test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF Sprint, Stamina and Abrupt Stops

instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
I'm not really sure if this has been brought up before, nor do I know if this affects any of my fellow GWFs.

When my stamina runs out while sprinting, my character comes to a dead stop. In order to move again, I have to release the SHIFT and W keys, then press down W again.

As compared to the other classes I have, none of them abruptly stop when their stamina is drained. My SW stops swooshing, and continues on foot. My TR stops tumbling and continues. My CW stops teleporting and continues. My DC stops skateboarding and continues. My OP drops his shield and continues. My HR stops whatever it is HRs do and continues. My second GWF stops sprinting and, well, abruptly stops.

My second thought on stamina: my GWF can sprint from the deck in the Stronghold, all the way to the fountain. As soon as I'm in a dungeon, the distance of my sprint is cut in half.

While no, this isn't game-breaking, it is a horrible inconvenience, especially in combat. I never watch my stamina, as I'm busy with more important things like red areas or if a mob of adds spawn around one of my party's squishy characters. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've been sprinting out of a red area, just to come to a complete stop two steps before safety, and get flattened.

Is this just me? Is this WAI?

Thanks!
header.png
"...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

I'm not really sure if this has been brought up before, nor do I know if this affects any of my fellow GWFs.

When my stamina runs out while sprinting, my character comes to a dead stop. In order to move again, I have to release the SHIFT and W keys, then press down W again.

As compared to the other classes I have, none of them abruptly stop when their stamina is drained. My SW stops swooshing, and continues on foot. My TR stops tumbling and continues. My CW stops teleporting and continues. My DC stops skateboarding and continues. My OP drops his shield and continues. My HR stops whatever it is HRs do and continues. My second GWF stops sprinting and, well, abruptly stops.

I haven't noticed that on my GWF, he seems to carry on at a normal pace. Same with my HRs and SW.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

My second thought on stamina: my GWF can sprint from the deck in the Stronghold, all the way to the fountain. As soon as I'm in a dungeon, the distance of my sprint is cut in half.

While no, this isn't game-breaking, it is a horrible inconvenience, especially in combat. I never watch my stamina, as I'm busy with more important things like red areas or if a mob of adds spawn around one of my party's squishy characters. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've been sprinting out of a red area, just to come to a complete stop two steps before safety, and get flattened.

Thanks!

Havnt noticed this, but I HAVE noticed about a 1-2 second delay on any stamina regen when you spend it all. Rather silly IMO because this doesnt happen on any other class...
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Havnt noticed this, but I HAVE noticed about a 1-2 second delay on any stamina regen when you spend it all. Rather silly IMO because this doesnt happen on any other class...

u don't have to spend it it all to get delay soon u use sprint your stamina wont start to regenerate for 2secs+

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

Thanks!

I started to get similar problems as well
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    My Cadence goes to normal while holding shift. I'll need to take another look at this tonight and see if it's happening to me.

While we are on the GWF subject - How about the Unstoppable bug where if you get temporary HP from another player you cannot go Unstoppable until you remove those HP by taking dmg. That is way worse than this because in a dungeon you basically die when you cannot kick off Unstoppable.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @ayroux

Hey bud, the 1-2 second delay with Stamina also happens to SWs, super annoying.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I hadn't tracked it down as of yet, but my GWF comes to stops suddenly, much as you stated Likely the same issue. I don't think it is every time, but maybe 50/50. Sometimes he seems to continue at normal cadence.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Thanks for the input, all. I'll start keeping closer track of the stopping.

Something tells me that it only happens during combat.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    That delay on Sprint is nothing new, it's going along time now and already before M8,
    When you consume all your stamina to zero, you will have a delay of 2sec~ before it actually can start to filling up.
    We don't have a real dodge and sprint even doesn't working right, "great! <.<
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

lol. Do not forget Unstoppable being bugged. So, a lot of time we have no immunity frame at all.

I've noticed!
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    On Skirmish Boss fight happened me a lot, I cant activate unstoppable even if it is full-Bar,
    press tap and nothing happen, had this issue on demon on ice fighting too and sometimes on Demogorgon.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●