test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issues with guild chat

cryptoriscryptoris Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I know that I have addressed this in another post but this needs to have its own thread. I don't know if other big or small guilds are having this issue but my guild is. My guild has guild chat under its own tab through configure menu of the chat boxes. Now when someone post something NOT everyone can see it. So members are feeling like they are being ignored. Ill be in private chat through xbox party chat and someone will post something and like only 2-3 people in my party-chat can see it while others cannot. This has to be fixed because people are leaving my guild cause they feel like they are being ignored and this is most definitely not the case.

awesome game btw!! keep it up!

Comments

• mockroachmockroach Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still ongoing, will this be addressed in the Strongholds mod drop?
  • acathlasjmacathlasjm Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I would like this highlighted as it's a serious issue within our guild at the moment. Messages sent to guild chat seem not to be getting through. Occasionally messages are seen by some but rarely by everyone. It results in our members getting frustrated by lack of replies to their questions or being unable to arrange dungeon runs due to these issues.

Has it been acknowledged and is it being worked on?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I will tell the devs about this. Thank you.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

I will tell the devs about this. Thank you.

Appreciated as always.
    Andy, any news of a fix incoming for this or are we waiting until next Tuesday to see if the Strongholds update fixes things? Is there anything we can help with to provide more details or evidence of this?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    If someone can record a video when this happens, it would be awesome.

Andy, we took some screencaps today with some missing text, ill gather them and post back here tomorrow.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Andy, we took some screencaps today with some missing text, ill gather them and post back here tomorrow.
    I think video would probably me more helpful, but yes, please post the screencaps.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    What would a video show different?
    This is the control Screenshot where it shows all the text:
    http://imgur.com/QI6Jlm4

This is from Anima Spiritforged who also sees all the text:
    http://imgur.com/6XYXpKU

This is my screenshot where I missed a comment from Khopij:
    http://imgur.com/M5YI3GE

This is from Khopij who missed the number 1 I posted in my count:
    http://imgur.com/zZIWMAE

This appears to be more prevalent when we have a larger number of guild members on. When we have low numbers on it does not appear to be an issue (certainly not to the same scale). It does not appear to be an issue is Group chat (but of course that is restricted to 5 members at any one time).

If a video really will help I will try to organise that. It's not so easy on xbox. I don't know any other way to show you. Possibly come into our guild for a short while and see what we can do to replicate for you when you are online?
    Hi. Any update since my post over a week ago? Feel rather isolated about this issue as we are getting very little back in the way of progress (Issue was originally reported nearly 2 months ago). I take it from the difficulties that you are having trouble replicating the issue in house? Does that indicate that the issue in only present with a few guilds? Is it due to our size? (147/150 Gamertags and 301/500 Characters). Can we arrange anything to help demo this more?

I would just like assurances that it is being actively addressed and not just at the bottom of a list of things to eventually get round to.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Possible solution (may not work for everyone) - check your Xbox account privacy settings and make sure that video and chat messaging is enabled with Everyone. Thanks to @randomdigits#2166 for figuring this out.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Have had several of my guild members check this and it is set to Everyone. Not really sure, if this wasn't set this way, why it would explain the randomness of the dropped guild chat. It does appear to be the first message sent after a period of inactivity, 2nd/3rd/etc. messages sent afterwards always appear to go through. Also definitely worse when we have a larger number of members online. Just seeing no sign of it improving over the past 2 months :(
    Ok, well, as I said, it was just a possible solution. Sadly, I don't have an Xbox One myself to test it on.
    kuI2v8l.png
    We're still looking into it. If there's anymore information you can give us, that would be awesome.

You tell me what you want us to provide. Will video really help? Ill try and get something together over the next couple of days. Is there anything else we can look to supply? If we give time-stamped examples will that help?

Do you want to take me up on the offer of having someone join the guild temporarily so we can try to 'demo' this?

We're still looking into it. If there's anymore information you can give us, that would be awesome.

Is it worth my time to even continue to pursue this? Am I (and the rest of the guild) resorted to the fact that this wont ever be fixed? Another 3 weeks has past of 'looking into it' and no one has asked for more information (and actually alluded to what this information could be), asked to take up my offer of a demonstration in game, working with you to track this fault down or have we seen any sign of an update trying to fix this.

For information this is a daily occurrence and not a one-off, every now and then bug.

Really really disappointed in the communication and interaction we have been getting in relation to this bug. The impression we get is that there appears to be no interest in fixing bugs that are really impacting users of the game :(
  • urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User

The impression we get is that there appears to be no interest in fixing bugs that are really impacting users of the game :(

Agree completely.

The issues with guild chat are not just an annoyance, they are affecting our ability to coordinate guild activities because some % of the people in the guild randomly miss messages. We have all seen instances where we send a guild message and some people in our party never see it, or we see the latter half of some conversation in guild chat. This problem is very serious for a game that depends so heavily on teamwork and interaction.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    This happens to my Son's account continuously, not randomly. He gets zero guild chat messages. I checked his profile privacy settings via xbox.com and his account was set NOT to allow the Everyone option which is listed as an xbox 360 setting shown below. Mine is set to everyone and I have no issues that I am aware of. I set his to everyone also and will see if this helps. I am guessing that we might not see this setting in the one console as it was a 360 specific setting...maybe...I hope this helps someone

Communicate with voice and text (Xbox 360: Voice and Text)
    Decide who can communicate with you using voice and text. Please note: Skype uses separate contact permissions, which must be managed in Skype.
    This setting is about who you want to communicate with. To block or allow communications on a console, check the online safety settings in the other tabs.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • cheapsheets#8030 cheapsheets Member Posts: 4 New User
    Zoey Fargo is BUGGED in Black Lake. Can't enter building.
    Any chance of a progress report on a possible resolution to this issue, Over the past few months (and another module release) there has been little sign of improvement. It continues to be the one thing in game that more than anything causes us grief and complications. I've offered help many times and no one has been in touch to take me up on that offer - I assume you don't need my help so I would hope that we are close by now to identifying and resolving the issue.
    add Alliance Chat to the affected channels. I was hoping that alliances would have led to an overhaul on how the chat worked on X1 but afraid i was wrong :(
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited August 2016

add Alliance Chat to the affected channels. I was hoping that alliances would have led to an overhaul on how the chat worked on X1 but afraid i was wrong :(

Probably done this already but perhaps have ppl set their chat preferences (ingame) back to default then get them to remove any chats they do not want to see.

Disable guild chat via chat/menu options then re-enable.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
    Happy for all suggestions, but as you can imagine with an issue that was first reported back in September last year, have tried almost everything by now.