test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Farming Motes - New Item Wand

tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
For 45 bars you can buy a Wand with 4 charges (that lasts 30m each) to get motes from the lesser HEs. 45 bars is roughly 3-6 Lockboxes or 375-750 Zen (Keep that in mind when reading below.)

This sounds great! I'm a 3.6K OP and can bust out some HEs like nobody's business! I'm gonna buy me one of these Wands!

Wait!!!! Where are all the HEs!?!? Oh yeah they are being heavily farmed by 300 other people like me and the HE timers have not been adjusted and items are being sold to basically allow us to get motes from regular HEs in the zone but guess what!! There aren't ANY! They are all farmed before you can even run there someone already finished it.

Problems:

1) Merchant in Distress is broken in Drowned Shore so you dont get a reward for completing it.
2) Since the HEs are so heavily farmed now 30 minutes maybe gets you around 3-4 HEs if lucky. Since any instance of the zone has maybe ONE available HE.
3) The spawn times need to be adjusted based on the level of farming going on for these HEs. If you are going to require 100 motes and then sell items to give motes from HEs then there should be some HEs to even farm in the first place!

Expand the above to using 4 charges and you basically spent 375-750 ZEN for 12 motes....

Maybe things are better in the other zones but I feel it's a scam (in Drowned Shore at least) with broken HEs to buy any Wands.

I don't mind a grind but I do mind when I spend my $ and get things as a result that end up being less than advertised due to the way it was rolled out.

If you build it (Requiring farming 100 motes) they will come (basically us farming HEs)

Please fix "Merchant in Distress"
Please "either" up the length of time each wand gives for a buff "OR" decrease the spawn time on the normal 3 player HEs in the areas.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015

For 45 bars you can buy a Wand with 4 charges (that lasts 30m each) to get motes from the lesser HEs. 45 bars is roughly 3-6 Lockboxes or 375-750 Zen
    +
    Longer spawn times on the most important HEs
    =
    Obvious money making thing. It's not rocket science. You're asking for the exact opposite of what they have done to "improve" things.
    +
    Wait!!!! Where are all the HEs!?!?
    =
    If you want to spend money, wait till the crowds are gone.

Doesn't change the fact that Merchant in Distress gives no reward which = 1 less HE for people doing Drowned Shore.

Also I figured I would share what my results were so other's dont think it's going to amount to bouncing to HE to HE to HE... it's more like get lucky one is even live long enough for you to get there before another player already finished it.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well, as someone else mentioned in the other thread:
    1 mote from small HE's, 2 motes from medium HE's and 3 motes from big HE's would have been a real improvement... and the Wand could just add another mote to each HE reward.
    But instead they just increased the waiting time and the numbers of HE's you have to do for that weapon set.
    It's just like a boring quest that went from "do 100 HE's for this reward" to "do 100+ HE's for this reward and wait a lot longer between the HE's to do them for this reward".

Besides, it's the same with those XP boosters, why even bother with those?
    You can level pretty fast from 1-60, and even 60-70 isn't that long, if you stick to vigilance quests, invoke for bonus XP, add 5x Azure Enchantments to your equipment, and maybe throw those account-wide Inscribed Garments on top of it.
    Power Points from the overflow are still a random reward, therefore no reason to buy those boosters here...

And they could have gone a complete other way for that weapon set reward too... they had that R.A. Salvatore guy around, but they couldn't come up with more then a questline with 9 chapters and a meager artifact reward in it?
    Why not add another 9 chapters for a nice rare Battlerager companion to it?
    And another 9 chapters for those weapon sets?
    That would have been at least a lot more fun, then the "do 100+ HE's to get your weapon set" "quest" we have right now at our hands.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    malchantetmalchantet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just spent 2hrs chasing motes. I want earth weapons, which apparently not many people do, I say this because there were only 3 of us chasing them tonight. We did not have the DPS to get it done. 2 hrs. 1 success 3 failures and a 10 min. time span with no HE's at all on the map. Only 2 map instances and a 25min. cooldown in between? At present pace it will take me 200hrs. of game play to get the weapons, not counting cooldowns, assuming I can find the DPS to get it done in the first place. In the meantime I can solo every HE on the map except Slaadi Invasion and Landshark. Frustrated angry people do not spend money on the thing that is upsetting them. Happy people spend money on the things that make them happy. Right now, I am not happy. You are showing a complete lack of respect for the time I am choosing to spend on you. A 1:1 drop rate on ALL HE's would still make for roughly 800 minutes (average 8min. per he including travel time x 100) of play time. That's roughly 680 minutes more play time then the 9 Salvatore chapters. I loved that content, the best you have released in quite some time, but there was not enough of it. Instead we get this weapon stupidity and another Temple of Tiamat type debacle. Half my guild has decided chasing these weapons is not worth their time, and I myself am debating whether or not to put the remainder of this module on the shelf with module 5. I dont go there, I dont play it, and I get angry when people ask me to because it was such a huge waste of time. My time is valuable, there are many other things I could and perhaps should be doing with it, show you respect it by giving good content with goals that are achievable without a mind numbing repetitive grind. 100 HE's for new weapons, ok. Doing the exact same HE 100+x's for those weapons I'd rather get kicked in the balls.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I decided from the start to farm the Spinward HE's for the weapons as these are generally less farmed than the other areas (my own personal perspective - not 100% sure on this).

I was having major problems with mote drop rates as I only farmed the small 5 man HE's, and was on the verge of giving up - having accumulated only 35 motes from around 600 HE's completed.

That was until these wands came along and I was able to complete the Drowned weapon set in seven charges (or 1 3/4 wands).

I found the best thing to do was to farm zone by zone until either all HE's were on CD or the areas were being heavilly farmed - at which point I'd change instance to one with only a small number of players. I was able to complete the final 65 motes in about 3 1/2 hours over a couple of days.

In my own view, these wands were the best thing to come along in many many months.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    the wands overall are a bad return, because they are time gated and not mote total instead.

What they shouldve done was made the wand give x # of motes for any he in that zone.. So whatever they figure is a the fair # for that many trade bars.

That way its not time gated, and people can do it when they can do it.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    My personal issue is that 45 trade bars is actually kind of expensive for the return. Lucky to get 4 or 5 motes in a charge at best in Drowned Shore, across all charges thats only 16-20 motes at a very expensive cost. Considering 45 bars at "maybe" an average of 7 bars per lockbox you open... that would take (6 lockboxes) 750 ZEN for keys OR roughly 281,000AD based on current ZAX. Just food for thought.

I'll personally won't be buying a wand again and will just work the crab over and over when I can stand it. So far 46/100, meh.

I would love to see Merchant in Distress fixed as that should be a simple fix. It's been reported many times in the past to be broken and still gives no reward.

Ultimately I wanted to share my experience buying a Wand. Your results may vary.
  • Options
    malchantetmalchantet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have finished farming motes in Reclamation Rock. 8hrs. yielded 6 motes, less than 1 an hour. To hell with that, and to hell with the developer who thought this was a good idea. Whatever cryptic is paying them, if it's above minimum wage, their overpaid. I'll not waste any more time on these weapons, or on the the Demogrogon nonsense encounter, and if this is the best you can come up with, dont expect to recieve any money from me any time soon. I cant bring myself to pay people that waste my time with concepts and plans that were not fully thought out.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    to me its a waste of time farming them, i prefer work my butt off to upgrade market place 6 and sh 12 than farming those.
  • Options
    benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This doesn't really change water weapon farming. We're all waiting for the Crabs.
    Maybe its better for the air/earth weapons which is farmed by basically noone.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    A new expansion released for the sole purpose of getting the players to spend more money... What were people expecting? Everyone should be used to it by now it's not anything new.
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I don't mind spending money if the content is enjoyable. I have done Drowned Shore on a few toons and helped a guildie in Spinward. Had a shot at Firey PIt this evening, what utter garbage. The price of the wands is a ripoff to begin with, but in an area like this where there are minimal HE's popping it is a really great way for Cryptic to show people how badly things can suck. Why is it so hard to understand that Fun=happy players=willingness to spend $? These wands should guarantee X number of motes over a non fixed period of time. 30 minutes in an area that has a pitance of HE's spread out over a big map is just plain pathetic.