test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's the point of Grazilaxx when we're restricted by the 400 weekly Ichor cap

cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
Seems to me the companion is only useful for players with limited play time and need that extra boost to earn their 400 Ichors weekly.

Many active players hit the 400 cap within 1-2 days after weekly reset...

I fail to see the point in getting this companion or am I missing something here?

Comments

• Options

The bundle comes with the Dusk Gloves, you want the gloves, buy the pet.

LOL the bundle should be renamed "Dusk Glove Bundle", oh btw, you get this worthless pet on the side :D
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i dont see benifits of having that pet, since we have capped numbers per week, too easy to get.
    i need my pet that do more damages instead of raking in some limited token per week.

what i wanted the most, we need more access to "Companion Upgrade Tokens", these xp books are filling up unneeded and not often sells on auction house.
  • Options

The cap needs to be removed. We have way too much time-gating already. I do not think the companion is worth a companion slot. It needs a damage active along with the current active.

+1

wait...

+10

hell...

+100!
  • Options
    wylonus said:

i dont see benifits of having that pet, since we have capped numbers per week, too easy to get.

My sentiments alike... the design is flawed.

• Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    The only thing I can think of is it helps players who don't have time to play much.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Which would you rather do
    • Spend 10 hours over the week getting your ichor.
    • Spend 5 hours over the week getting your ichor.
    Faster ichor acquisition means less time spent on the content and more time spent having a life or doing other content (pick 1). Only, of course, if you aren't endlessly farming demonic HE's or something for the salvageable rings, and you hit your ichor caps long before you finish hitting your refining caps. In which case getting to your ichor cap faster just means you get to experience more error message spam for the rest of the week.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User

The cap needs to be removed. We have way too much time-gating already. I do not think the companion is worth a companion slot. It needs a damage active along with the current active.

If they remove the cap then people will runout of content on 1 day, after all they only added 3 skirmish. One of those skirmish is a 10 people skirmish that have an epic version with almost same price and almost same difficulty than the non-epic, but all 3 are just a one room skirmish. If they dont add time-gated tasks and weekly-gated limits to currency any hardcore player will finnish everything in 1 day or 2 if he want to take it slowly to have time to enjoy.

• Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    I have one and can't hear what he's saying. I can hear all my other companions clearly.

Does anyone know what his lines are?
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    They need to sell pets to make money. Thank you for buying one!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Faster ichor acquisition means less time spent on the content and more time spent having a life or doing other content (pick 1). Only, of course, if you aren't endlessly farming demonic HE's or something for the salvageable rings, and you hit your ichor caps long before you finish hitting your refining caps. In which case getting to your ichor cap faster just means you get to experience more error message spam for the rest of the week.
    If you just did whatever gets you an ichor cache each day you're already going to get 350 ichor for ~5-20 minutes a day. All the pet would do is get you the remaining fifty which would take ~ another 20-30 minutes in total. Even if you just ground it all by doing HEs it would still at most take three hours.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    aeonnettetwo#2746 aeonnettetwo Member Posts: 9 Arc User

+100!

*crab hunting flashbacks*

And, yes, this one is quite useful to those of us who have little interest in grinding some more.
  • Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Actually the bonus is useful for those of us running multiple alts through the campaign. I run 4 characters through HEs daily in IWD. 4 HEs and some BI caps all 4 on ichor by the end of the week while allowing me to progress both campaigns and play other content like SH and dungeons on my main. My alts are mainly to fill gaps in teams, so it is nice being able to get the boons on them and gear them up with the ichor.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    urabask said:

If you just did whatever gets you an ichor cache each day you're already going to get 350 ichor for ~5-20 minutes a day. All the pet would do is get you the remaining fifty which would take ~ another 20-30 minutes in total. Even if you just ground it all by doing HEs it would still at most take three hours.

280, not 350, and good luck getting those caches when they change randomly and are frequently blank. All of the caches I've gotten have been by random chance: the task says throne, but I do an HE, and suddenly BAM cache out of nowhere (and suddenly this is listed as the daily task), then I log in on another char and do an HE and suddenly BAM no cache at all (the task has changed, almost certainly to being blank).
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

urabask said:

280, not 350, and good luck getting those caches when they change randomly and are frequently blank. All of the caches I've gotten have been by random chance: the task says throne, but I do an HE, and suddenly BAM cache out of nowhere (and suddenly this is listed as the daily task), then I log in on another char and do an HE and suddenly BAM no cache at all (the task has changed, almost certainly to being blank).
    You get 10 Ichor from doing an HE, Skirmish or Demo. So 10*7+280= 350.

I've gotten the caches pretty consistently.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Based on the mind numbing "repetitive tasks" design progression I've been seeing in the last couple modules... seriously considering spending more time having a life and spending more of my ZEN budget at the bar again. Good advice.
  • Options
    urabask said:

Overloads give 2 ichor, mind you, and it's entirely possible that the first HE you wander into is an overload. Otherwise, sure.

• Options
    zibadawa said:

urabask said:

Overloads give 2 ichor, mind you, and it's entirely possible that the first HE you wander into is an overload. Otherwise, sure.

If you go on WoD and spam in chat for an invite for HEs you will find a group of 9+ people running HEs.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I don't play that much and hit the weekly cap by Thursday.
    I thought about getting the pet during the 50% off sale, but what's the point?
    They nerfed the very reason for having it. Fail sale.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yeah, i got a coupon earlier today, it didnt give me 50% off, still cost 1,700 zen, BOOOOO go for the devs' eyes.
  • Options
    urabask said:

zibadawa said:

urabask said:

If you go on WoD and spam in chat for an invite for HEs you will find a group of 9+ people running HEs.
    And the first one you get to may be an overload, just as I said. Or do you plan to just twiddle your thumbs and waste time waiting for a non-overload?
  • Options
    cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

And the first one you get to may be an overload, just as I said. Or do you plan to just twiddle your thumbs and waste time waiting for a non-overload?

An Overload in Well of Dragons takes about 2 minutes, maybe less, with a group, and the next Demonic Heroic Encounter pops up immediately.