test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD for playing some Foundry

rezuron#1946 rezuron Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my Foundry,
so play it maybe?

Yep, I see your point, you don't wanna waste your time for 'ME'.
However there was a reward in AD for playing Foundry. I see why Cryptik has turned it off (Grind for AD, Foundry with average gameplay less than 100 sec). Hey! We need that back!
Can you supprot my post? Maybe, if we show them our numbers they will give it back.

And if Grind is such a problem let's make AD reward only for playing Foundry
a) with average gameplay over 10 min
b) recomended by Cryptik

They can do it!
We can do it!
Just support this post and see what will happen!

Have a nice day and play some Foundry!

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    One of the problems with the Foundry is that the majority of the players simply consider it a waste of time....the effort/reward ratio is just too low.

This is sad becausi it has tremendous potential.

Another problem is that the assets are outdated...the newest stuff is not available to foundry authors.

There are 147 other minor problwms with the Foundry but that's a different issue.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    If there were unique and rewarding items people will play whatever.

Its the same in any mmo.

and yes. at this piont foundry is a waste of time, because you get nothing for doing it, so whats the point.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    That's my point! Let's speak ours minds! We need some rewards for playing Foundry!
    We need that and we need that now!
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Rewards for playing the "eligible" foundries must be AD gain, and all kind of refine objects, (even if they are bound on account or bound to character), is maybe the only way to get players again.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I will repeat what I told you on Facebook so others may know and understand. Most players blame PWE for pulling the AD out of the Foundry dailies. It was NOT the Chinese.

Simply put it was a California wanker that turned those off. His name is Scott Shicoff, Lead Content Designer for Cryptic.

Other than profit and loss statements, I doubt the Chinese have little to say or any opinion about the game. I feel that Cryptic uses the Chinese as a puppet "bad guy" to fall back on when things go wrong and smooth over relations with the players.

If you look at the Bloomberg report on the current company's board of directors and CEO's, you won't find a single Chinese name on that list. Don't allow Cryptic to fool you and hide behind a Chinese skirt.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/people.asp?privcapId=11211579

If you really want to make noise about this, send emails, call, and write mail directly to; Stephen D'angelo, Daniel Stahl, Edward Roffman, Kevin Cloud, and Jeffery B. Braun. The address and phone numbers are published in that report. It is against US law to keep public information undisclosed, The current system of mandatory corporate disclosure is covered in the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These acts as well as subsequent legislation related to disclosure have been implemented by rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Anyone potentially editing or deleting this post may wish to look those laws up first.

Best wishes!

Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    feiyan#5093 feiyan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I alwys thought playin fundry was for fun... Thats the point in ANY game, have fun.... But i may be brong
  • Options

@feiyan#5093
    You are right, but people in mmo should get something from it. As I have said, it's a waste of time for a lot of people. There has to be something in reward for playing. There must be something for reviews. Not for authors, for players!
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    They really need to do something, now it's almost impossible to get some foundry achievements.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    We will NOT be silent! There is a reason we play this game! We could play WOW or Guild Wars 2 or one of 100000 others. But no, we are playing NWO because there should be ENDLESS TALES created by FOUNDRY AUTHORS!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I know :( I just want do something about it :(
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    0/100 Foundry Mote weapons Mainhand/Offhand

Artifacts that only drop in Foundry

Daily Foundry Dungeon Key for good rewards

Just 3 of the options that might work.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Even just getting vouchers that could be donated to SH coffets would be an improvement.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Foundry was THE specificity of this game. But now it's like this tool doesn't exist anymore. No updates, no rewards...

Foundry should be an alternative way for win cosmetics BoA items ( olds gear sets, fashions sets, dyes, appearence token, fashions sets for pets ).

AND, we need a quest in SH asking to complete a Daily Foundry with a reward in the form of 2 minor diamonds vouchers and 10 random shards of power ( heroic/dung/conq/advent ).
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Its really a sad state of affairs when we have to "bribe" players to do something besides grind.

But honestly, I'm just as guilty as the next person. RP RP RP RP RP AD AD AD AD AD. And campaign currencies to feed my SH Mimic. That's my in-game life these days.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    I would love to see Foundry becoming a real part of the game again. Everything else in Neverwinter is just mind-numbing grind. However...

I see why Cryptik has turned it off (Grind for AD, Foundry with average gameplay less than 100 sec).

Maybe I misunderstood - but you are aware that Foundry quests had to have an avarage playtime of at least 15 minutes to be eligible for AD rewards, right?

Grind for AD was not the reason they removed rewards from Foundry. Every single other source of AD in the game had a better ratio than 4k/hour, once per day.

The "official" reason Cryptic gave us was "nobody played Foundry anyway". Right, (almost) nobody played Foundry, so they completely removed any incentive to do so.

I see only 2 possible conclusions (even if that "reason" was a lie): Either they are plain stupid, or they just don't want people to play Foundry.

I really hope I am just missing something here...
  • Options
    Yep, I know that, but still in someone's heads it's "grind".
    Let's just don't be quiet about that. Just talk about that. Write some emails to Cryptic, let's do something. That's all.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    I support foundry authors in their quest. D&d is about stories. Also nwn still lives because of custom maps.
    JMYwySk.jpg