test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck In IWD

locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
I'm stuck in Icewind Pass. I can't use the gate to get out, can't use teleport to Moonstone Mask, can't teleport to PE. Can't get into Biggrin's Tomb. Can't do dailies due to lag. Can't pick up giant helmets on the ground. It's broken. Let's just throw it away since it's junk anyway.

Comments

• Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Same issue here
    Edit: happened after I tried to enter biggrin tomb. I would suggest people avoid BT even the whole iwd before the issue been addressed.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yup, that's when it happened to me -- after trying to enter Biggrin's Tomb. Now I'm stuck.

Direct VIP teleport to Moonstone Mask doesn't work. Scrolls don't work. Queuing for a skirmish doesn't work. We cannot interact with **anything**, including the VIP travel signpost. There are a bunch of us stuck in Icewind Pass #1 AND WE CANNOT GET OUT!!!!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Yeah, some ppl in legit were saying the same thing. No known solution.​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    dumdragondumdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    Just keep logging out and back in until it corrects itself
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Been trying that...there must be 50 of us stuck here. It's been a couple hours and I still can't get out :(
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This is not only a IWD issue it has been hapening for more than a year on various maps. I have found sometimes joining a 3 man dungeon works(rarely) works. If that does not work exciting and re-entering the game might cause you being put in a different instance that solves this problem.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Let your mercenary contract expire; I think that takes 24 hours. Play an alt in the meantime, when you log your trapped toon back in after enough time has passed, you should automatically be moved to Caer Konig.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    valwryn said:

Running a Force Verify always fix'd this issue for me. :|

I literally just had this issue with my CW in Dread Ring - could not interact with anything including sign posts, NPC, portals, etc. Could not map transfer, nothing. I followed these steps:

1. From Options on the launch screen uncheck On Demand Patching
    2. Restart machine
    3. From Options on the launch screen check Force Verify and let it run
    4. When done Play

This fixed my problem.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Alot of my guildies are reporting this issue as well.
    Especially getting stuck in biggrins tomb (which is on my list to do).

I guess I'll avoid it till I hear a fix has been found.

• Options
    clytasiaclytasia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User

valwryn said:

Running a Force Verify always fix'd this issue for me. :|

I literally just had this issue with my CW in Dread Ring - could not interact with anything including sign posts, NPC, portals, etc. Could not map transfer, nothing. I followed these steps:

1. From Options on the launch screen uncheck On Demand Patching
    2. Restart machine
    3. From Options on the launch screen check Force Verify and let it run
    4. When done Play

This fixed my problem.
    Already done this, but I still stuck in Icewindale Pass
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ouch.. sorry! I gave suggestions this morning and nothing worked for those people either.

• Options
    lordsied5lordsied5 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    this is crazy
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Currently in Dwarven Valley, already knowing of possible IWD issues, and I have to say that this is the worst performance I've seen yet in this game. Interacting with things is near impossible. Sometimes powers work, sometimes they don't.. even when spamming them.

However, it's a necessary evil, since the guild is desperate for Frozen Treasures for the next upgrade...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Possible solution:

1) Join a party.
    2) Que for a dungeon/skirmish /CTA
    3) Here you can either try to merely leave the qued content (in which case you may need repeat 1 & 2 if that didnt' work), OR play through the qued content so you can leave there via the end portal.

If it STILL throws you back into IWD then stay in party long enough you might be able to use any other portal/ door to anywhere. Sometimes you can be pulled to another person in party.

If in IWD run through Biggrin's Tomb again with a party. They can pull you in there with the "Your Party is Waiting", and then you can leave via exit portal once the tomb's been run.

I've helped stuck people before.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

I'm stuck in Icewind Pass. I can't use the gate to get out, can't use teleport to Moonstone Mask, can't teleport to PE. Can't get into Biggrin's Tomb. Can't do dailies due to lag. Can't pick up giant helmets on the ground. It's broken. Let's just throw it away since it's junk anyway.

Hate to say this to you, but about a month ago I had an SW alt stuck in Caer Konig for the better part of a week because the F key wouldn't work - no interaction with anything.

And despite multiple GM requests and emails, I received no feedback from Cryptic. In the end, as I recall, I ran the Repair Arc tool, then loaded the game in Safe Mode and was able to finally move my character back to PE, and she stayed there when I exited and came back into the game.