test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tips how to kill GF with GWF ?

pauliusxaspauliusxas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
Hello, so I am almost BiS GWF, but I had just only problem. How to kil GF in 1 v 1 match ? I have been fighting vs many GF, but against those with awesome dps build I couldn't do anything against him. He just always blocks me ... Yes I killed some BiS GFs, but I need some tips, maybe even video how to own them. Thanks.

P.S I am using Stamina Drains, but most of them just blocks the effect of it.

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    The GWF are scissors, GFs are rocks. They will just wait for you to be open then bullcharge you and cripple you with an anvil. There's really nothing you can do about it other than burn your stamina trying to bait his bullcharge, but then they just stall you out till they can repeat their cycle.

You really need another player to help you out.
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    For me as gear maxed PvP GWF its a 60/40 to 40/60 matchup depending on the GF player. If your familiar with the GFs mechanics you can Sprint the Bull Charge to avoid getting proned. Also getting behind the GF with Sprint will allow you to use Savage Advance followed up by IBS and maybe a few at-wills or Hidden Daggers inbetween.
    When the GF uses Into the Fray he lowers his Block if you know again the Cooldown on it you can land a Frontline Surge (it is a little bit of prevision necessary). Also if they use Knights Challenge thats actually pretty good for you. If they are CCed while using it KC will sometimes be canceled and remember they take 2x DMG too so landing an IBS on a GF that has KC on you might just kill him instead.
    In general: If the GF gets a good combo on you -> you are dead. If you get a good combo on the GF -> he will be very low and continous At-will should take him down or he is straight up dead.
    Definitly an up hill battle and one you do not want to pick since it is so unreliable, but not impossible.
    Post edited by blackyluke on
  • Options
    blackninja48blackninja48 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I've had a GWF named Alteron on Xbox beatdown my max geared GF through his shield block in about 10-15 seconds several times. He's also done it a few times to another highly geared GF in my guild. Not sure how he's doing it. A guildmate of mine said the guy is running with 20K armor pen, but I've stacked my armor pen up on my GWF and can't seem to bear high geared GFs down through their block like Alteron can.
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    @blackninja48 yeah Alteron actually created his own build so he's pretty much the top pvp GWF on xbox so he doesn't count, lol. There's pretty much him Trent, Safecoma, and Viper. Then there's everyone else. I may have left some people out so if you're seeing this guys don't get upset. ;-)