test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD Income Clarity Required:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
So recently I have been helping a bunch of new players out in the game and the one thing I have noticed consistently from all of them is they do not understand how you acquire AD. This got me wondering as to why that is, which lead me to realizing that it is because of the removal of quests that directly give AD. In the past, new players would do quests from 1-60, they would then get daily quests at 60 that tell them to do xyz and then they would get AD as a reward. Now, in the present system, AD is no longer linked to any quest, the system that new players becomes used to from 1-70 doesn't hold true for progressing beyond that point and due to this, something needs to be done to make it clear to new players where AD comes from. Furthermore, that random quest you get at 60 for salvaging gear... It gives you an epic item. A LOT of the stuff you salvaging since mod 6 is not epic, its rare and many new players that do understand salvaging, still assume you can't salvage blue items. There either needs to be a quest that tells them to go through a dungeon, get an item at the end and salvage it, or there needs to be a message board somewhere in the game you get told to go to that explains this clearly, as a lot of new players are struggling with AD...simply because they don't understand where it comes from.

The following is required:
Something that explains that some rare drops can be salvaged. This also needs to detail that these drops can be found in demonic heroic encounters, skirmishes and epic dungeons.

This is for the benefit of new players, its information they really need, that we as more experienced players often intuitively grasp but that if you came into this game as a new player, you may not understand or realise.

Comments

• Options
    ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    They get told about this in a quest to talk to Rhix and the game UI overlays how to refine RAD the first time you acquire it. Maybe they should've read what Rhix says in the daily quest? -And they get introduced to the salvage trader as well-.

So tell people to read quests sometimes and it won't be a problem. Instead of an obnoxious enforced tutorial that makes making alts even more annoying.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Seems like it would make a good wiki article.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Lord Neverember used to have a quest at level 60 that taught you about salvaging. I'm not sure why it got removed.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    It's ironic that you didn't note the following:

There are green items you can salvage, too.

Any artifact equipment you get that drops green, such as belts from WoD dragons, can be salvaged for 1k rough AD.
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

It's ironic that you didn't note the following:

There are green items you can salvage, too.

Any artifact equipment you get that drops green, such as belts from WoD dragons, can be salvaged for 1k rough AD.
    Which I didn't know, which kind of proves my point, that it needs to be made clearer what can and cannot be salvaged.
  • Options
    ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Maybe a slightly different item frame would help. Astral diamond icon on the corners of the frame?
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Good idea.
  • Options

Maybe a slightly different item frame would help. Astral diamond icon on the corners of the frame?

This is a very good idea and I like it :)
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Yes the whole 60-70 instruction tutorials need to be redone to the standard of the 0-20 tutorials, at the moment it's a mish-mash of outdated,irrelevant,misleading or outright missing gobbledygook.
  • Options
    bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I think the astral grind needs to be a bit easier, we have a lot of people turning to third parties for astral and items (to avoid ban) to progress, thus making the game free to try and pay to win.
  • Options
    bkt5789 said:

I think the astral grind needs to be a bit easier, we have a lot of people turning to third parties for astral and items (to avoid ban) to progress, thus making the game free to try and pay to win.

If you got your game sorted out @bkt5789 then send me a friend invite :p Still waiting to see you in game :)
  • Options
    bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    It hasn't been sorted out yet, apparently my graphics card (amd r9 200 series) is no longer compatible with the game? It seems to be a huge issue in the technical section of the forum. I've tried a few of the fixes that were mentioned but alas it didn't work. :(

I wonder what changed about the graphics card compatibility?