test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companions: a purple Striker deal 22% of your damage while a blue Defender deal 14%...

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
All in all aren't strikers less worthy as companions? They should DPS far more than defenders to be took in consideration. Almost no threat generated and just a tiny bit more DPS? :#

The striker is a Redcap Powrie while the tank is an Earth Archon.

What do you think? Eventually it will proc more Bonding Stones? All pros/cons?

P.S.: Ring of Brutality seems to not proc with companions, can you confirm it?
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -
Post edited by arcofortep12 on

Comments

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Just guessing here, but i think the proc of the Ring of Brutality is way to short to be even registered... perhaps it would be better to increase the duration of the proc and lower the power "output" for it.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    The redcap powrie generates only about 3.000 DPS while the eartharchon deals only about 600 DPS. An average DPS class can generate about 30.000 to 60.000+ DPS. That means the powrie generates about 10% additional DPS or less (normally less because real monsters has also damage resistance which reduce the damage. The rule of thumb would be that an Companion deals 50% less in real combat).
    The best damage dealing companion is the honeybadger which deals 4.000 to 6.000 DPS. For comparsion. Defender Pets like the eartharchon deal only 400-800 dps. So how do you come on this %?

And only for your information, you can up the damage a bit with the Indomitable Runestone and the Pet Gear from Stronghold. The last time i checked striker companions like the honeybadger can deal about 10.000 DPS on monsters where their overload enchantments work on.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    For a great striker that can do a ton of damage use the Shadow Demon. Here is mine doing a 5 man HE in our stronghold by himself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmkJyOIZX4

He has also soloed beast attack, spider attack, devil attack and both TOS and GWD (non epic). On ACT his shadow strike has generated 183,000 damage on a single hit. Should you need this much "help" in game.. no.. but it is fun to watch him do it.
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    On the plus side, I "feel" as do others in my guild (The Unholy Crusaders) that the Shadow Demon procs CG as fast and holds as good as the Zen Warlock.. the shadow demon can just kill HAMSTER better and it flies and it looks cool and.....
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    It is odd that a purple defender can tank T1 bosses fairly well, but a purple striker won't add much damage to a party. So a tank is replaceable, but the DPS isn't.
  • Options
    nawelennawelen Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Im quite happy with my striker pet (the owl)
    btw, karaklai , Do you know who are the strikers pet with more dps? and how much dps they do?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

It is odd that a purple defender can tank T1 bosses fairly well, but a purple striker won't add much damage to a party. So a tank is replaceable, but the DPS isn't.

That's just because epic defenders have AoE immunity, and most bosses are pure AoE. The immunity is something of a ham-fisted resolution to the companions having no AI to deal with AoEs in the way that players can (block, dodge, whatever), but there aren't many other alternatives since anything less than immunity will still result in the pets being one-shot on a fairly regular basis in the situations where you most want them.
  • Options
    hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    specialty rings such as brutality,rising power etc do not transfer over from pets or proc from a pet.