test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 7 tank build is now live!

rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
edited December 2015 in The Guard Barracks
http://mmominds.com/2015/11/04/xbox-mod-7-tanking-like-a-rockstar-gf-swordmaster/

I have recently got a guide published by mmominds that i hope encourages more GF tanks to hit the scene. It is PuG friendly and has seen me through even Cragmire crypts legit from Quing up with randoms and not using mics!

Last updated December 15th
Post edited by rockstargfu on

Comments

• zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    We have kind of similar Builds. Thanks for the read.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    @zman81420

Nice i almost commented on same tactics from yoir comment in a dif thread lol
    Just did a major revamp to include my most up to date tactics!
  • elstaer#5195 elstaer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey just started, was playing a GWF, but i really like the sword and shield classes, so i'm going to give the GF a go, just wanted to say Thank You for the guide.
    @elstaer#5195

Your welcome bud, im active on forums and replying to questions on my guide.

Anything at all lemme know
    I am saving up for upgrading my Portal Hound to blue, been a great companion. Quick companion gift procs is a plus. I notice though it does disappear of get stuck a lot in dungeons and I have to resummons him back lol and loves to fight directly under my feet and dies a ton. Thanks for the insight. Been a tremendous boost to team DPS Output with the added 3x personalized pieces for the additional defense stacked.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    edited January 2016
    @zman81420

Fun thing about portal hound when upgraded to blue i think, is he teleports to enemies when not in range so no running.

Also dunno if i mentioned it in guide (man i need to reupdate it) but encounters (like ITF) when activated use all your current stats to scale buff and CD timer (defense recovery)

So for me this can be the differince starting combat

Early ITF
    65% dmg bonus
    10Second CD

Paused ITF for 2 bonding stacks
    95% dmg bonus
    8 second CD (next itf seemless)
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Yup, I've recently changed from the Bear to the Portal Hound, it makes a big difference to how quick that first Companion's Gift procs.
    I agree @cactusjackter , I almost tried the cave bear as you had stated in past posts but this hound is very OP for us tanks.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I've actually changed to the Shield Maiden now. She also has a lunge attack, though it isnt quite as long distance as the Portal Hound, but has the advantage of an extra ring slot. If you use the Underdark gold rings you end up with a total of 9 defensive rune/enchant slots on her.