Last Update: August 9, 2015

Quest Name: A Knight in Nature
Quest ID: NW-DA3C9R62V
Last Update: August 9, 2015

Quest Name: A Boulder in the Wind
Quest ID: NW-DBOUNUNRW
Last Update: December 26, 2015

Campaign Plans
The Campaign I am building is called Elemental War. The objective of the campaign is to restore balance between the 10 Elemental Realms. Yes I am aware that in lore there are only 4 elements but I wanted to make this more epic so I took some inspiration from an anime and increased the number of elements to 10 to add to the story.
It consists of 6 quests:
A Clash of Ice and Fire: This is the the most combat heavy of the series since it is the only one to have elementals for both sides.

A Knight in Nature: This quest features the Metal and Nature Realms. The Metal Realm is more combat heavy with a slightly complex map while the Nature Realm is a simple map with combat.

A Boulder in the WInd: This quest features the Earth and Air Realms. The Earth Realm is a large cave that will take time to travel through due to the size of the cave and the large number of encounters. This is map is the most impressive map visually so far. The Air Realm is a fight against a fleet of skyships and while it has few encounters overall, it is still long due to the travel between ships. This map is also the most technically impressive map so far. The SkyLand Realm is similar to Pirate's Skyhold with just one island that you can walk on. This quest is also the new standard for how I want to make these quests in terms of quest item use and level complexity.

A Storm at Sea: This quest features the Water and Lightning Realms. This one is going to focus on story progression and platforming since there are very few options for water or lightning elementals.

Hour of Twilight: This quest features the Light and Shadow Realms. This is the quest that shines a light on the enemies that were hiding in the shadows before you face them in the final quest.

Elemental Apocalypse: This quest will be the most varied of the quests in terms of locations. In this quest you will have to fight through small areas of all 10 Elemental Realms and fight a long boss battle afterwords.

In-Progress updated 12/26/15
A Boulder in the WInd: Complete
A Clash of Ice and Fire: Remake is in the works to bring it to the standard of A Boulder in the Wind. I intend to remove a few rooms to shorten the quest a bit.
Elemental Apacalypse: 6 mini Realms are done, shadow is in early mapping stage, boss fight is done.

As you can probably guess from the titles of some of the quests, these quest names and some of the overall plot are inspired by other far better done games, books, and shows. As such the quest giver for each quest is essentially a character from each series (or at least as close as I can get with the limitations of the Foundry Editor and my own writing ability).

A Clash of Ice and Fire: A Song of Ice and Fire and the quest giver is Jon Snow.
A Knight in Nature: Xenoblade Chronicles and the quest giver is Shulk.
A Boulder in the WInd: Avatar the Last Airbender and the quest giver is Toph.
A Storm at Sea: A Song of Ice and Fire again and the quest giver is Davos.
Hour of Twilight: World of Warcraft and the quest giver is Anduin Wyrnn
Elemental Apocalypse: This one will remain secret until release partially because I have not decided if I want to have just one quest giver or bring the other 5 back for this. However if it is just one, it will be Aang From Avatar the Last Airbender.

Final Note: I am not very good with dialog so do not expect quest dialog that sounds like something from one of the works I have mentioned above. What I am focusing on is the map design on a visual and technical level

Well that sums up the campaign plans that I have. So to all those that read this post, please play and review my Campaign and also, have fun with it.
Post edited by ferran93 on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I played with my level 70 DC. You have no technical errors and that is good for a first time foundry. The next steps I would recommend are; create more a story for your quest, shorten each map by about half, add more variety in maps and encounters, and add sound effects and/or music to your maps.

My detailed notes are below.

Introduction Text:
    -You have a very short blurb here, it would be nice to have something a little more in line with what would appear on a job listing. So something like: “Experienced adventurers needed to restore balance to the elements! You should travel to X and report to Y.”
    -You will want to name your map transition at the beginning so it is something other than the default “Go to Next Map”

Staging Ground:
    -It would be nice if Snow provided more context: obviously I’m not in the Forgotten Realms anymore if I am talking to someone from Westeros. Have I traveled to another plane where I am going to meet all these people from different worlds?

Ice Realm:
    -The objective “Ice Lord Slain” is a little odd. I would recommend you make it more active like “Slay the Ice Lord” and I think it would be helpful if you added some Reach Point or other objectives to help lead the player along.
    -this is a very long map and you have your encounters very far apart. I would recommend adding more encounters of more variety (more on that below) and then maybe putting your boss on the lower area of the 4th room. You can wall off the hallway to keep players from going further.
    -you seem to only be using 3 encounter groups that consist of Winter Wolves (dressed as hawks) and Rimefire Golems. I would recommend you add a wider variety. You can customize costumes and I bet with some creativity, for example, you could make a good White Walker costume from an undead base. You could then add Ice trolls and goblins either as themselves or with new costumes on them.
    -I was happy to see the ice goblins (dressed like hawks) as they added some variety. However the double set of Rimefire golems I would recommend you change.
    -you will want to move the respawn campfire so it isn’t floating off the ice
    -the Ice Lord costume is very interesting
    -you will want to change the map transition from something other than the default “Go to Next Map”

Fire Realm:
    -the comment about the objective for the Ice Realm also applies here.
    -the same comment about the length of the map and the need to vary the enemies also applies to this map.

Clash of Ice and Fire:
    -many of these encounters are too close together.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • ferran93ferran93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I have taken your advice and upgraded the quest. The quest now has a better introduction and I have improved the enemies, mostly by adding in the Icicle enemy for the Ice Realm. However, the lengths of the Ice Realm and the FIre Realm are still the same. There is no need to worry, the only other Elemental Realms with similar lengths will be the Earth Realm and the Aetherial Realm in Elemental Apocalypse which is the final quest so it should be long. As for the context of why Jon Snow is there, that will be explained in A Boulder in the Wind like the elemental realms are explained in A Knight in Nature.

As to the comment about the White Walkers, using them in this quest would be a waste.
    Post edited by ferran93 on
  • ferran93ferran93 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The next quest "A Boulder in the Wind" has been added to the game. It is currently the best quest in the campaign until the finale is released.