test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GameClient.exe has stopped.

yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
I recently updated my AMD Radeon driver to latest (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, v15.300.1025.0) and started up Neverwinter launcher first time after a while (couple of weeks). The launcher patched successfully. I click Play, and got into the splash screen for CRYPTIC and NEVERWINTER, and then the game crashed with "GameClient.exe has stopped" error. I tried a couple of times and it always stop before the login screen.

Please help ..

Comments

• Options
    throken#6821 throken Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2015
    Get the same thing, I have to start in safe mode,. then in game change directx to 9 instead of auto.
  • Options
    garydeen21garydeen21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    How do you start in safe mode?
  • Options
    webchef72webchef72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    same prob, have amd r9 200 series and did the rollback video driver to get around that issue.. HELP cryptic
  • Options
    isis418isis418 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same series (R9 200) and same issue. I used to be able to play the game flawlessly on high settings and now can't even start it :(

• Options
    bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I have the same card, and the same problem.
  • Options
    rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    EVGA 980 gtx ti sc+ also crashes every time you enter combat during gameplay. the game is unplayable
  • Options
    cerianiouscerianious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    i have update all my drivers to latest version but all i get is CRYPTIC black screen just wish CRYPTIC would leave things alone and let us play . Cant play anymore
  • Options
    breeper#4047 breeper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same problem newest AMD driver, R9 270x
  • Options
    portgasyisus#8207 portgasyisus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en

caught in those extensions .exe and give you right click on compatibility, so run with win xp servipack 3 and also run as administrator.

to me so I let him in. that if no audio, not if it is the first time you install, but at least be able to enter that and someone juego.esperar better solution because I was the only one to achieve decipher after a few hours setting.

excuse the English but is pure google tradutor, I just use the Spanish.

My graphics card is an r9 270x amd so I think they also sirvira to usd.

Note: When you want to create my first character I came out because I had the google chrome extensions with avast and aBlock at desativarlas I let myself go with the creation of the character and start the game.
    Post edited by portgasyisus#8207 on
  • Options
    iuleanaiuleana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Had exactly the same issue as OP. NW seems not to like the R9 series ... or the new drivers :(
    But the workaround provided by portgasyisus works just fine. Thank you :)
    I simply edited the game shortcut to run once in compatibility with XP SP3 + as admin - game launched without sound.
    To enable the sound run the game again without any compatibilities.
  • Options
    strange#3665 strange Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2016
    I have done everything in this forum as well as others and still can not play this broken a$$ mark of a game and I as well am running it on the R9 series....f@ck "New World", f@ck "Cryptic"....Obviously two very incompetent companies so, take this game and shove it up your cheap, cash grabbing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and go reeducate yourself in something else, stop wasting the gamers time by making garbage no one can f@cking play. Good day to you.