test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Domination

torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
Black Ice Domination bugs out all the time. Sometimes doesn't ever start, sometimes shows as "started" but no control points are active, etc.

To fix it, I'd suggest making it one of the "hourly" events. a "Black Ice Domination" hour where all participants earn an aquamarine + BlackIceDomination rewards during that hour. This way, it would "activate" on all instances of IWD/DV every 4 hours or so..

Guilds could plan around it, "oh BI:Dom is in 30 mins, lets head to IWD"

Now that GG no longer has an 'hour' assigned to it, I'm sure BlackIceDom could fill the void.
NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
Thanks for all the fish.

Comments

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I don't think the randomness of it's starting and the fact that it's bugged are related, so I don't think making it one of the running events would fix the bug. It is definitely true that it's bugged, especially the one in DV. More often than not, I've gone in there to find BID running but no points actually working.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Yes, I've just run into this bug twice in one instance. The capture points are
    graphically depicted as captured, but there is no timer or way to actually win.

Disappointing after running across the map. Used to call for back-up,
    but no one does that now because of all the false alarms.

Since this bug has been there since the preview shard, I'm guessing you're
    busy... But this is one of the parts of the game I really enjoy. Would appreciate
    this being elevated to a Known Issue or Things To Do for the programming team.

Thank you.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    There seems to be a new bug with Black Ice Domination as to the opposing team that is losing can't summon the golemn via the statues. They are lit up and you can't click on them. They are not even showing as being completed either.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I remember a period of time (a few months anyways) where BiD actually worked -- then it would break one way or the other ever other patch or so.