test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What weapons should a new lvl 70 TR go for?

stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
edited November 2015 in The Thieves' Den
I haven't got the artifact weapon from doing the heroic events (collecting motes) in Spinward yet. Looked at all the artifact weapon rewards and none boost the at wills I always use, duelist flurry and cloud of steel. Feeling a bit left out. What weapon do you recommend a new lvl 70 Executioner go for? Still the spinward artifact weapon? Can you get all of them or just one btw?

Ps. I already got the off hand artifact weapon from doing the story line quest I think it was.

Btw. Did they make the spinward artifact quest doable at lvl 70 now without the prerequisite grind quests? I haven't completed them, but was able to pick up an artifact weapon quest (3 or 4 of them actually) when the patch went live. Or is this a different quest?
Post edited by stabbath on

Comments

• Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    stabbath said:

Looked at all the artifact weapon rewards and none boost the at wills I always use, duelist flurry and cloud of steel. Feeling a bit left out. What weapon do you recommend a new lvl 70 Executioner go for? Still the spinward artifact weapon? Can you get all of them or just one btw?

You can change the class-feature on any artifact weapon. Right click it, select Manage Artifact Powers, click Change Class Feature, and then click Unlock Random. It costs 4 cube of augmentation which are in the wondrous bazaar for 9.3K AD each.
    It is a random unlock so it may tack several tries to get the class-feature you desire.

If you do enough dungeons and demonic HE's everyday it should give you lots of rings you can salvage for AD to pay for the Cubes you'll need.

As far as those artifact weapons, if you mean the new mod8 elemental ones, you can go for water, earth, fire or air. I think most players go for either Fire or Water. Hardly anyone goes for Air, so it might be difficult or impossible to get the 100 Air Motes from Spinward Rise (unless things have changed). Perhaps go for Water or Fire since more players should be doing those.

If you have 2500+ total item level you should farm Greater Demogorgon skirmishes until you have 40 Twisted Ichor, and farm Demonic HE's and Throne of the Dwarven Gods or Prophesy of Madness skirmishes for the 1600 Demonic Ichor.

IMO the Twisted Weapons are better than those elemental ones for a TR.
  • Options
    Got my artifact weapon last week. Got the water one from Drowned Shore. JUst learned about changing the traits. Was disappointed you had to spend ad to do so.

Think my item level is 2.2k. I have two green rings still because all the blues I've came across aren't better imo. They give like 1600 hp instead of crit, power, or ap which I rather have.

Where are these demonic HE's?

Where do I spend demonic ichor at?

Where and how do you get twisted weapons? Thanks.
  • Options
    stabbath said:

Demonic HE's are in the Mod zones: IWD, WoD, Sharandar, and Dread Ring. There is a daily quest to complete three of them in each of these zones. The Ichor is spent to buy those weapons and the new armor set. You can see the weapons and armor by opening the campaign window for Underdark and to the left there is an Underdark Store button. I think the menu choices also explain about Ichor and such.

You should go to Protectors Enclave and talk to the NPC that starts the Underdark quests. Do all those quests and it opens up a new mini-map zone called Mantol-Derith. The actual NPC's that sell this stuff are in that zone, and so is the non-epic Demogorgon fight.

• Options
    kurtb88 said:

stabbath said:

Demonic HE's are in the Mod zones: IWD, WoD, Sharandar, and Dread Ring. There is a daily quest to complete three of them in each of these zones. The Ichor is spent to buy those weapons and the new armor set. You can see the weapons and armor by opening the campaign window for Underdark and to the left there is an Underdark Store button. I think the menu choices also explain about Ichor and such.

You should go to Protectors Enclave and talk to the NPC that starts the Underdark quests. Do all those quests and it opens up a new mini-map zone called Mantol-Derith. The actual NPC's that sell this stuff are in that zone, and so is the non-epic Demogorgon fight.

Sharandar? Hmm. Thought I had everything unlocked there. Haven't messed with IWD much, lost interest in pvp (was real into it when game first came out). I left game after refinement came to be and I got h a c k ed really bad. Just got back into game bout 2 and a half months ago I guess it's been. That see stealth ring makes me want to pvp even less.. WoD is too hard. Dread ring is a pain, but I can manage it by drinking LOTs of potions. Looked at my item level earlier btw, it's 2018. Not 2200 like I said before. I was wrong.

I started the new Underdark quests the other day. I'm on chapter 4 I think. Or the 4rth part. The rewards seemed lacking, so I been favoring skirmishes and Sharandar. I'll stick to those new quests. Thanks for mentioning them. You've been a great help.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    No idea what happened above and why there is sort of a double post. Won't let me delete it either...
  • Options
    stabbath said:

kurtb88 said:

stabbath said:

Sharandar? Hmm. Thought I had everything unlocked there.
    Maybe they don't unlock until you complete the Underdark quests.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    kurtb88 said:

stabbath said:

Looked at all the artifact weapon rewards and none boost the at wills I always use, duelist flurry and cloud of steel. Feeling a bit left out. What weapon do you recommend a new lvl 70 Executioner go for? Still the spinward artifact weapon? Can you get all of them or just one btw?

You can change the class-feature on any artifact weapon. Right click it, select Manage Artifact Powers, click Change Class Feature, and then click Unlock Random. It costs 4 cube of augmentation which are in the wondrous bazaar for 9.3K AD each.
    It is a random unlock so it may tack several tries to get the class-feature you desire.

If you do enough dungeons and demonic HE's everyday it should give you lots of rings you can salvage for AD to pay for the Cubes you'll need.

As far as those artifact weapons, if you mean the new mod8 elemental ones, you can go for water, earth, fire or air. I think most players go for either Fire or Water. Hardly anyone goes for Air, so it might be difficult or impossible to get the 100 Air Motes from Spinward Rise (unless things have changed). Perhaps go for Water or Fire since more players should be doing those.

If you have 2500+ total item level you should farm Greater Demogorgon skirmishes until you have 40 Twisted Ichor, and farm Demonic HE's and Throne of the Dwarven Gods or Prophesy of Madness skirmishes for the 1600 Demonic Ichor.

IMO the Twisted Weapons are better than those elemental ones for a TR.
    9375 AD per cube is with rank 12 VIP. It's 12500 without any VIP discounts.

Also worth mentioning that Ensorcelled Muhlorand weapons only have one less base damage than any of the new artifact weapons at epic on TR. So if you're having trouble getting the RP for them you can pick up an ensorcelled muhlorand set for ~30k AD.
    I8r4ux9.jpg