test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Action point gain with critical hit question

kamenolonkamenolon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hi,

I'm a DC with ap-gain, I want to know when I strike a critical hit with a encounter (bastion of health, devine glow, etc...), will I gain more AP because of critical hit?
and if I strike a party member with critical hit encounter that grants them AP from me, will they have increased AP because of it?

Comments

• kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    kamenolon said:

Hi,

I'm a DC with ap-gain, I want to know when I strike a critical hit with a encounter (bastion of health, devine glow, etc...), will I gain more AP because of critical hit?
    and if I strike a party member with critical hit encounter that grants them AP from me, will they have increased AP because of it?

No, you won't.
    All of your powers have they own flat amount of AP you get from casting them.
    As a DC you gain AP by:
    1. Main AP source: healing encounters in normal/empowered modes (small AP from divine mode): the more allies you heal the more AP you gain but the amount of heals does not matter (0 HP heal has the same AP gain as 200k HP heal). You can also gain AP off-combat just by casting your healing encounters in normal mode: DG/BoH/HW (even if you don't hit anyone w/ them)
    2. Hit enemies w/ damage encounters/at-wills. Most AP gain is provided by Chains b/c it grants you the same amount of AP in Divine mode as in normal/empowered mode.

No, they won't.
    Gift of Haste grants a flat 5% AP for your allies on HoT powers. Crit has no effect.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    If you have the right Virtuous feats (Gift of Haste, Cleansing Fire, Shield of the Divine, etc) you can also gain/grant AP by spamming the divine mode version of encounters like Divine Glow.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • kamenolonkamenolon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    thanks for the answers, this solved all.