test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scoundrel's CC nerfed before tenacity was implemented.

setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
Poeple were complaining about scoundrel's cc when tenacity wasn't implemented, and devs nerfed it.
So it was like a double nerf to that tree. Now that tenacity affects the cc's duration. Would it be possible to boost that class giving it back how the cc was.

Comments

• Options
    jshin#7087 jshin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Im sure tenacity was already live in mod 5
  • Options
    setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Well i'm not sure, but i still think it's a good idea to give back their cc. The longest cc time is 2.5 sec, cut in half in pvp, and again affected by tenacity or some control resist bonus. The only effect that only left, looks like a small lag.
    That cc can be longer if the tr have high crit rate or hit your back for a maximum of 4 sec (cut in half in pvp = 2sec) and then again affected by tenacity etc.. another lag.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    It was funny fighting a MI Scoundrel in Dom last night, considering that I consider myself a very well seasoned scoundrel... this one needed some work.
    They were using ineffective dailies, encounters and at-wills... but kept trying to kill me. The only time I died at their hands is when I had less than 25% life and had just killed them.

A Scoundrel is about the stuns and the CC, but with the new rings you need to branch out. My Scoundrel build works VERY well in PvP, but I do not rely on my CCs.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    1. Tenacity was introduced around mod3~4, along with the CW rework. Probably the latter from IIRC. It's been around a LOT longer than you realize.

2. Scoundrel nerfs were in bad taste and thoughtless. That much is true. Been fighting against some people throughout the entire duration of mod5 and people still didn't get it. It was only with mod6 that people finally realized the real "enemy" to the game balance is (and have always been since mod5) the Sabos. That being said, the complaints were well expected.

3. Around mid-mod6~mod7, Scoundrels adapted to the change. So no biggy now -- at least, from the standpoint of mod7. I have no idea how the worthless pile of krap they've dumped on PvP in mod8 have effected the Scoundrels, tho.

Bulletpoints

■ Scoundrels relying on long-chain CCs are a thing of the past. Nowadays (at least upto mod7) Scoundrels in PvP have become more of a well-rounded and action-packed path that relies on many different strengths and unique traits available to the path, so to be a successful Scoundrel in PvP, you truly need to become proficient in all of the aspects which make TR a TR.

■ Scoundrel PvP builds don't got no broken OP chit that makes its player overly dependent on. It's not like the "throw daggers from totally safe invisibility while picking your nose until the AP fills up max every 30 secs to spam SE" krapchit the MI/Sabos do. It had the chain-CC aspect in mod5, but that's gone now. Your CCs aren't in anyway more or less significant than other builds. It's a Jack of all trades and master of none, hence requiring the player skill factor to be able to uplift the base performance to 'mastery'.

■ In other words, it's an excellent testbed for singling out which people are just nubs relying on imbalanced easymode tactics that's been screaming for balance since mod5, and which people really know how TRs work.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    ivodka7ivodka7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Would yall recommend Lostmouth or Valindra's set for this? Has any1 tried the Valindra set with this? Would like to know if its worth it before i invest alot of time ranking the set up