test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Request - Armor enchantment animation on/off

mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
I would like to see it be an option to disable armor enchantment animation from the character screen. I have a trans soulforged and I cannot see anything on my character but the purple "smoke" from the enchant. It certainly would be nice to see my transmuted/dyed armor.

Comments

• Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    /100% agree...
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I just recently started using Soulforged, and have the same complaint. I spent a fortune in transmutes for a certain look to my character--but now he's just Smoky. I also use Negation for PVP, and it looks like glittery sequins all over his armor. I thought that was horrible until I got the Soulforged.
  • Options
    This should be a simple mod for the developers. There is already the ability to show/not show the helmet so this would certainly fall under that basic logic... just a flag in the database to control visibility of the effect.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This has been asked for several times, and they have never addressed it. it is on a ever growing list of quality of life improvements that are honestly unlikely to see the light of day. Odd, since most people i know would pay for this.
  • Options
    well with there recent comments about allowing players to explore more in the fashion area, this would go a very long way. Sad thing is that these should be quick fixes, low hanging fruit, that would make people happy.
  • Options
    thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    They have addressed this in the past, and the answer was a firm "No".
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    thestia said:

They have addressed this in the past, and the answer was a firm "No".

...and as I mentioned in these former discussions:

While I can see this has some merit in PvP, it's IMHO not really necessary in PvE. Some enchant effects are straight ugly (yes, you too, Soulforged Pig-Pen-cloud). Though I have to admit, some were gracefully toned down - e.g. Vorpal's "broken neon sign"-flicker
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    One of the reasons people have lower interest in fashion and dye and transmutes of gear is largely due to these ridiculous looking (for the most part) enchantments.

On a side note I recall the original reasoning for not offering an option to disable was due to code and cost and that it was basically impossible with the current code. I have noticed that the mounted view is now free of enchantments being visible but it also does not show dye so perhaps they could look into that more and maybe find a way to incorporate one of the most requested things players have asked for.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    I'd dearly love for this to happen if possible...

@strumslinger could you investigate this and see if it is possible? If it's not, confirmation of that fact would be good to know so we can avoid this often repeated discussion.

If, however, it is possible it would be an amazing QoL improvement and probably lead to increased fashion related profits via the Zen store... Just saying! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    High rank SF ruins most fashion sets.
    With barkshield I look like a walking cactus.
    So had to pick one for the looks, and if I already made a screenshot for another thread:

What really would be nice, is to be able to choose the visual 'level' up to the enchant rank, like in companions I can choose the skin up to the companions rank. So for example in lesser SF i can choose for it to look Lesser / off
    And in Perfect I can choose: Perfect, greater, normal, lesser, off.
  • Options
    Let me start by saying that I have not seen this code (duh) but I have written software professionally for over 20 years. In that time I have worked on new and legacy code and I have yet to find a situation where I cannot modify existing code to perform a function or change an outcome. If the graphic goes away when on mount, then it must be able to be hidden. Also, I have dyed my DF armor red and it shows when on my mount. Again, I certainly don't know everything, but this IS doable, whether they want to screw with it is something else.
This discussion has been closed.