test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeons

daaksanirdaaksanir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
When will we be getting all the other Dungeons back into the game?

Comments

• Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    in the year 2525 if this game is still alive if mankind can survive...
  • Options
    flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    The devs have promised to bring them back eventually. I suspect we'll see them when valve releases half life 3.
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User

You might get a wedgie by the jocks for saying that :p , all GWF charge!
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The devs have promised to bring them back eventually. I suspect we'll see them when valve releases half life 3.

I've heard rumors of Neverwinter Nights 3. Perhpas that is where the dungeons are? :-) :
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Well. We have been told that we will get news about them in Mod 9 blogs. Hopefully those start rolling out in the next few weeks.

That was the news we were told we would get when Mod 8 was released. My belief, based on this history, is that we will be told in those blogs that the dungeons will be released mid-Mod 10.

Elemental Evil continues to bite us all. Why don't they retire THOSE (EE) maps and just give us the dungeons as is????
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    If they actually made an underdark-- and that is mod 9 thats awesome. Or if they actually bring dungeons back- even more awesome. If they didn't and they just put more of the same Heroic BS or grinding of 100 things in the game that is unacceptable. Every few weeks more of the player base gets even more bored and frustrated. Honestly we probably won't hear anything till after mod 8 launches in xbox feburary 9th. :/ I'm really hoping that it's sooner. I need something to be excited about.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    They will be released at about the same time I will get those legendary rings I want.... oh... never it is....
  • Options
    deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    If look back at the past modules, you'll realize that the last time they made anything even close to resembling one of the original dungeons in a module was Valindra's Tower in MODULE 2. Yes, an argument could be made that Lostmauth and Kessel are dungeon-y, but seriously those are short. Heck even the current (reworked) dungeons are noticeably shorter than the originals. As every module comes up I hope for a new dungeon (I was sure the Temple of Elemental Evil was gonna be one, it was ripe for Castle Never style epic dungeon), but alas no. I think that at this point in the lifecycle of Neverwinter the cost/benefit of making new dungeons must be pretty low because we don't see them, and to be honest the devs are pretty cagey when they do discuss dungeons, even the old ones, let alone actually making a new ones. In my very quick estimation, since TOD the ratio of re-hashed vs actual new content has been about 70/30, at best. I don't expect that to change in module 9. At this point, I think I honestly keep playing because I'm too lazy to pick up another game and start from scratch.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They were longer because they had a reason to run them. You ran them until you got your BiS item.. then you could also sell said BiS items of other classes on the drop and roll.

IF They leave current gear in place, there is no reason to run any other new dungeons.. that is the poor design of having nothing to farm.

its the same with edemo by the way.. got your weapons? no reason to ever go back.

You want to spend 2 hours in edv ? for seals?

That is a serious question.. it would be a waste of time, we would all run 2-3 times for nostalgia and fun.. then go back and farm whatever is the quickest item to get AD again.

sad.. sad.. sad.

• Options

That is a serious question.. it would be a waste of time, we would all run 2-3 times for nostalgia and fun.. then go back and farm whatever is the quickest item to get AD again.

sad.. sad.. sad.

Nostalgia? I've never run those dungeons. Doesn't look like I will get the chance to. Or if so, it will be a highly modified, quick-run variation.

I did campaigns through mods 4 and 5, PVP through mod 6, dungeons in 7 and 8 (along with edemo.) And what was missing when I started doing dungeons? ....
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

Frightening. I had that song running around in my head all afternoon...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    hustin1 said:

Frightening. I had that song running around in my head all afternoon...
    Wow. The average age of gamerz around here! I think I was 6 or 8 when that song came out.... :-)

Played it on vinyl over and over and over until the grooves wore out.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Just hope the revival of these dungeons don't become another Duke Nukem Forever, finally out but a pile of garbage.
  • Options
    daaksanirdaaksanir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Need to fix the bugs in Cragmire. Having the door barred after Kallos Tam is beyond annoying, and having to fight Competing Adventure Party two, three, four and even five times before you can move on is really bad programming.

There is, and always will be, a huge amount of players that love doing Dungeons. A fast run is nice for quick AD, a longer one, like in the earlier version of the game, is great with a chance of better rewards of tier pieces, and especially with a chance to get something to sell on the AH.

Grinding dailies for Boons is getting really old and tiresome, and if you a new player now, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The Trump will make dungeons return with an executive order, just remember to vote!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    godsblade#8271 godsblade Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    "The Trump will make dungeons return with an executive order, just remember to vote"

+1

Rolen
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    arabatur said:

The Trump will make dungeons return with an executive order, just remember to vote!

But only for humans. Drows will be sent back to Underdark.

My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.