test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End game

gjhuthdgjhuthd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I found end game too repeatable and boring. End game dungeons are too hard, and until you have high ilvl you can't do them. Having high item level enough for end game dungeons is too long process. I think dungeons should be made much easier. Also you get no good rewards completing them. End game is all dailies, the same quests all over again...So am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    No, this is the actual game.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    gjhuthd said:

I found end game too repeatable and boring. End game dungeons are too hard, and until you have high ilvl you can't do them. Having high item level enough for end game dungeons is too long process. I think dungeons should be made much easier. Also you get no good rewards completing them. End game is all dailies, the same quests all over again...So am I missing something?

Yes join a good guild we have a blast at the Grey cloaks and any is welcome on a Dungeon Run that meets IL to help get your gear up so you can do the same for others

Ara

• Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Don't worry, once you get that gear you will find out that there is nothing fun to do once you reach end game and got your gear, so I suggest you to dont complain about how slow it is to get the gear because that is all you can do once you are lvl70.
  • Options
    vaporwalkervaporwalker Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    no real point in doing dungeons at all, since you can get drowcraft from doing HE's (which are better gear than t1/t2)
    once you get that gear you will realize that neverwinter doesnt have an endgame.
    at all.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    sigh..

tired of it.

you guys dont want to learn, dont want to be shown, just the whole.. game is too difficult.. well its not.

you MAYBE could claim that while arp bug was going on.. thats it.. a bug . its not too difficult now.

and no.. you dont need tons of i level to finish stuff..

join legit or a guild.. get stuff.. win.

I dont want to sound negative, but if you find it too hard, then you just need to learn the ropes a bit more.

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    So, There is actually no end game... I think this is by design.

The Epic DDs are really hard unless you have a good party which works well together... This is where your guild comes in.

We have been asking for some "intermediate" Epic DDs and I understand they are coming

I run all the level 70+ areas every day in addition to the Mini Dungeons in the "Pit"

That and the Skirmishes and PVP breaks up the game pretty well.

but in the end all the areas will repeat quest and there is no getting around it.

Urlord
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    you can do all the dds at 2k .

every one..

do you want dds you can do at 1k?

i dont understand this at all..

what game are you guys playing?

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

you can do all the dds at 2k .

every one..

do you want dds you can do at 1k?

i dont understand this at all..

what game are you guys playing?

I would rather say "Some can do all the dds at 2K", the lambda 2K player is not able to do this.
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I see lots of players with wrong gear walking around everyday... DC with greater owlbear belts, CW with STR arti's set, i think some dont know its a d&d based game. Maybe because it doesnt feel like one, gogogo blow all the stuff like rpg game, you dont even have to think here and you make it till the end of any quests.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    marhabu said:

I see lots of players with wrong gear walking around everyday... DC with greater owlbear belts, CW with STR arti's set, i think some dont know its a d&d based game. Maybe because it doesnt feel like one, gogogo blow all the stuff like rpg game, you dont even have to think here and you make it till the end of any quests.

your comment include also the wizards with lostmauth set ? str dex the stats from it.
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    i havent think about that one, but since you bring it up yes! i wont debate on it tho since its been argue before... But its the best exemple on how this game bends d&d rules and make that game easier.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I am 3.189K and still have a hard time running Epics

With my guild I have no problem
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    The game is challenging and fun with a good premade going into a dungeon at IL 2.5K or so.. My main is a 4.1K GWF and I run with another 4.1K GWF as well as a 3.7K GWF. When we dungeon (with a couple healers) nothing is a challenge and it becomes a speed run.. good for about 2 times of fun then it gets boring. As the old people say.."stay young".. I say stay lower IL and the game will present you with challenges and things to work on such as strategies on bosses and handling large mob HE's. Just my 2 cents and I am pretty sure it isn't worth that :smile:
  • Options

The game is challenging and fun with a good premade going into a dungeon at IL 2.5K or so.. My main is a 4.1K GWF and I run with another 4.1K GWF as well as a 3.7K GWF. When we dungeon (with a couple healers) nothing is a challenge and it becomes a speed run.. good for about 2 times of fun then it gets boring. As the old people say.."stay young".. I say stay lower IL and the game will present you with challenges and things to work on such as strategies on bosses and handling large mob HE's. Just my 2 cents and I am pretty sure it isn't worth that :smile:

Or maybe the dev will listen to us and make an adaptable difficulty.

There is no way that group of 2K players can do the same as a 4K group, and it's normal. The problem is by setting an unique difficulty level, with laughable rewards, both groups get bored. The first one because it's too hard, and the second because 10 min-dungeon is not funny.

Set real difficulty levels with real rewards. The higher ilvl is 2K5 for edemo. But we have a panel of people far above 2K5.
    Where is the 3K, the 3K5, the 4K content? There is none.

Make something like normal mode for 2K, Epic 2K5, Legendary 3K, Nightmare 3K5, Impossible 4K.
    People will have fun findings strats and working together in order to succeed dungeons adapted to their ilvl.
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User

I would rather say "Some can do all the dds at 2K", the lambda 2K player is not able to do this.

So this is about the players who need to improve. They say 2k ilvl people can do T2, which is proven many times by many players. This does not mean that it would be a piece of cake for every 2k ilvl character. Sure get some 4k ilvl guy in etos and let him just jump around or not doing anything (useful) at all and he will die to say it in an exaggerated way. So etos should be set to 4k+ because he didn't manage to finish it? No. I play SW I have no idea of how to play a HR e.g. Give me a freshly respecced HR at 4k ilvl and let me choose gear, feats and powers without any knowledge and experience concerning the class. Will I be able to play that char in a good way to finish T2? I don't know. But let me play SW (non-puppet), the class I know lots of stuff about how to play it, even at 2k T2 wouldn't be a problem. I'd actually even try a 1.X ilvl etos run lol

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Or maybe the dev will listen to us and make an adaptable difficulty.

There is no way that group of 2K players can do the same as a 4K group, and it's normal. The problem is by setting an unique difficulty level, with laughable rewards, both groups get bored. The first one because it's too hard, and the second because 10 min-dungeon is not funny.

Set real difficulty levels with real rewards. The higher ilvl is 2K5 for edemo. But we have a panel of people far above 2K5.
    Where is the 3K, the 3K5, the 4K content? There is none.

Make something like normal mode for 2K, Epic 2K5, Legendary 3K, Nightmare 3K5, Impossible 4K.
    People will have fun findings strats and working together in order to succeed dungeons adapted to their ilvl.
    ^ - And why the forums do not have proper icon like thumbs up or something ?!
  • Options
    btfd said:

So this is about the players who need to improve. They say 2k ilvl people can do T2, which is proven many times by many players. This does not mean that it would be a piece of cake for every 2k ilvl character. Sure get some 4k ilvl guy in etos and let him just jump around or not doing anything (useful) at all and he will die to say it in an exaggerated way. So etos should be set to 4k+ because he didn't manage to finish it? No. I play SW I have no idea of how to play a HR e.g. Give me a freshly respecced HR at 4k ilvl and let me choose gear, feats and powers without any knowledge and experience concerning the class. Will I be able to play that char in a good way to finish T2? I don't know. But let me play SW (non-puppet), the class I know lots of stuff about how to play it, even at 2k T2 wouldn't be a problem. I'd actually even try a 1.X ilvl etos run lol
    You totally misunderstood me. It's not because long time players taking some alt at 2K make a group with some synergy and manage to succeed the dungeon than everybody at 2K will be able to do the same.
    Again the lambda player for me, is the one beginning doing T2 after managing to complete T1 ( Read NOT a fresh 70). And yes it is the player who should improve, but show me a run of people at 2K after 3 months of game managing to finish eCC.
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    Why shouldn't they be able to do that? This is what I did as module 6 was new and everybody was some kind of lambda player

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    0/100 Featured Foundry Mainhand and Offhand weapons would fix this.

Charbound Daily Foundry Key for real accountbound rewards would fix this.

Black Ice Domination HE working at specified times on the Daily Schedule [BI:Dom working at 3pm!] etc. would fix this.

Bringing back dungeons + endorsing dungeon creation in the foundry would fix this.

Ending Lag/Curating Stronghold Siege so it becomes more fun. =X It needs a shake-up.

Curating the 4 Elemental Evil zones might fix this. Make me want to go try one of those HE's I skipped while I was too busy questing?

Fix the lag, ban the bots, curate what you have. Make it fun + faster. It plays like an old clunker. =X

*It's like no-one is even working on Neverwinter.

edit: I take *some of it back. Patch notes are huge. Looks like some things are being curated with the 'newlife' tag, but I'd still like to see some Foundry love @terramak
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    vaporwalkervaporwalker Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    handicap wouldnt make any sense... after running the same few dungeons dozens of times, it ceases to be fun.
    if people were "handicapped" there would be 0 incentive to gear up at all.
    there is not much incentive as it is being able to easily complete all dungeons sub 3k ilvl.
    if you automatically reduce ilvl down, what would be the point to improve your gear at all?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Endgame depends. First it is gearing up and getting boons. If you did that, you either gear up near BIS or try another class. If you are BIS, some stop playing, many changed to PvP, some try to solo group content, some try to optimize speedruns.

If you are really bored (and not a BIS GWF), you go for a challenge and try to random que solo. While you will spent most of your time wondering what your teammates are doing, you will have helped some newer players and it is more of a challenge, than doing speedruns with 3k+ premades.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Challenge? WHERE? GIMME! I WANT IT!

eDemo? I bring 4 friends and as long as second party dont have "healers" we do it in 9min top.

T2? My gwf was tanking t2 on 2.8k il with a friendly healer, now at 3.4k i can tank them without healer, (i dont have guild at all, so u know, no overpowered boons) problem is if 4 other dps can keep the pace.

T1? U mean etos? well yeah its a quite funny t1... w8, nvm...

Gimme that challenge! Gimme t3 or t4 shapeshifting, 2h long dung, with rly rewarding rewards! *mad eyes*

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    gjhuthd said:

I found end game too repeatable and boring.

I agree, to an extent. This has everything to do with the dungeons that have been removed. We need them back. The same few dungeons get tiresome.

However, I can grind. I don't mind grind. I've been doing Demo, Throne and Prophecy in a cycle since Underdark has been out, much as everyone has been doing ELOL for the past... well, since mod 6. This is what I mean when I say I agree to an extent. I can still have fun grinding away, but I completely understand people who don't want to do (e)Demo, Throne or Prophecy back to back, and are done with the T1/T2 dungeons we have today.
    gjhuthd said:

End game dungeons are too hard, and until you have high ilvl you can't do them. Having high item level enough for end game dungeons is too long process.

It'll come to no surprise that I disagree on this part. The T2 dungeons (eCC/eGWD/eToS) have stopped being much of a challenge for a lot of us. I'll admit that it may seem that way when one just jumps into the random queue and does it - if you can avoid the people wanting to use an exploit at every turn - but when the team has just the slightest bit of coordination, it becomes a stomp.

I've recently begun gearing up some more characters. It's nothing special. They just barely break 2k Item Level. I use them to farm some Skirmishes and run the T1's with them with some friends. We bring our lowered geared toons. In the past I've argued people that state we should 'gear down' to bring back the challenge, and I still stand by that. I still believe that the feeling of progressions - be it through boons and gear - keeps people interested in RPG's. And while I enjoy playing those characters, I also feel like I'm 'cheating' on the characters I love playing most: my HR and OP.

When it comes to the second part of what I've quoted - takes too long to gear - I, sorry, just roll my eyes. Each of these characters has to 'fend for themselves', meaning they pay for their own gear, and more often than not feed their AD to my HR or OP. I don't hand down much from other characters. My Guardian Fighter is a testament to that. He still runs with the 'Mossy Ring' (Drowned Shores?), some Ensorcelled main/offhand and green artifact cloak/belt. Hell, my DC has to change equipment to even be able to do a T1, and does fine in there. None of these guys has finished Sharandar of even started with Icewind Dale.

If you want to equip yourself, go do some Underdark Skirmishes. The rings are decent and you might even get lucky, and if you don't, they salvage quite nicely. R7 enchants are cheap, and should last you long enough to finish your Sharandar/DR/IWD and Underdark campaigns, if not beyond. The Ichor you find can be used to purchase Drowcraft Equipment - the Shirt and Pants will increase IL a lot, if you upgrade from the 1IL 'Shirt' and 'Pants' without stats - and the Drowcraft gear is pretty decent. It's probably not what you're aiming for, but it helps you on your way to what you want to achieve.
    gjhuthd said:

I think dungeons should be made much easier. Also you get no good rewards completing them. End game is all dailies, the same quests all over again...So am I missing something?

Dungeons haven't been challening for a lot of us since the ArP bug was fixed, and even when that bug was around, I finished all of them in a legit manner. However, I will concede that if a lot of players feel the way you do - it's hard! - that there should be content readily available for you to do. On the other hand, I would also ask you keep in mind that it might not be the content but *you*. I don't mean this as demeaning as it sounds, but it's quite possible you're doing something wrong or have built your character incorrectly, considering myself and others have pleaded for increased difficulty. But, as I've mentioned elsewhere before, if you consider one side as having a valid argument - it's too easy! -, one should also consider the other side - it's hard!.

Therefor, tiering is still what I hope for. I think @thefabricant once even asked for the ArP bug back in a new tier of dungeons, if all else fails. We're aware of the limited time Devs have to create content for - I admit - a small group that finds it all too easy. Of course, I hope for something more elaborate than just 'more damage, more HP' when it comes to a new tier of difficulty, but one has to keep in mind the amount of time developers get.

However, when it comes to rewards, we're on the same page. It's quite rediculous that all the 'good stuff', basicly meaning any of the three artifacts - Shard of Valindra's Crown, Emblem of the Seldarine and Lostmauth's Horn - and their set pieces (cloak, belt) drop in T1, while T2 provides nothing but some seals. Risk vs. Reward is completely skewed. Of course, there's a tiny chance of one of the starter artifacts - Waters, Lantern and Aurora - but no one goes in expecting or looking for those.

Well, then there's dailies and weeklies. These have been the mainstay of Campaign progress since Dread Ring. While not as demanding for established characters, I can understand it sounds like *a lot* when you're leveling a fresh character. I can relate. I've done all the boons and campaigns on my Oathbound Paladin. If you'll allow, I'd hand you some advice: These boons are not the end-all of the game. They're there to buff your character a bit. A proper build with the right enchants are far more important than +400 to Recovery or something similar.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    urlord283 said:

If you think that's bad...

This is with my 4.2k archer HR. She has all R12's and is built for MAXIMUM survivability. She has the drowned set, elemental drowcraft armor, and a defense of 20,661, which gives her a base damage resistance of 60.2%. Oh, and she has 111k HP. She's no slouch.

This is from a Cult Prison solo run. This is every time the Prison Warden hit me:

[Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 26541 (70720) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 9449 (25177) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 7500 (19985) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 31184 (83093) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 7467 (18752) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 10078 (17921) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 14628 (26013) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 59969 (75791) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 16462 (21720) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Prison Warden deals 71197 (91168) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 8662 (23079) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 6761 (18016) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 27186 (72438) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 7750 (20650) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 26990 (71917) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 6605 (17843) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 10311 (25894) Physical Damage to you with Slam.

Okay, now this is just (blanking) stupid. This is just the boss; never mind the half-dozen adds you have to deal with at the same time. This is playing a BiS HR specifically built to take as much punishment as possible. Artifacts are all mythic level (BiS, remember?), with the primary one being a Mythic Token of Chromatic Storm. Thia is no pushover. The fight still wound up triggering the Transcendent Soulforged and I had to use a health stone charge as well.

When I say that "Mod 6 ruined the game", this is what I mean, and I feel very strongly about it. My belief is unshakable in that regard.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

urlord283 said:

This is with my 4.2k archer HR. She has all R12's and is built for MAXIMUM survivability. She has the drowned set, elemental drowcraft armor, and a defense of 20,661, which gives her a base damage resistance of 60.2%. Oh, and she has 111k HP. She's no slouch.

Okay, now this is just (blanking) stupid. This is just the boss; never mind the half-dozen adds you have to deal with at the same time. This is playing a BiS HR specifically built to take as much punishment as possible. Artifacts are all mythic level (BiS, remember?), with the primary one being a Mythic Token of Chromatic Storm. Thia is no pushover. The fight still wound up triggering the Transcendent Soulforged and I had to use a health stone charge as well.

When I say that "Mod 6 ruined the game", this is what I mean, and I feel very strongly about it. My belief is unshakable in that regard.
    Whaaaaaaaaaat? U may build hr defensively, but it should be about Deflect and LS. U r pure dps class for christ sake, u want surivability? instead of 20k defense, get 15k deflect and 5k LS... + LS boons and get to 20% LS, u will see survivability when one out of 5 hits for 50k will heal u for those 50k.

Its good they hit hard, ur main work is not to be able to take a hit after hit, whatever u do u r on tank, deflect and outheal, thats how u defend as dps such as HR.

Thats the problem, u r next mama san, hight IL, zero idea.

Oh christ.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

urlord283 said:

This is from a Cult Prison solo run. This is every time the Prison Warden hit me:

[Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 26541 (70720) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 9449 (25177) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 7500 (19985) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 31184 (83093) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 7467 (18752) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 10078 (17921) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 14628 (26013) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 59969 (75791) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 16462 (21720) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Prison Warden deals 71197 (91168) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 8662 (23079) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 6761 (18016) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 27186 (72438) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 7750 (20650) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 26990 (71917) Physical Damage to you with Swing.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 6605 (17843) Physical Damage to you with Slam.
    [Combat (Self)] Prison Warden deals 10311 (25894) Physical Damage to you with Slam.

I soloed eLoL on a 2.5k Cw. All I am going to say islearn to play your class, all you doing is making yourself look bad and not saying anything about the game.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

urlord283 said:

I soloed eLoL on a 2.5k Cw. All I am going to say is learn to play your class, all you doing is making yourself look bad and not saying anything about the game.