test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger TRAPPER

dunlopcgi#1405 dunlopcgi Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Hey folks,

My iLvl is 17xx ish, I'm 70 and i'm looking into completing my first Epic Dungeon (the ones that require only 1600 iLvl).
My DPS (check with ACT "Advanced Combat Tracker) is 2.6k
Anyone people can help me run these so I can get better equipment?

PS: I'm not in a Guild and I'm a casual player!

PS2: I'll be online tonight from 6pm up to 9pm Eastern Time.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    See the message below in my signature, Legit is a great way to start out in the game, it will help you grow so you can join a guild. You sign up online then join the channel once invited. It doesn't need i level requirements to run anything and you can join anyone asking for a run.

Or go to guild recruitment page, there are many guilds that do not have i level requirements.

• dunlopcgi#1405 dunlopcgi Member Posts: 10 Arc User

See the message below in my signature, Legit is a great way to start out in the game, it will help you grow so you can join a guild. You sign up online then join the channel once invited. It doesn't need i level requirements to run anything and you can join anyone asking for a run.

Or go to guild recruitment page, there are many guilds that do not have i level requirements.

Will do! :)

Thanks for the hint!
  • glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Sadly an even better (IMO) advice will be to drop the class and start all over with a different one. Dosent really matter which you pick, they are all way better than the ranger class. And it dosent look like theres going to be any sort of class balancing in near future. Some of us are stubborn or masochistic enough to keep playing this class though, and for advice we go to Ranger forum here :)
    Meh.. a hr trapper is very powerful, people are just not seeing it I guess. Not only does it have good dps, it has good control.

If you want to argue that the other lines are sort of useless.. then I would agree.

• glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User

Meh.. a hr trapper is very powerful, people are just not seeing it I guess. Not only does it have good dps, it has good control.

If you want to argue that the other lines are sort of useless.. then I would agree.

Well, your right,,sortoff :)
    Now as a 3,7 HR I will get invited to most dungeon runs, but I clearly remember when I was say 2,5 ilvl, only my guildies would run with me. The issue is atm, theres not really use for an controller, GWF's can do most alone, and if theres use for another class is an OP,,or (very rarely) a dc. So, not being a tank or a healer, HR's are jugded by their dmg, and its the lowest of all dmg classes. I agree with you, that in a run where another player are trying to lvl up an OP, a HR can be very usefull by helping him locking and stunning enemies, while the real damagegiver are doing their job....
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    HR and SW are amongst the highest (prolly after GWF) DPS... But they have to know how to play and be decently geared.
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @silverkelt? Who are you in game? Do I know you? :p
    FrozenFire
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

@silverkelt? Who are you in game? Do I know you? :p

he is silverkelt in game, thats his dc's name :p
    Oh :p I don't remember seeing him on Legit that's why I was wondering... Probably due to timing differences.
    FrozenFire
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    glubtal said:

Well, your right,,sortoff :)
    Now as a 3,7 HR I will get invited to most dungeon runs, but I clearly remember when I was say 2,5 ilvl, only my guildies would run with me. The issue is atm, theres not really use for an controller, GWF's can do most alone, and if theres use for another class is an OP,,or (very rarely) a dc. So, not being a tank or a healer, HR's are jugded by their dmg, and its the lowest of all dmg classes. I agree with you, that in a run where another player are trying to lvl up an OP, a HR can be very usefull by helping him locking and stunning enemies, while the real damagegiver are doing their job....

I'd class the Trapper as more of a 'frequent interrupter' than a real controller in harder content, and ya can blame mob CC resist for that. Trapper dmg isn't that bad, though. Lotsa AoE thorned root DoTs to spread the dmg around, and upfront dmg on CC immune targets if that doesn't apply. Against CC-able targets its more akin to SW's dmg, though, in that its not too high burst dps, and it takes some extra combat time for it to be fully fleshed out (and just like w/ SW's, its particular builds or powers that perform well, and that's not most options avail).

Oh :p I don't remember seeing him on Legit that's why I was wondering... Probably due to timing differences.

Ive seen you post, I dont use legit much anymore.. it would be my 4th option to ask for someone to join. Still better then PE though.

But Ive been in the channel since like , october 2013? give or take that time frame. I joined it a few months after I started playing the game.

I wasnt in beta, didnt join till june 2013.. but didnt really log in every day until august/sept of that time frame. When I pulled the plug on the last game I was playing finally.

Neverwinter was the most alt friendly game I played .. well up until the effing mess of artifact gear and stuff.

Until then.. it was awesome =P .

Completely agreed... Loved it when we only had to run dungeons to gear up and sell surplus gear. BoP and RP brought this down.
    FrozenFire
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Trapper is working fine. Just be sure you lifesteal enough. Don't focus too much on control durations, flowcyto is right in saying that trappers are frequent interrupters and not controllers. Your damage will be fine for everything. If you want to contact me in game my nick is @gabrieldourden. I currently play 7 pcs but a trapper ranger is my main (currently 3.1k).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    With my HR, if I really put forth the effort, the only class that consistently beats me is GWFs...even with a 1.5k IL difference in some cases. I can hold my own with others in most cases of equal levels unless they are super good (I admit I'm not great, but I outgear my incompetence lol).

3.9k Full Trapper, crit specced, practically BIS where it matters (IE no jewels on rings, since I dont need stamina or recovery etc) and a few defense slots need to get to 12 (best defense, good offense).