of them at once and time stops for a couple minutes.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Strange because i ran tiamat last month and almost everyone in there was a paladin, prism was going off like crazy. It was one of the smoothest runs i have ever been a part of. But i think there was about 15 people, not 20.

I dont think the bubble has anything to do with it. I think it's more of a combination of healer paladins procing burning guidance and prism... it procs so much more than a bubble pally.

The only time ive seen the frame rate drop with double bubble in a dungeon is with a guardian fighter running knight of valor(i think).
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    It's the combination of bubble and prism. Prism can proc on other things as well. as they say in some of the threads I posted there are some other boons and feats in the build that also can complicate the matter. your experience may vary. it's not all builds of pally that cause the problem.

but going off a dim memory with less than a full room but no exact numbers and saying "nearly everyone" was pally again not exact science.. maybe there was one pally maybe there was two. I find the whole everyone was a pally and it was fine to be just a little too pat. LOL.

My experience says pallys are definitely lag inducing especially when there is more than one. more than once on the dragon farm and more than once in tiamat it's come to a complete halt with bubble use. losses of 2 minutes of time frozen are not unheard of. those are especially bad runs and it's not always that bad, but I've definitely encountered it more than once. yes other things can cause lag but I did a lot of tiamat and a lot of dragon farming before we had pallys and it was NEVER that bad. and it's always when the pally lights up that things come to a halt..

I think it's a bug that they need to look at. they probably won't.. but it acts like a loop bug.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    We had a similar thing last night with a SH dragon, half a dozen pallys, a GF, couple of hastes plus dps'ers and although the drags were dropping nice and fast I could barely see a thing lol.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    I've definitely experienced this. There were only 6 of us at the blackhead and the pally had his prism kicking, not sure about bubble but the lag was unreal. Less than a frame per second.

Needless to say we failed. But that's normal in Tiamat these days. As long as there's a Tiamat there'll be something causing it to lag. Dev's need to sort it.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Its got nothing to do with divine protector (bubble). Keep blaming protection paladins though, it just amuses those of us who know the cause lies with prism and burning guidance and a devotion paladin :p
  • Options
    speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    hmm, i personally do not use prism but i do pop bubbles in tiamat... and you should start appreciating that. I actually re-spec'd prism out of my build because if your a good bubble pally then there really is no need for it. imho.
  • Options
    So there appears to be some awareness in the pally community of a problem with Burning guidance and Prism? I've done Tiamat about 5 times a day and the one consistency on Fails has been lag + the word Prism popping off everywhere.

I'm not looking to blame here. But if a temporary fix, would be not casting the dang spell, which is certainly a lot faster than waiting for Cryptic to fix it. Because, let's face it, nothing's getting fixed before Underdark, and when that drops, nobody is going to have time for Tiamat.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

... But if a temporary fix, would be not casting the dang spell ...

Burning G is a boon and Prism is a feat not spells that can be cast... Prism heals and is proc'd by the pally casting a daily. Burning G damages when the pally is healed. I think I got that right. So telling a pally not to cast dailies in a tiamat run is just not going to happen.
    Post edited by speedokillz on
  • Options
    Wow. Well that's about as lame as it can be....in all honesty they should hold off casting dailies at the heads. Id rather carry someone through a stage than have them waste Everyone's time, over...and over...and over again. Presently it seems we're on an endless loop of stupidity in there.
  • Options
    To tell you the truth, I used to love running both prism and BG even on my protection pally because I could often get the trifecta in dungeons! With perma-bubble leading in damage, damage taken, and heals was fun and everyone would freak out about it and ask how i was doing it. I would see my entire screen start filling up with damage ticks and mobs just start melting!

I believe it was nerf'd in a way to have an internal cool down, so BG could not proc dozens a times per second. It still was racking up some decent damage, but I now use neither.

• Options
    parker0850parker0850 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Healadins are the worst. If I happen to use a daily in an iwd heroic or something with alot of people the game almost comes to a stop. Though I did notice the lag is a little better if I turn off my big circle (forgot what it's called atm) but I also have burning and prism on my healadin so I just use encounters when with large groups. And save the headache and people from complaining
  • Options

2 pallys can still melt stuff, i mean melt stuff. I have a buddy i run with sometimes and him and another pally can melt the spider queen in about 5 seconds, this was just last week. Obviously its a bug but...its there lol.

Devotion Pally?
  • Options

Have you encountered the double pally 0 frames per second and when it comes back everything is dead? Lol..i have.

no, the times it's happened to me nothing has moved at all on the death scale. time just freezes.

• Options
    Ok, so some good stuff here. I'm going to try to ask in Tiamat for the BG/Prism spec'd Pallys to not cast dailies during the heads and see what happens. Hopefully, they will play along and possibly we can test this a little.
    End of the day, there is no loot in Tiamat, so who cares about 'score,'. It's really just about favors before Underdark....and really, it's more about favors before everyone gives up due to this dps dissolving, souls crushing lag.
  • Options
    lol good luck with it. they're just gonna say. it's not my fault it's blah blah's (some of the stuff they come up with is great. my favorite is blaming the warlock) fault. u stoopid and ignore you. it's what they've been doing all along.
  • Options
    The lag is real...
    I just don't get how it's so hard to not do something, on a certain spot. Day in and day out... Same result. What gives..
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I got a respec token just to drop prism out of my build. Annoying when others seem determined to hammer something and give the the rest of us a bad name.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yeah it's not like everyone doesn't love Pallys. Like it's all good. You carry so many, through so much content..let us handle the heads of Tiamat. It's the least we can do.
  • Options
    crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    It's the Clerics fault! Pali is innocent till proven guilty.
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Yeah blame the healers...

I remember mod 5 telling everyone do your Tiamat before mod 6 comes out. Some listenened and some didn't. I managed to get my GWF done and was 5 away from completing my cleric. I had to buy coffers to get my Paladin done but glad it's over now. Now I just have to do the Stronghold PVP grind which is terrible lmao.
  • Options
    chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Chiming in, if you want to be a troll. Run devo pally, bonds of virtue, vow of enmity, sacred weapon. Have prism and beacon of hope feated And the boon burning guidance.
    With bonds(golden circle) and prism your heals bounce back and forth off of everyone. Casting vow creates a heal for anyone damaging the marked target, your at will oathstrike creates a heal on every 3rd strike. If you have 2 devos mark the same target with vow and everyone is attacking that target you will see rediculous damage from burning guidance and the target will melt in seconds. The side effect is framerate will drop to less than 1fps.
    Examples
    http://xboxclips.com/Chromed+fish/f99e5cb5-bb8b-4a0d-82fe-518fca5d6fb7
    http://xboxclips.com/Chromed+fish/ca15d234-2edd-4c2f-93f0-ab38867039c3
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard
  • Options
    http://mmominds.com/2015/11/01/mod-67-virals-perma-daily-pally-build-protector/
    is this a good build to avoid the feedback loops? I have a baby pally that I'm levelling up. I see that build does not have prism.
  • Options
    chromedfishchromedfish Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Yea thats a solid build that wont create lag. Im still around poopoo just been busy.
    15k Healock
    13k Virtuos Cleric
    13k Destroyed Gwf
    12k SS Control Wizard