test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wnter Festival Zenith

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
I was still pretty new at the last Winter Festifal and was busy grinding boons. This year I've been doing the festial daily. I haven't noticed any difference with the Zenith. What is different aout the Festival Zenith?

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Nothing.. except you shouldve now unlocked enough to start getting at least second teir rewards, by the end you should have the ability to have 2-3 days at highest level..

The chance you get anything other then , a blue lvl 61+ crappy blue is the same, just the loot tables are supposed to have changed.

You will need to open alot on alot of alts to get any chance of something different really.

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    The Winter Festival Zenith doubles the Lights rewards from tasks and possibly from exchanging Stars for Lights, and adds some tasks to Simril Lightcrafting: in particular Hero's Feast and Resplendent Citrine.

At 1800 RP per citrine, I've been making those as fast as I can.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    You can also now trade in the stars for lights if you want.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The Winter Festival Zenith doubles the Lights rewards from tasks and possibly from exchanging Stars for Lights, and adds some tasks to Simril Lightcrafting: in particular Hero's Feast and Resplendent Citrine.

Wish you could use the citrines on the atifact you get with the festival. My alt is not likely to get his to purple before the festival is over. 1800 RP is great, though!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Wish you could use the citrines on the atifact you get with the festival. My alt is not likely to get his to purple before the festival is over. 1800 RP is great, though!
    Why would you use them on something besides artifact equipment?

IMO the real problem is the four hour timer on the task for it. Even if you play all day without sleeping you can get at most six per day (per character) and you're probably looking at more like half that. Not sure why they felt it needed a timer that long. Should've been half hour at most.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    A half-hour timer? Not likely.

The leadership tasks that reward a bag with a resonance stone (~60% chance for 500 RP stones, 40% chance for 2500 RP stones) takes either 16 hours for a non-rare task, or 12 hours for a rare task with an extra item required.

So 4 hours is really good for a guaranteed 1800 RP stone.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016

A half-hour timer? Not likely.

The leadership tasks that reward a bag with a resonance stone (~60% chance for 500 RP stones, 40% chance for 2500 RP stones) takes either 16 hours for a non-rare task, or 12 hours for a rare task with an extra item required.

So 4 hours is really good for a guaranteed 1800 RP stone.

It's garbage. First you have to farm all of the light pods via fishing (because crafting them is a waste of time), then you have baby sit half hour timers to turn them into motes of light, then you have to babysit another half hour timer to make light clusters. And you have to do all of this on one profession slot. Then you get a one week period to make 10-20 citrenes unless you babysit four hour timers all day long. Anyone that does this on more than one character is just crazy. You're better off just running dungeons and buying your RP because it will take less time.

Leadership is infinitely better because you get it year round and you don't need to watch timers all day long (and this is in spite of the massive investment in this require to level multiple characters to 24-25; the return is just much higher than anything else). The only reason why any of the light crafting tasks are reasonable is because of the short timers. A four hour timer is just so far out of whack that it's pretty worthless.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

IMO the real problem is the four hour timer on the task for it. Even if you play all day without sleeping you can get at most six per day (per character) and you're probably looking at more like half that. Not sure why they felt it needed a timer that long. Should've been half hour at most.
    The citrines don't seem to work with the artifact you get from the Winter Festival, at least not before you make it purple. I did use it on other artifact equipment. The Winter Festival artifact requires the special RP until purple. I got there on my main, but my alt may have to wait until next year to make purple on his--it's only half way through blue at this point.

urabask said:

The citrines don't seem to work with the artifact you get from the Winter Festival, at least not before you make it purple. I did use it on other artifact equipment. The Winter Festival artifact requires the special RP until purple. I got there on my main, but my alt may have to wait until next year to make purple on his--it's only half way through blue at this point.
    The citrines are *just* regular RP stones... they are not special, like the various lumens you need before getting the artifact to purple-quality.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    mattock13 said:

Does anyone know if the vendors will be available for a few extra days after the event?

Typically, the vendor is available until the next maintenance after the event ends. Of course, that's not guaranteed...
  • victrollavictrolla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I don't know how to 1) be accepted into a gifting party and 2) exactly how do you give a gift to someone? Put it in the space for potions and then what? Thanks
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    ... or just create your own gifting party. Make it clear right from the start, that you have [number of gifts available] gifts, that they will be opened one at the time and that the players in your group take turns.
    This far i only had problems with some players leaving the group, when they realise, that i'm doing the gifting by those rules, and not just open all gifts directly at once... go figure.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • victrollavictrolla Member Posts: 8 Arc User

victrolla said:

I don't know how to 1) be accepted into a gifting party and 2) exactly how do you give a gift to someone? Put it in the space for potions and then what? Thanks

Basically just type in zone chat that you are looking for a gift party and say you have so and so amount of gifts. Some people are scammers and will not give you any gifts back, so it is best to ask friends or guildies if you can. You just aim at a party member and press the number key of the slot it is in.
    Thank you for your kind assistance. I've been struggling to get invited (I even had gifts leftover from last year). I was finally able to disperse all the gifts. The organized parties were the best in terms of honesty and I respected the way the party leaders interacted with us.