test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So is movement completely worthless?

I have movement on my until slots assuming it makes more sense than XP or Gold gains. My movement is over 1,000 and people with 0-300 movement run just as fast as me if not faster. And no, they're not using their special abilities when they run past me either!

What's going on here fellow Adventurers?!

Comments

• bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    If movement is like other stats, it takes 400 to make 1%. So at 1000 movement, that would only be 2.5% faster. I highly doubt you would notice much of a difference tbh... I would think it would be more beneficial to have different enchants slotted that give you something in return... like fey or hoard enchants... I guess it all depends on your play style and what your goal is at the time. If you need xp, then slot xp, if you need gold, then slot gold, etc... Everyone needs refinement items, so these are usually preferred in utility slots...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• dkrue84#4876 dkrue84 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Yeah I was looking into swapping it over to a fey or hoard enchant, good call.
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    1) certain races are simply faster than others to start with (think stubby little dwarf legs (me) vs a long limbed elf)
    2) YES the speed increase matters*

*at least to me, as a melee class, getting out of the red rings was a lot easier when I had movement enchants in utilities vs the DH enchants I have now.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    You're not taking into account people's Personal Class Feature powers and etc that give them more run speed. If you PVP then you better be using Darks.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    In dungeons recently, I've noticed I have to slow down a lot when going between rooms because I was out running my group. I'm a wood elf, so I assume I'm naturally faster by class. What I'm confused about is the Giant Guilded Spider (80 % speed) is constantly out running my Medium Tiger (80 % speed) like a Nascar speeder against a punch buggy.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I actually notice movement on my HR a fair bit, I allocate 1 Utility Rune slot to Movement which does not really make much difference. But I levelled up a Shop Keeper Artefact to Orange which gives 500 movement... together I can see the difference and it actually helps a great deal for zipping around the enemies faster :)

Movement gets buffed a lot by certain powers (for the HR I know we have a couple of things which really increase movement) so I think its worth having a bit in there.

We get so many Utility Slots you can have 2 Dragon Hoard Enchants, a Fey Blessing, a Tymora's Lucky Enchantment and a Salvager`s Enchantment. Or you can swap out one of the Dragon Hoard Enchantments for a Dark Rune for extra movement. All these Enchantments drop items fairly consistently at 3% each :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I filled all the utility slots with hoard stones but prior to the change I was faster with my HR. With 17K power, the decision was not difficult to scrub the Darks, but it does depend on your situation... need speed or not is the question.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    My Pally Dwarf runs behind the group like a crying 2 yr old wanting to be picked up. It's ok though, I know they are going to wait for me before going into the next fight :wink:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

In dungeons recently, I've noticed I have to slow down a lot when going between rooms because I was out running my group. I'm a wood elf, so I assume I'm naturally faster by class. What I'm confused about is the Giant Guilded Spider (80 % speed) is constantly out running my Medium Tiger (80 % speed) like a Nascar speeder against a punch buggy.

Are you sure it is not a heavy giant spider? Those are 110%.

zephyriah said:

Maybe. I don't see them in the Zen Marketplace though. Were they discontinued?
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

zephyriah said:

The 110% Spider comes from one of the Zen booster Packs so you can use it on every character, I do not remember off the top of my head which pack.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    wdj40 said:

zephyriah said:

The 110% Spider comes from one of the Zen booster Packs so you can use it on every character, I do not remember off the top of my head which pack.
    Okay. I understand it no. Thanks.
  • lailastarkiss#1294 lailastarkiss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I think with all rank 12 dark enchantments in your utility you would gain 10% movement, noticeable sure, realistic? NO lol

I think with all rank 12 dark enchantments in your utility you would gain 10% movement, noticeable sure, realistic? NO lol

With any Rank on it's very noticeable. Maybe not if you're just running around by yourself but if you run next to someone with the same setup without darks then you will see just how much of a difference it is. That goes for any two people of the same class.
  • hanothhanoth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    null

Not realistic? There are several 4k guys in my Guild who run straight rank 12's in Ult's for PvP.
    Now that I have my Lionsmane I am keeping my old burning with Hoards for PvE and I'm using my Lions with R11 Darks for PvP.

Movement is king in Dom as in the premade circuit its more about rotating than killing opponents.

Side note I'm in Denial and the 4k'ers I mentioned are Titanius and The Stain.
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Movement has a lot to do with your class. I have one of each and my GF is the slowest, CWs and pallys are slow as well. So if you have darks on those it is very possible for faster classes like TRs and HRs to still be faster than you without having any darks.
    Or you can be Gannicus and run like a Ferrari. lol
  • steven#0938 steven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Pre made dom is probably the most boring game mode. I stopped pvp because it's so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> boring.
  • residentgearhedresidentgearhed Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Just temporarily unequip the Equipment that has the Movement utility. Then see how fast you are. If don't see a major difference, get rid of it.