test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make changes

kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
list to make changes to

Dodge: Either make dodges balanced read every class has the same benefits (range, speed, stamine use, etc) or make it automatic with a chance to dodge, but hopefully u aint that ****

Offence dots:

Only the HIT with your weapon/encounter can be a critical, so no critical root dots or any other critical dots, or fix these critical bugs ASAP.

Crowd Control:

Stuns, dazes, slows and immobilizes cannot proc on dot hits (EX. root perma daze, but happens only if root hit is critical), Smoke bomb to only daze when in AOE. Rogue stealth, put a time limit on it and any damage inflicted while in stealth removes it. And if in combat you cannot activate any kind of stealth.

SH boons ans pet bonuses:

Lower SH boons from uber 8000 to 500, pet bonuses also from 4000 to 500. Rather make them stack if multiple people have same boon in party. Remove them altogether from PVP.

Immunity statuses and 100% offensive/defensive buffs:

U cannot have 100% DR, 100% deflect,100% immunity, you cannot be immortal at any point or be able to withstand huge damage for more than mere seconds. And magical shields should only absorb some amount of damage or give %DR and not last more than few seconds. Make toons using shields have chance% to block % ammount of damage, give them a power to raise those for a few seconds. Also give classes a chance % to parry and counter attacks.

One shots AKA "DPS": Change the whole damage deal, buff, debuff system, so every toon, mob, boss etc, is a true DPS not a one shot machine cabable of inflicting hundreds of thousands of damage with one shot. U should be able to PLAY your toon, and not just hit buttons to kill.

Make the paragon paths and feat paths viable for each class, some paths are truly not a worth to play, either balance them or make a totally new mechanic. EX. Hunter Ranger: Hunter ranger is suppose to be an hybrid archer/melee class, not pure melee not pure ranged, your mechanics push the two Archer and Combatant trees to pure nonsense, make the encounters usable by both trees, a power that just raises your archery deeming your melee encounters non-viable(Archery still has to have HAMSTER loads of recovery to make melees viable in the rotation and thus it pushes ranged encounters to have too much recovery, in pure archery path). HR's got 6 encounters, that is their speciality. And the only path that makes proper use of them ATM is only the Trapper feat tree. Hunters are experts in blades and bows, so why cant we have balanced encounter speeds in both stances with the 2 other feat trees, and stop pushing us recovery in items and gear, atm trapper is the meta and stays meta untill you fix archery and combatant.

These are just some ideas, if somebody has a better ideas ignited by these rantings of mine, then i have succeeded in posting this, TY.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    You do realize the millions upon million of AD we individually spent to get those boons right? right? I peg myself in the 3-4 million AD range if not more at this point (dozens and dozens of purple salvage, dozens and dozens of r4-5 gems , a few boxes and straight AD contribution as well.. ) its not cheap. They ALREADY marginalized SH this mod, by removing the weapons from us.. and you want to do more ? Might as well close down SH entirely.

secondly.. there are dot classes and non dot classes, you seem to want to heavily penalize dot classes, im not saying everything in game is balanced, but what you are describing would totally rip out dots effectiveness, by alot, too much in the end.

This game has a limited set of buttons, this isnt one of the 40 button power bars, they would also have to tone down mobs hps if you want to remove a 200k hit to 20k hit.. well it would TAKE forever to do one mob pack! 10 times as long.

You have some validity in your arguments, Im not going to say you do not, but it would require yet another total rework of the gaming system to do that.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    kievitz said:

Hunter ranger is suppose to be an hybrid archer/melee class, not pure melee not pure ranged, your mechanics push the two Archer and Combatant trees to pure nonsense, make the encounters usable by both trees, a power that just raises your archery deeming your melee encounters non-viable(Archery still has to have HAMSTER loads of recovery to make melees viable in the rotation and thus it pushes ranged encounters to have too much recovery, in pure archery path). HR's got 6 encounters, that is their speciality. And the only path that makes proper use of them ATM is only the Trapper feat tree. Hunters are experts in blades and bows, so why cant we have balanced encounter speeds in both stances with the 2 other feat trees, and stop pushing us recovery in items and gear, atm trapper is the meta and stays meta untill you fix archery and combatant.

People asked for range and melee focused trees for HR and in Mod 3 we got what we have now. Nothing stops you from using melee encounters as Archer or ranged encounters as Combat - I do all the time and I play both trees. Unfortunately there are ample feats in both trees that are absolute garbage and need be to reworked.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • hyakusekaihyakusekai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    kievitz said:

list to make changes to

Offence dots:

Only the HIT with your weapon/encounter can be a critical, so no critical root dots or any other critical dots, or fix these critical bugs ASAP.

Ehehe, please. Play as warlock and tell us again about your Critical DoTs idea.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User

kievitz said:

list to make changes to

Offence dots:

Ehehe, please. Play as warlock and tell us again about your Critical DoTs idea.
    Yes i know some classes wield dots as main/most damage output, im a trapper HR roots are my dots and so is CA and Gushing wound and they make my damage, but its either way, fix bugged crit procs or make dots uncrittable, it is up to the devs. Im not saying that classes should absolutely be crit nerfed because of this, things have to be fixed, one way or the other. Preferably the way that no class gets a crit "nerf" which would be insane IMO, just putting it out there :). Already got a SW on the making btw, hopefully i enjoy it :)