test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New to community - looking at dev/publisher community involvement

johnhostjohnhost Member Posts: 1 Arc User
So I am new to Neverwinter but not new to MMO's or Xbox. And what is sort of disturbing about Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic is how silent and non-community focused they seem. Neverwinter is a games as a service game. Your company wants to make money, you want lot's of players to engage and hopefully entice into your zen market, and yet where is the community involvement? Look at Bethesda, the competing MMORPG on Xbox One. They host a weekly (or thereabouts) Twitch Stream. They have excited podcasters and youtubers to talk about their game. And this was the game that was supposed to be horrible. It's a good community over there.

And then of course you have other similar budgeted companies like Daybreak (formerly SOE). They seem to keep in touch with the community pretty often.

Point is, if you are selling a game as a service it might be a good idea to build a strong community team and engage with people to build a positive feeling around your title. As far as Youtube is concerned I see nothing but words like "cash grab" and other negative feelings.

I personally don't want to drop money on something like VIP (which I would happily do) if the devs and publisher is locked away from the community and remains a faceless corporation run out of China.

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Oh yeah, we've been saying this for ages too. It doesn't make any difference.

I do actually think they take on board a few points and I've also noticed greater involvement on the PC side - there are a few posts with dev comments (!). But PC players have a list of complaints that go for years without being addressed so the difference in the end is negligible.

To me it really is astounding that they have this approach, I've never seen such a lack of interest in the customer base. Most companies fight hard to build positive relationships with their customers and have at least ONE PERSON dedicated to community involvement.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options