test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are the main things you love about Neverwinter?

I am just curious what people mostly like about the game. As for me.
1)Graphics=I like how it looks, the firefights and leafs on the air, the scenery, detail on armor,etc.
2)The companions=I can't imagine traveling without my companions.
3)Mounts=Got to love the varieties too, I prefer horses, soon unicorn majesty :)
4)Strongholds=I haven't really gotten into it but seems so interesting so far, I prefer player housing though just to display, chill and enjoy the scenery.
5)The summer festival, when I first started this game,this festival was on, I loved the scenery, music and events. It's what got me hook up initially. Wish there was more events with their own maps like this one.

So would you like to share what you like also?

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the monetary exchanges and inherent minigames presented with the exchange and AH.
    the lockboxes.
    tiamat.

I also really liked teh summer festival. looking forward to the winter festival. I like the various little diversionary games they introduce.

a lot of people hated it but my favorite aspect of the summer games was the water balloon fights.

so basically I like the variability of this game. there is a lot of same same grind but they regularly add new things that never stick around long enough to become old
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Very little any more the game was much better pre temple.
    The problem being they have removed all the dungeons.

Dungeons used to able to be completed by any group, no relies on the Holy Trinity. This is probably the biggest issue because the Holy Trinity is the worse thing about game design nowadays. Yes it worked 10 years ago but we need something different and reverting to a mechanism from a decade ago is the wrong direction
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I prefer the thought of grinding my way to the end and not paying my way so I would say the grind and making my stats better than they were. :3
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I was actually going to say something similar to fatpob. My fav things in the game have unfortunately been removed... but they should be back in the future so I`m looking forward to it if this is the case.

I loved running through lots of different dungeons and skirmishes to obtain different armour sets all with different set bonuses etc. This for me was so much fun and then helping Guild mates through the many dungeons for their armours etc.

Now its run through the same 3 dungeons but with only 1 armour as your goal in the end. The variety is what I loved and all the testing that goes with it.

But as I mentioned the dungeons etc are supposed to be re-worked and I really hope they all come back better than before but sooner rather than later.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    beat me to it!! I was just writing a similar post- so iLL ADD IT HERE:
    here is a thread about what you enjoy about NeverWinter/ the NEW content/ changes ect...
    " I have well over 1000 hrs of gameplay on Xbox and near that on PC.
    and Im sure you have seen me chime in on what I think is wrong or needs to be tweaked ingame on here.
    The Forum is full of it, and far to little said on here in a positive manner of what is enjoyable about it;
    after all- we are still here thru it all- and it shows loyalty as well as a majority of us are "mostly" happy with the game!!!
    lets here what YOU like about the content ect... and lets try to steer away from a negative comment on here
    - or chiming in on someone elses comment with a downer- unless it has a great ending! -LOL"

i like the graphics and the gameplay best... of the game
    and the comrodery of people from around the wprld getting together- to kill dragons!!!
    like the gring (somewhat) and love strongholds...
    -events are the bomb!!! most of them are great- we could use a few more too... "hint"
    boss fight mechanics- theres alot to love here...
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    The dye packs, has to be the dye packs for me :p
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    For me is the players in my guild. Awesome people and gamers.

The grind for the gear. I really enjoy loot based games, rpg, and multilayer. This game has all of these combined.

Last off, lock boxes! I'm straight addicted to lock boxes.
  • Options
    xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I like the building process. I like the dungeons we have but agreed with the above.... I miss the days of making ad in abundance on a diverse set of dungeon runs and various set of drops. (Yes i know it can be made but you should not have to be a marketing guru).

I like dye packs as well (someone get me pure white)

I like my current guild (they are a laid back no pressure type group)

I like watching new players develop (nothing brings me more joy to watch that light bulb go off when they figure things out)

I like freebies. (once in a while they have just give aways and you get to hit that claim agent).

I like companions (need more healers)

Off topic: One thing I read in a post was they wanted to get more ad in the economy. Reduced the price on a lot of things. Why do you still charge a 10% house cut in the trade house when the ad just disappears? Just a thought.

Tc and have fun
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I like the social aspect with a group of guys just getting things done whilst having a laugh in chat.

I used to like pvp.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    lordknightx11lordknightx11 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Also first time playing the winter festival and I already love it. I hope they add more places like this and the summer festival in the future.
  • Options
    spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I've always liked NW, from the earliest PC incarnation. There's something very enticing about the graphics and game mechanics. I enjoy that I can play and progress my characters at the pace and to some degree also quest sequence that I like. The rewards are worth the grind more often than not and then there are all the freebies throughout the year, the myriad of events and companions...There's just so much to explore and try out.

I absolutely love the way the game handles a character's death. It means I don't have to worry about saving in a timely manner or worry about trying to solo a difficult dungeon, since most monsters won't respawn -- I can happily hack away, one death at a time.

Finally, I enjoy and appreciate the ongoing updates to the content and the way the game makers listen and respond to the community.

Happy holidays all!
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

The emphasis on fantasy and fantastical elements over political correctness. Not one of my female characters look like "the girl next door" or someone the average female could relate to cosmetically.

I don't ever picture a fantasy heroine with a muffin top, flat chest and cellulite. I don't think women ever imagine a fantasy hero with acne, a beer gut and thin hair. It's absolutely AWESOME to actually play as a character that's way beyond typical when I want to "hurt people and break stuff".

The feeling that comes with holidays like Halloween, Christmas and April fools is also a most welcomed thing.

I've been critical of PW for many things, however, they definitely hit a home run in the aforementioned.

I tried out that new game coming out next year called Arc... You should see the size of the bazooka's you can make on the females there... It's great ha ha :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    residentgearhedresidentgearhed Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Out DPS ing Higher Item level\Geared players, VIP Rank 12 and that stupid roar you hear when you kill an Ogre. Luv it.
  • Options
    I got to say that I also like the lore you find around about the world, places, companions, etc. It keeps the world interesting.
  • Options
    zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I use to love a lot about this game but now its a like hate relationship. I like the amount of content in the game but I hate the fast rate at which it comes. I like the music but hate when it skips like a broken record because of poor performance. I liked the amount of end game content (lvl 60 pre EE), but hate the lack of end game content now (lvl 70). I use to like PVP but now I hate it because of how unbalanced matchmaking is. Yes level and world design are awesome but its hard to admire the scenery in a level with lots of events taking place causing all the frame rate issues. I loved grinding for refinement and gear to better my character or to sell, but now the NW government is punishing grinding players like me because of PC bots or that because we could grind enough to not spend real cash. Now refinement and sellable pick ups are rare and limited. The game just isnt as fun and rewarding as it once was.............There is only one thing I still love about this game, the events. At least they still reward us with 2x events and seasonal content, I always apreciate some 2x RP.
  • Options
    I also like how you can get on top of building and such sometimes, like in both the summer and winter festival and some places in protector enclave, I like climbing places lol and enjoying the view up high. I have climb to the top of the telescope in the winter festival and it's a nice view. I dislike it when areas like that get blocked up by invisible walls.
  • Options
    I am not really a fan of grinding such as repeating dungeons but I like leveling up by doing the story quest, events, etc. I usually wait for the double experience lol
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Watching New guild members mold into our family. We bring in a lot of new to end game players and it is rewarding for us to share past successes and mistakes to further knowledge and prevent strayed paths. I like how strongholds has given the title of GUILD a purpose now. SH requires the many and not the few to succeed through careful planning, strategizing and like mindedness. We are basically pouring all our time and energy into seeing this mod be a guild wide success. Just thankful we have had the chance to meet many new adventurers on the way.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS