test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Framerate

karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
Latetly i have the problem that Neverwinter doesn't run that well as normal.
At some areas i lose 10-15 frames or more. I didn't change anything on my system. In PE i would say it is a "problem" because of the Winter Event but i am standing currently at the entrance of my guilds stronghold and if i look at the giant gate i have 20 frames. If i look in another direction i have 50 frames.

Is someone experience similar problems?
plat.png
Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!

Comments

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Yes I have had the same problem

My PC and Connection are good but get lots of Lag and Server issues

• Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Yep same, been here since mod3 about and it got bad after Stronghold got out. That map got issue's for a lot of players i know.
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I use a dual boot Win 7 - Win 10,
    In Win 7: PE 50-60 fps, Stronghold 40-50 fps
    In Win 10: PE 25 fps, Stronghold 8 fps.

Same system, same drivers, etc.
    Fx-8350 (8 core) @ 4.8 GHz, R9-290X 4GB, 32 GB DDR3-1600 System Ram. Boot SSD. Game Drive 2TB SSHD.
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I did upgrade to win10 and it seems better, but now to load neverwinter i have to use compatibility mode in win7 or 8 to boot the launcher ?!? not a programmer here but mircosoft product always gave me a hard time. If this game could run on my mac id be in heaven :D
  • Options
    sommolordakkarinsommolordakkarin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    While playing mod5 more than a year ago i could play with all settings on medium/high and have a good framerate.
    Now, by updating only from XP to Windows 8.1 and only by updating the video card drivers, i'm forced to play with all settings low/disabled and still have low fps...
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User

While playing mod5 more than a year ago i could play with all settings on medium/high and have a good framerate.
    Now, by updating only from XP to Windows 8.1 and only by updating the video card drivers, i'm forced to play with all settings low/disabled and still have low fps...

If you are so kind, please test something for me. Use the Screenshot Mode by pressing ctrl+b. Does it improve your FPS?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    sommolordakkarinsommolordakkarin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    If i stand still and try with ctrl+b i get like 10 more fps.
  • Options
    spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Yea it's getting worse. It used to be only DR and IWD that took 5 seconds before you can interact with items/npcs. I'm currently leveling a pally (yes, I'm bored. sue me) and I see it happening on all leveling maps over the past week. Solid fiber connection so the problem isn't there. The cogent bottlenecks are also no worse than they used to be. SSD drive is defragged regularly so I doubt the problem is there either.

Don't defragment your SSD. It's not good for it.

Same issues here. Fiber connection but everything is loading very slow. Got 20 fps in stronghold with an i7, 16gb ram, gtx 760, ssd and both sliders set to minimum. Textures are also loading very slow.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    PE was terrible during the winter event. My gameplay was very choppy. Back to normal now in PE after Simril but some days I still get that jerky experience, which really messes with my vision. More than any of the other bullship that runs rife in NW the constant laggyness and FPS/texture issues are what will cause me to quit this game.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.