test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Cleric Paladin Buster Combo

theslotharmy#3268 theslotharmy Member Posts: 601 Arc User
After experimenting with my Cleric and an enemy team with 4 paladins, [and one poor trickster rouge that couldn't hit a 20K] I have devised my newest combo. I call it:
The Paladin Penetrator. [Great naming as usual]

The combo is composed of
break the spirt on X
daunting light on y
astral shield on B

First gain divinity. It's quite an easy task when you are fighting a bunch of turtles
Cast divinity break the spirit three times; Stuns last 3 seconds
If the opponent is noticeably strong, cast empowered astral shield, gain divinity, then cast divinity break the spirit 3 times.

Usually, you can bet you won't get killed unless they use their daily power.
Now the target is stunned. You are fully empowered. If you have Avatar, skip astral shield and as quick as you can cast daunting light. Here is why:

Fully empowered daunting light does 99% more damage. Avatar gives a 40% boost to damage.
With this, I can hit 50-60K attacks with avatar. At my level [65] I can usually 1 shot paladins after all the divinity break the sprits.

BUT! [rhetorical shift]
The paladin should not be dead after the first combo. It would have instantly healed back or it would have a bunch of temporary hit points drained. What you want to do know is repeat all above steps and the paladin should die. Break the spirit slowly corrodes all those temporary hit points.

I've gotten triple kills off of paladins with this combo. I hope others find this combo useful. Feel free to comment about things that seem off about this combo, or opinions on how effective this combo can be.

Comments

• Options
    blackninja48blackninja48 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Probably because those pallies you've killed with that combo were lesser pallies :P So nothing to comment on really.
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Any good pally is going to manage divine call and have binding oath up for the length of any fight....
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Transcendent Elven Battle.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    As someone else said it depends on the pally you are facing. The thing is you say you are L65 - this means you haven't come across anyone with a full set of boons - the Pally's will choose ones that (for example) auto-heal for 20k at random points when receiving dmg.

You are also forgetting that people below L70 rarely have tenacity gear.

As a person who runs a L70 DPS DC and Pally in pvp I respect your efforts but you will face an entirely different challenge with your DC at 70.

My (only 2k IL) Pally generally runs around pvp with 160-170k health (inc temp), using auras (passives) that reduce enemy dmg output and increase friendlies damage resistance, He used Sigil of the Devoted and with decent Recovery has his bubble ready to go most of the time.

With high regen and incoming healing boons, his self healing circle works well and will get him through most heavy attacks. The only thing (apart from SW feedback) that will drop him fast is either permastunning (assuming his Daily isnt charged) or having the misfortune to come across any of the 3.5k + pvp guild players.

My DC has 55% resistance ignored + defence reducing weapon ench and won't drop a pally in 1 rotation unless he's a nub (and they don't count). 3 hits of BTS followed by divine glow (if it connects) 'can' drop one by 50% if fired outside aura range but a good Pally will instantly bubble as soon as the CC is off, then circle up (self heal), wait for someone to get close then hit Tab/Templars Wrath for a nice temp HP booster and you're back where you started. Oh and he uses the CW Sigil for CC reduction.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox