test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gwf Vicious advantage or powerful challenge?

carmykahcarmykah Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Been testing this theory.. Just wanted some opinions

Comments

• Options
    beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    I went straight Destroyer build. Why would you go Instigator?
  • Options
    Extra dmg boost is big
  • Options
    Yea, but I have personally never seen an Instigator out DPS a Destroyer. But none of this answers your question. So hopefully someone else will know, but I don't know if there are too many GWF players who specd into Instigator.
  • Options
    I am full destroyer... But only 10 points in instigator for powerful challenge
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Definitely powerful challenge; you should always enter combat by marking your targets, and it's a 15% buff.
  • Options
    My thing is with vicious advantage u get 5% dmg and 5% crit chance with combat advantage... Or do I go with 15% marked targets
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I have a 2k gwf Destroyer with powerful challenge AND student of the sword, but I haven't been able to compare with a vicious advantage one that I know of and I'm afraid to respecc just for that, so, I couldn't really tell you which one is better. Add me if you want, we could compare, my GT is: L0c0mar
  • Options
    I'm a 2900 gwf I'm no amateur just trying to get some opinions
  • Options
    Do you mark targets with Daring Shout?
  • Options
    All the time I open with Ds
  • Options
    Then I suggest powerful challenge; I don't see how Advantage could compare to it.
  • Options
    So 1 for PC and 1 for VA
  • Options
    cobrasnipe32cobrasnipe32 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It's all in your play style IMO. I used to be spec's with powerful challenge, but switch to VA and instead of opening with DS, I open with hidden daggers for a 40% damage buff off the start plus mediocre damage from the encounter itself. Powerful challenge might be a better option for you if your having trouble staying alive, as its a 2 for 1 with daring shout with the added damage reduction to enemies. I didn't like the cool down and summon my earth archon if I need tanking abilities.
  • Options
    Ty any others?
  • Options
    I open with DS, throw Daggers, Unstoppable, WMS, DS, Daggers, SS, IBS, Unstoppable, WMS........etc
  • Options
    Any1 else got a opinion?
  • Options
    rubilotusrubilotus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It really is based on your play style, but according to the guides I've found useful, (Lia and Lazalia), if you do pick VA you'll have to respecc to PC anyway because once you hit 100% crit chance you'll be over the limit and the excess will become a waste. If anything, we can link up and do some testing. ^~^
  • Options
    nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    When do you use WMS and when do you use SS? I typically only use WMS when in Unstoppable. And SS is used between my encounters to get AP/Unstoppable up.
  • Options
    I use one wms before spamming ss or before ibs or if a big crowd
  • Options
    nwbeast#4980 nwbeast Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    See I just figured it is so slow that the only viable time to use it is when in Unstoppable. So I literally never use it outside of Unstoppable. I only use encounters and SS.
  • Options
    It is best to use wms when unstoppable but sometimes your not unstoppable and its best to use that on one of your first strikes
  • Options

See I just figured it is so slow that the only viable time to use it is when in Unstoppable. So I literally never use it outside of Unstoppable. I only use encounters and SS.

That's weird; I use WMS when running into a pack of mobs and it works just fine. Mark, daggers, and then WMS gives 'em all the love.
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I've been playing with powerful challenge and vicious advantage for a long time. My gwf over 3k IL and have respected to try both VA and PC and can say VA is really good and more fun to play if you take out 1 point from staying power (4/5) and put that 1 extra point in Flanking manuevers ;p
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨