test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How far can I go playing solo ???

jeffro#4129 jeffro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Been playing for one month and have gotten my Gaurdian Fighter to lvl 66. I'm new to this type of gaming and the vocabulary that goes with it. Also have taken a while to learn the game itself. Looked into guilds, but am paranoid I will end up with a bunch of 12 year olds so am hesitant to join any. So my question is how far can I go playing solo and any advice would be helpful also.

Comments

• quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    i made it solo till lvl 63 and then got bogged down doing vigilance tasks in the higher up areas. i was being a bit stubborn as i wanted to complete the "story" in order and was getting down because vigilance tasks is just a grind to get thru.

i joined a guild by chance and with just one other person it changed the game for me. now i have gone back and respecked my character to a build i found on youtube and my character is great. now i can solo areas, but it is more fun with the guildies. if i had not had some help back then i dont know if i would have kept on playing. just being honest.

my advice is you can go all the way thru most of the content without a guild. but if you ever went to go thru epic dundgons tier 2 for the really good gear, you can go thru ti with randoms and may get lucky, but a guild will really help.
    if you have a great build, you don't really need a guild. but they will want you ; )

hope that helps a bit, happy gaming!!!

• ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I played my rogue all the way through to lvl 70 solo and managed to play through the Sharandar campaign solo (wasn't very easy) but it is satisfying to do. My guild (Casual Gamers) is still recruiting (mostly adults as far as I can tell, I'm only in member status right now) and does help each other for numerous things. Different classes are difficult to determine how far a soloist can get, but with patience and effort, anyone can solo almost any campaign or story in the game. As for advice, I can't offer any for a GF. Sorry for that.
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Depending on the class the entire game can be done solo other than the Epic dungeons and skirmishes.
    The thing is though, being an MMO, you miss out on a lot of the experience MMOs have to offer by doing so.
    I too am in Casual Gamers and tbh, the only reason I joined was to fill that gap I was missing by being solo all the time.
  • ultimatebladerv1ultimatebladerv1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    bagoat said:

Depending on the class the entire game can be done solo other than the Epic dungeons and skirmishes.

The thing is though, being an MMO, you miss out on a lot of the experience MMOs have to offer by doing so.

I too am in Casual Gamers and tbh, the only reason I joined was to fill that gap I was missing by being solo all the time.

Ditto.
  • dukesirashidukesirashi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Same here, I ran solo GF through all the 70 th level content. Having only played rpgs my whole life I was reticent to do anything but pick up groups (pugs) as MMO was still a mystery to me. Once you get to 70 though a guild is the way to go. I joined The Dark Brotherhood and have really enjoyed the experience. Now I have new friends and am having a great time. Maybe I just got lucky finding a guild with awesome people but if you end up in a guild you don't like you can always quit and go join another. Good luck!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    another "casual gamer" here (I am definitely long long long past teen years LOL) I basically almost completed all the campaigns and got to 70 and got decent gear entirely solo. you can go as far as you want pretty much until you decide you want to experience strongholds. Although, I did often grab randoms off the map i was on to help with lairs and what not. It was only very recently that I could say it was easy to solo the dread ring lairs alone. but people hang out at the gate waiting for other people who are doing it right then and people seem to do that if they are in a guild or not. it's up to you if you join a guild or not. it won't hurt your game play. that said guilds are the best way to make friends in a game and that will definitely enhance your playing experience.
  • jeffro#4129 jeffro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    just wanted to thank everybody for their responses.. After reading all this I realized it doesn't make sense to play an MMO and spend the whole time being antisocial and not grouping or joining a guild. That being said I will start the process of finding a "mature" guild. Also going to start looking into how my character is built. It never occurred to me to do that.. Again thanks to all for the great advice.
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2015

just wanted to thank everybody for their responses.. After reading all this I realized it doesn't make sense to play an MMO and spend the whole time being antisocial and not grouping or joining a guild. That being said I will start the process of finding a "mature" guild. Also going to start looking into how my character is built. It never occurred to me to do that.. Again thanks to all for the great advice.

Happy to help.

looks like casual gamers is really gunning for you : P
    (meant as fun, not to antagonize all guilds rule!!!)
    i hope you find a guild you like, good luck, and have fun!!!!
  • nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Casual Gamers ftw! We are gamers that do so casually, and have an awesome time doing so.
    edited December 2015
    I joined them and I think I left the guild without realizing it. Or I got booted. All I know I was messing around with the guild stuff and got booted from server and that was last I saw of them. I know it sounds stupid but I need to ask for a another invite cause all I've read about them sounds like it's a great group of people.
    Yea go to that page and put your GT, or message random digits
    Just left comment on that page.
    Official member of Casual Gamers B)
    B) Thumbs up!
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Another soloist Casual Gamer here. I still solo most of the campaigns, to pick up loot and tinker with things at my own pace, but some content is definitely worth doing with guildies. Like dragonflight and campaign lairs, or heroic encounters. See you out there.
  • hanothhanoth Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I cant think of any single PvE area, instance or dungeon that cant be done solo or if not exactly solo then with randoms who are communicating. PvP on the other hand is different. If you try to play Dom without using teamwork then your going to have a bad time. There are too many uneducated players who dont understand the mechanics and playing on your own can become frustrating.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @jeffro9000 how about an update in how you find the game now you've joined an established guild? I'm sure many newer players find themselves in a similar position.

Personally I played for 6 months mostly solo before trying out a few guilds. Finding one that offers what you're looking for can be a task by itself.

Having a regular group to run dungeons with has helped me a lot, it also gives more motivation for gearing up faster.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox