test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Explorer's Boon: Bugged

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
I ran a full 10x Hotenow maps (should be 2 resources x 6 nodes x 10 maps = 120 resources) but 18 of the 60 nodes only gave me a single resource. I had the Explorer's boon on the entire time and even switched it off and then back on in hopes it would unbug.

Also from the 10 maps (30,000 guildmarks) I got a total of 6 (six!) Alum. I was trying to make yellow flasks and I got 3 attempts for 30k guildmarks and all failed. Bugged explorer boon, very low drop for Alum material you need a LOT of.. frustrating.

I wanted to post this in the bug section, but for some reason that subforum is hard to find. It does not show on the main subforum page list.
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Comments

• Options
    Ok I kept missing it because it is right next to (Xbox One) I guess. Kept looking for it in Neverwinter (PC)

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    zeusom said:

I ran a full 10x Hotenow maps (should be 2 resources x 6 nodes x 10 maps = 120 resources) but 18 of the 60 nodes only gave me a single resource. I had the Explorer's boon on the entire time and even switched it off and then back on in hopes it would unbug.

Also from the 10 maps (30,000 guildmarks) I got a total of 6 (six!) Alum. I was trying to make yellow flasks and I got 3 attempts for 30k guildmarks and all failed. Bugged explorer boon, very low drop for Alum material you need a LOT of.. frustrating.

I wanted to post this in the bug section, but for some reason that subforum is hard to find. It does not show on the main subforum page list.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the treasure hunter boon, can you recall if a specific resource was only granting 1 instead of 2? We've been unable to locate a problem with the boon at this time but hopefully we can identify the issue if there is one.

In regards to the frequency with which alum appears, this is being adjusted in the next patch. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the treasure hunter boon, can you recall if a specific resource was only granting 1 instead of 2? We've been unable to locate a problem with the boon at this time but hopefully we can identify the issue if there is one.

In regards to the frequency with which alum appears, this is being adjusted in the next patch. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Part of the problem is the drop rate for Alum is too low for the recipes that went to live server. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12762166
    Another major part of the problem is an exploit that needs to be fixed ASAP. I did not want to post the details on public forum so I sent you a private message.

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

zeusom said:

I found one spot where I only got 1 with the Tresure Hunter boon. Marked it on the map.

[Concentrated Residuum] in Whispering Caverns.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    It does not have to do with the spot. Getting 1 stuff instead of 2 is related to the exploit and can happen at any node.
    asterdahl said:

Also submitted in-game bug ticket #3,853,332 about the node exploit issue.

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    We've identified the issue causing some players in certain circumstances to receive one resource despite having the Treasure Hunter boon set, I cannot yet give a time frame on the fix, but we are working on it. In the meantime I can verify that resetting the boon will not resolve the issue. In addition I can verify that it is not dependent on the map location of the resources. Changing instances may resolve the issue, depending on the circumstances but there is no guarantee. I apologize for the inconvenience, expect the patch notes to include information regarding a fix once we have resolved the issue.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The situation is even worse. I've made three four runs now over the coarse of a day, and got ALL sal amoniac. The problem is also campers. Guilds just have members take turns watching the node until someone finally takes the "trash" resource leaving the node reset and ready for them to plunder or continue waiting.

This leaves me NO free source of resources. I am NOT spending 3000 guild marks for 6 sal amoniac that i'm already drowning in. >_< This is a deal breaker and needs to be addressed... somehow.

Thank you in advance,

Dhenn.
    Post edited by jarecord03 on
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Check after Maintenance tomorrow to see if it's fixed.