test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wiki Contest

melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
I'm thinking about giving this a whirl. If nothing else it will be motivation for me to type up the suggestions I keep thinking I -should- add to the wiki.

Several other authors are better at timers and faking OR logic than I am, so I won't add anything there. I will mostly address advanced map making, custom interiors/exteriors, and how to improve dialogue (which I think will just be me typing SPELLCHECK over and over......).

Is there anything that you might think would help other authors (that in theory, I know how to do)?
Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
(Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ

Comments

• Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    If the prize would be "we will hire a fulltime, capable maintainer and push improvements for the foundry" i myself would wite full categories, tips n tricks and solutions. Like this, all ill say is "go ahead improving the wiki in any way and gl".
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    The wiki editing prize is something I already have.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    These are common questions:

How teleporters work?

How to go from map A to map B? And make them understand that you can't return to map A.

How to duplicate a Map? You know, the "snap to grid" on/off

How to use some FX? The blood decal that you need to rotate 180º in order to be visible, for example.

How to use the encounters?

How to customize an enconter?

Appear/Disappear options.

NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Well the odds of me winning the prize are pretty low, but if it gets me off my duff to do something I keep thinking I should do anyway, that's what these things are for.

Thanks for the list valcontar, some of those are already covered but might need to be updated. I'll take a look.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    the odds might actually be pretty good.

im sure you can see how many authors regularly make changes to the wiki, im betting the list is under 5, and prolly 1 or 2 are disqualified cause they're community mods (ambi?)

i posted that gif cause it makes me laugh, and also cause cryptic wants us to do more work for them ;D

im just frustrated w foundry support as of late. lots of things could be done to make it great, but they are Zzzzzleeping at the wheel.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

i posted that gif

Twisting the camera like it does is very bad for people with vertigo. (like me)
  • Options
    dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Pretty sad when you need your customers to write your technical documentation for you.. y'know..
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• Options

i posted that gif

Twisting the camera like it does is very bad for people with vertigo. (like me)
    sorry bout that. altho, it only emphasizes how apt the gif is at describing the relationship between cryptic and the foundry. ;D vertigo-inducing indeed.
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I think this might be beyone me. The Foundry section of the Wikia is a mess. There are about five different separate pages, most of them repeat the same information and they aren't all linked up together. I guess Wikia codes are different from Wikipedia codes since I tried to propose a merger on one of the pages but the code didn't work.

If someone else wants to help me take a crack at this and knows the Wikia codes maybe I'll make another attempt. At this point though I would spend most of my time just editing and that's not what I want to do.
  • Options
    rezuron#1946 rezuron Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    You know what? It should be contest or group work about "Write Foundry Master Guidebook". Like in pdf, for free to upload, with examples and screenshots in it.

Or Youtube tutorial.
  • Options

You know what? It should be contest or group work about "Write Foundry Master Guidebook". Like in pdf, for free to upload, with examples and screenshots in it.

Or Youtube tutorial.

There is one. The guy who wrote it publicly quit. Shortly after it was removed from the forums.

• Options
    I wonder if anyone has a mirror? I'd love to read it
    Thanks for all the fish.