test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lagging zones

windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
Hi, I want to ask if anyone else is having this kind of problem with lags in zone Dread ring and icewind dale(zone with daily not main town). Every time I enter any of those two maps I am getting one hell of lags. In DR I usually need to wait at NPC for like 5 sec or more till I can actually click F and accept quest. The weird thing is that if I change channel on DR (doesn't matter on which one even with more people) then lags are gone. Yet it is almost unplayable on icewind maps since you can't change channel there..

Comments

• Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Nope, I get the same thing. DR has been horrible for over a few weeks. Probably the worst along with IWD. My guess is that it's the HE's that are going on there (no HE's in Sharandar and it's fine).
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Try doing a dragon herald in WoD and see the lag.
    I did a run with no OP prism and still rubber-banded constantly.
    I can get stuck for 10 seconds at a time, and I'm not the only one.
    Tested it on another, newer computer with better graphics and the lag was identical.
    Dread Ring is a total lost cause.
    I'm getting some noticeable lag in just about every playable area. Never seen this bad. It's like the whole game is turning into mod 6 Shores of Tuern.
  • Options
    ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Heralds of the lag means its time to leave wod for 10 mins at least. Oh you picked a low player count instance to run away from lag? FRESH RUN ON THAT INSTANCE ZERGLINGS.
  • Options

Oh you picked a low player count instance to run away from lag? FRESH RUN ON THAT INSTANCE ZERGLINGS.

windquake said:

The weird thing is that if I change channel on DR (doesn't matter on which one even with more people) then lags are gone.

Do you even read?

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    DR is horrendous and even lower pop counts do not help.. there is something wrong with that zone.
  • Options
    I replied to the person who posted before me not the main post, did you even bother reading what he wrote?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    So much for being an MMO. When people are trying to avoid others, lol.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    What worked for me was turning off my Windows Desktop Visual Enhancements. Control Panel > System > Advanced Settings > Visual Effects.

Turned 'em off DR lag dropped remakably.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    ITS BECAUSE THE BOTS LIVE IN DR NOW.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    lol, finishing up my last character...

I chose to run Sharandar in its entirety and bought the DR completion. That is how terrible the Dread Ring is, and has been for some time now.
    IWD is not as bad for me, it has its moments, but nowhere near the level of the Dread Ring.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    marhabumarhabu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    The lag has been horrible for me since SH module got out. Its been a big game changer for me, few things keeps me playing neverwinter now. If they add another module without fixing the pending problems i might consider another game honestly.
    End game players got a lack of contents and now we cant even farm our daily stuff in peace... sad :(
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    marhabu said:

The lag has been horrible for me since SH module got out. Its been a big game changer for me, few things keeps me playing neverwinter now. If they add another module without fixing the pending problems i might consider another game honestly.
    End game players got a lack of contents and now we cant even farm our daily stuff in peace... sad :(

This mod added a ton of cool items, true, most of us mortals will never run eDemo a thousand times to actually even get chance at the Legendary ring they want, my only complaint is that I am going to have holes in my collection pages as most of the stuff is RNG drops, if I get the +5 Rising Defense Ring for my tank I'll consider myself lucky.

• Options
    You can get legendary rings in throne and prophecy skirmishes too. Each results in different types of rings to drop.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Underdark was released 17th november
    I was making keys every day, that means my 1st skirmish key was done at 18th.
    10 days later I opened epic demo keys and again was making them every day
    Today it is 2.1.2016, means 47days since I started making keys.
    That is 47 skirmish and 37 epic demo keys.
    First few days I was running several skirmishes and normal demo per day.
    For every my key I was running around 1-2/per key to get better results.
    You also get loot by doing skirmish even without key.
    Result:47skirmish key + 37 epic demo key +47skirmishes normal loots where I used key + 37 epic demo normal loots where I used key +-20 skirmishes on first week +10normal demos + around 50skirmishes or epic demos that I was running for golden result = 248 (so cca 200-300 since I don't know how many bronze/silver run I had to give up on).
    So from around 250 runs where I had around minimum of 150 gold rank loots I never ever saw single +5 Ring
    +1 for RGN and LOW % loots !!!!!!!!!! <3

Edit: I did run another 8 skirmishes and 3 demos 80% gold ranking (1 +3ring rest +1 +2) <3
    Post edited by windquake on