test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Action point gain jewel

kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
I have just spent 100k AD to craft a big action point jewel and used it to enhance one of my rings.
My character currently has a 52.3% total action point gain. With the jewel enhancement it should be 1% higher but the rate did not change at all.
Is this only a display bug and do they actually work properly or did I just waste 100k?

Comments

• bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I have not looked at those in a while, but does the description say anything about the bonus being applied "during combat"? For some reason I think it did. In which case you would need to check your stats while fighting.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The description doesn't say anything about this but I will check it next time I get online
    I just looked and it does not say during combat but, it says +50 Action Point gain. I am not sure that would translate to a 1% gain.
    I am lookin at the lv 20 Jewelcrafting of a Greater Action Point Gain Jewel.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I believe 100 points would be a 0.25% gain. As far as I'm aware all stats except Armor Penetration go up at a rate of 400 points to 1%.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I believe 100 points would be a 0.25% gain. As far as I'm aware all stats except Armor Penetration go up at a rate of 400 points to 1%.

I have 306 points which adds 3.6% so, 100 points looks close to 1%.

kuero21 said:

I have just spent 100k AD to craft a big action point jewel and used it to enhance one of my rings.
    My character currently has a 52.3% total action point gain. With the jewel enhancement it should be 1% higher but the rate did not change at all.
    Is this only a display bug and do they actually work properly or did I just waste 100k?

I think you may be looking at the wrong stat. Action point gain is in 2 places. One shows the point total and on the tooltip its % contribution to the total. The lower total is the %.

That jewel should add about 50 points to the top listed Action point stat and around 0.5% to the lower stat. Look at the point stat, remove the ring and look again. Does the number change by 50? What does the % on the tooltip change by?
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    It would be good if you could Inspect your stats and it revealed where the build up of it came from e.g. Inspect Power and it could give you a run down of each element that influences this e.g. Boons, Enchants etc. It could even say whether the number is temporary or permanent.

On the whole I think the transparency of the stats isn't great.
    Guild - Excalibur
    very true. Information on all stats and skills for that matter is so light that it almost becomes a guessing game.

edited November 2015
    zephyriah said:

kuero21 said:

I think you may be looking at the wrong stat. Action point gain is in 2 places. One shows the point total and on the tooltip its % contribution to the total. The lower total is the %.

That jewel should add about 50 points to the top listed Action point stat and around 0.5% to the lower stat. Look at the point stat, remove the ring and look again. Does the number change by 50? What does the % on the tooltip change by?
    I crafted a big jewel that provides 100 points (jewel craft rang 25).
    I know there are two action points stats, a total one and a specific one.
    Before I used the jewel the specific action point stat was at 0 points, now it displays 100 points = 1% action point gain.
    My total action point gain did not increase at all, though.
    It was 52.3% before I added the jewel and now displays the same amount.
    kuero21 said:

zephyriah said:

kuero21 said:

I crafted a big jewel that provides 100 points (jewel craft rang 25).
    I know there are two action points stats, a total one and a specific one.
    Before I used the jewel the specific action point stat was at 0 points, now it displays 100 points = 1% action point gain.
    My total action point gain did not increase at all, though.
    It was 52.3% before I added the jewel and now displays the same amount.
    Sorry, I knew you had the big one. Even confirmed 100 points is about 1% in another post. I don't know how I switched 50.

My point is still the same, unequip and re-equip the ring to see if that fixes the glitch. There have been odd glitches on Xbox, where doing that has fixed the error and other cases where a hard reset of the Xbox fixed it. I would try both and then submit a bug report detailing those actions and contact CS if it does not.

^^^ is my fault for bringing "50" in to it. I thought he was talking about the lv 20 jewel but he is referring to the lv 25.
    My b o/
    edited November 2015
    I already uneqipped and requipped it a few times, no difference. Guess I will have to contact support then. Last time I contacted them they had removed the glitch/bug section though and told me they are no longer supporting on bugs/ glitches and if I would like to report a bug I gonna have to do it in those forums.
    Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a display bug but actually works or if it is a complete bug and does not work properly.
    lol @ Cryptic support not accepting glitch/bug reports any more. Telling people to report it on the forum is a pathetic abdication of responsibility as everyone knows they pay it so little attention that it may as well not exist...

kuero21 said:

I already uneqipped and requipped it a few times, no difference. Guess I will have to contact support then. Last time I contacted them they had removed the glitch/bug section though and told me they are no longer supporting on bugs/ glitches and if I would like to report a bug I gonna have to do it in those forums.
    Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a display bug but actually works or if it is a complete bug and does not work properly.

Yeah, I don't know if bug or not working. Never saw the cost/benefit of using an action point jewel. Too high of a cost for too little benefit. Did you also try a hard reset of the Xbox? Unplugging for a 30 secs or so should do it.

No I didn't. I could try that but I honestly can't imagine that this would change anything.
    kuero21 said:

No I didn't. I could try that but I honestly can't imagine that this would change anything.

A hard reboot forces the Xbox to re-sync the data with the server. If it is a display error or data update error, the reboot would fix it. If it is not, then nothing is lost and you know its a real glitch of some type.

• alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Doing the same thing on xbox and why I'm I not supprised they haven't fixed it yet.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'd like to bump this and add my 2 cents because I am still searching for an answer as well.

I can confirm this issue and no reset/reload fixes work.

Also, would like to add that in the total percent gain displayed under offensive and healing does not include the amount gained from jewels or artifacts. It's hard to test anything for definitive values on xbox.

Would like to know if anyone can say whether this is simply a display bug or not.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I refer to Action Point gain as a "special stat" along with control resist, control bonus, stamina Guard gain

These stats give roughly 100 to 1% upto 800pts at which point you basically brick wall. Dropping to roughly .1 to 100pt ratio

Had 3k AoE resist at one point which i noticed i only had 10%.

So scale flattens after roughly 800pts
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I put Major Power Reinforcement (+200) on head, arms, chest, and legs that should give me +800 power, but Stat sheet does not show it. It shows on equipment sheet as been added however. I tried un-equipping and equipping, un-slotted and re-slotted companion, force death, hard reset, delete reserved file...all with no change. I will say the +400 AP gain on accessories 4 × 100) works, but I have not got the power to show.

Should also be noted...tried in combat as well even though the description does not say, but no change to overall stats
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Don't know if it means anything, but I applied the Major Power reinforcement kits to Elemental Dragon Flight armor