test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporary Probation...

Hello,

It's been 5 days now and I still have that "Temporary Probation" on my account due to the fact that I bought ZEN with my Steam Wallet.
The Customer Support cannot lift that probation and I understand that...

I want to know, how long it may take? I'm fine with 1 or 2 days, but 5... I find this unacceptable...
Any other with the same "issue" ?

Thanks,

David

Comments

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User

... I find this unacceptable...

That is beyond unacceptable, people that give money to Cryptic are now punished for it ?!?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    If you had bought directly from Cryptic you would not have any issues...but you went through a middleman (Steam) which caused a delay...so stop whining.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    The problem with this is that Valve takes their time playing the money that you paid them. Once Valve pays Cryptic the money, then your account will be off probation. Sometimes it takes 2 hours, and sometimes 2 weeks. This is why most people don't buy through Steam.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    adinosii said:

If you had bought directly from Cryptic you would not have any issues...but you went through a middleman (Steam) which caused a delay...so stop whining.

Agreed
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    And here I thought electronic transactions were supposed to stop the "The cheque is in the post" stories, only for humans, corporations can still use that story.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    zukn75 said:

And here I thought electronic transactions were supposed to stop the "The cheque is in the post" stories, only for humans, corporations can still use that story.

Valve pays the other gaming company the money owed in batches, which is the reason for the big delay.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @Kreatyve I'm not going to say anymore, other than you should at least admit the the hypocrisy of your statement, waiting for the batch is no more than waiting for the end of the week/month for the paycheck. If companies don't accept anything less than instant payment from humans why should companies get a grace?
    Companies may have more financial value, but surely a human deserves better?
  • dunlopcgi#1405 dunlopcgi Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Alright thanks everyone for the replies!
    I knew I shouldn't have bought with my Steam Wallet, but at that moment, it was my only option. Two (2) days ago, I found out that one of the Pharmacy close to my house is selling PWE pre-paid cards (10$ and 25$)... So next time, i'll use that...
    adinosii said:

Wow, take it easy man... I'm a new player and didn't know that buying with my Steam Wallet would put my account on a temporary probation... No need to be rude !

zukn75 said:

@Kreatyve I'm not going to say anymore, other than you should at least admit the the hypocrisy of your statement, waiting for the batch is no more than waiting for the end of the week/month for the paycheck. If companies don't accept anything less than instant payment from humans why should companies get a grace?

I didn't say that PWE was waiting for a batch, Valve pays in batches. For security reasons, PWE puts accounts on probation until Valve pays them that money. There was a thread about it when they started doing it that way, but it's been that way for a pretty long time.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I agree with the reasons PWE does that.

But this guy has 3 posts and joined on Dec 2015. He may just be a new player and doesnt know.

Edit: To OP. Its to help prevent scamming and fraud. To expand further, since it seems some dont use Steam or know much about it. Steam accounts, like neverwinter/archeage/hearthstone/every online game in existence, occasionly get stolen for various reasons. It's not only there to protect the company, but to protect a possible stolen account.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited January 2016
    I have used steam since its first creation. Have never had issues with it. Just be a safe user. Sometimes it's completely outta their hands (dumb/bad users). But yah 75k is alot.

Edit: Small story time.

The only time I have ever had security issues was when I was 14-15 years old and trojan viruses were all the rage. Anyone remember Sub7 and it's likes. Yah some dude convinced me he was a chick and was sending me a pic on AOL IM. Next thing I know my mouse butons are reversed, my screen is upside down, lol He was a good dude about it. We chatted later. Even though it was purely script kiddying that program. It got me more into computers and programming. Social engineering was fun back then. I used to slyly ask friends security questions, like so what was your pets first name? LOL good times. Now I am old, no time for that.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Fraud? what in the world is someone going to buy with zen that isn't some kind of digital item that can be replaced with a magic wand? lol. I suppose fraud might be an issue, but I think it is steams 30% cut that is probably more of the problem.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    twoedge1 said:

Fraud? what in the world is someone going to buy with zen that isn't some kind of digital item that can be replaced with a magic wand? lol. I suppose fraud might be an issue, but I think it is steams 30% cut that is probably more of the problem.

that is exactly it. they want to force people to pay directly to them instead of losing cut to steam but still want to have the free advertisment on steam.

But this guy has 3 posts and joined on Dec 2015. He may just be a new player and doesnt know.

Edit: To OP. Its to help prevent scamming and fraud. To expand further, since it seems some dont use Steam or know much about it. Steam accounts, like neverwinter/archeage/hearthstone/every online game in existence, occasionly get stolen for various reasons. It's not only there to protect the company, but to protect a possible stolen account.

Hi Rollingonit,

Yes I am a new user and no I wasn't aware of this Steam Temporary Probation thing ! :)
    And thanks for the tips :) I will use pre-paid cards next time! :)
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    zukn75 said:

I have recently had my fair share of disagreement about cryptic(e.g. un fair treatment of small guilds and solo players), but i have to say I cannot see how this can be cryptics fault if Valve takes there time. Remember valve is the company that have kept consumers on the line for more than a decade about the Halvelife 3 issue(They refuse to say yes we wil or no we won;t make another. They also do not wish to sell the gaming rights to other company). Valve is in my oppinion the most untrustworthy company in the gaming industry and it is no surprise that a delay might happen if you use them as a middle man.

The fact that if people buy zen Directly from Cryptic there is no problem should indicate that the problem lies elsewhere
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Hi Rollingonit,

Yes I am a new user and no I wasn't aware of this Steam Temporary Probation thing ! :)
    And thanks for the tips :) I will use pre-paid cards next time! :)
    No problem. If you mean those PWE prepaid cards and redeem through ARC or the PWE website; Yes that is the best idea. Just go through PWE directly (ARC or their website). I am not certain though if probation effects purchases afterwords even if done through PWE. You would have to ask someone that has been in that situation. Meaning using steam first -> probation period -> then attempt to go through PWE direct: I am uncertain to how that affects the purchase.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
    edited January 2016
    mynaam said:

zukn75 said:

I have recently had my fair share of disagreement about cryptic(e.g. un fair treatment of small guilds and solo players), but i have to say I cannot see how this can be cryptics fault if Valve takes there time. Remember valve is the company that have kept consumers on the line for more than a decade about the Halvelife 3 issue(They refuse to say yes we wil or no we won;t make another. They also do not wish to sell the gaming rights to other company). Valve is in my oppinion the most untrustworthy company in the gaming industry and it is no surprise that a delay might happen if you use them as a middle man.

The fact that if people buy zen Directly from Cryptic there is no problem should indicate that the problem lies elsewhere
    Uhh what.... what? Valve less trustworthy than EA and all their DLC and DRM BS. Any f2p MMO pub (PWE, TRION, ANET, MY.COM, etc etc) and all their shady practices. LOL what. Do you pay any attention to anything? You do know CS GO had some issues during the holidays with a patch, and how quickly they responded by patching the R8 revolver and keeping notice on rifle changes with actual communication. Im not a fanboy of any pub/dev, but that's a far far reach.

Edit: Unless you are that that bitter about HL3. I suppose......

Also I could have way wayyy older larger beef with Valve if I wanted. You know how long it took them to come out with TF2 from the original Teamfortress for quake1. FOREVER and it turned into a damn hat party.

We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited January 2016

mynaam said:

zukn75 said:

Uhh what.... what? Valve less trustworthy than EA and all their DLC and DRM BS. Any f2p MMO pub (PWE, TRION, ANET, MY.COM, etc etc) and all their shady practices. LOL what. Do you pay any attention to anything? You do know CS GO had some issues during the holidays with a patch, and how quickly they responded by patching the R8 revolver and keeping notice on rifle changes with actual communication. Im not a fanboy of any pub/dev, but that's a far far reach.

Edit: Unless you are that that bitter about HL3. I suppose......

Also I could have way wayyy older larger beef with Valve if I wanted. You know how long it took them to come out with TF2 from the original Teamfortress for quake1. FOREVER and it turned into a damn hat party.

I used Hl3(the only FPS i play is Halo) as an example that Valve do not always come through on their promises. I have moved all the games that i can from my steam profile. Esp. after the fiasco when confidetial information of most users was leaked (not by hacker, but by bug) to random players this december.

To my knowledge Cryptic have never shown my confidential information to other customers.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)