test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dread Ring - Knox Daily - Greater Mark of [Something] Offer

bkthomsonbkthomson Member Posts: 217 Arc User
So this weekend in Dread Ring I received from Knox my daily and run the Dread Spire to get a Greater Mark of Power.

I ran the lair solo and at the end I opened the chest and I did not get the Greater Mark. Disappointed to say the least but I am also wondering what I could been doing wrong. Note: I also opened the gauntlet chest, only silver level.

I feel like I have done something wrong. For those who may be running in Dread Ring have you been successful in getting your Greater Marks or is there something I'm just ignorantly not aware of.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    acathlasjmacathlasjm Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    "chance" at a Greater Mark. You could quite as easily get a normal (blue) mark or a lesser (green) mark. Also, the quest from Knox gives a random mark and not necessarily the one from the dungeon you picked. If you go in with a lair key (not with Knox's quest) then you do get the correct mark from the dungeon (although still also a chance).
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    It is a 33.3% chance anytime you run it either you'll get [lesser]and[Rare]marks or of coarse the coffer which you never want to see as the reward and of coarse you can get a [Greater]Mark but even though you pick lets say Phantasmal Fortress it isn't a 100% that you'll get the Greater Mark you picked you still can get a Stability and Power instead of your Union you wanted but is is a higher chance.I run this about 8 times a day I just buy keys. :3
  • Options
    Ah, thank you both. Yeah, my fault, I took the quest as 'complete X get Y' but what you said makes sense. I'm sitting on three artifacts that desperately need The Greater Marks to upgrade so I man need to start a more tactical approach to get them.
  • Options
    theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    You can just buy them in AH. I'm planning on doing that when the rubberbanding stops...
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    GMoU at 70K AD last time I checked. Thank you, I'll wait.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    These marks are pretty much THE limiting factor now for upgrading enchants. Blue and Green drop like candy from all directions, but the Epic ones are way more rare than they need to be.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I'm wondering if they changed the drop-rate for Superior Marks from the Dread Ring chests?

I got 3 in the first two weeks of Dread ring, and not one since then, and this is on 2 chars. running it at least once a day...

Also, it wouldn't be too much to ask for, to make the dungeons actually give the type of marks they are supposed to?
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

GMoU at 70K AD last time I checked. Thank you, I'll wait.

Hmm... I think I'll sell a couple for a good price and make a couple of players happy.
  • Options
    crimsonlightning#8932 crimsonlightning Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Oh! Reading through this has prevented me from complaining to the man over a Dread Ring issue lol Very nice.

You see, unfortunately I'm one of the lucky ones that has the Dread Ring Special Quest glitched ("Goodbye.") and have to endure the special quest arrow being forever illuminated in the top right of my screen. Recently the Dread Ring lair quest has been slightly buggy; sometimes after clearing the lair, the quest log will glitch and rather than auto-completing it reads "Mission -- Lv1 -- ..." and I cannot hand it in.

I was of the belief that this glitch was attached to the Special Quest glitch and that the seemingly random mark payout was also a symptom of it. I was ready to blast them for not fixing it since it costs me expensive materials and put me at a disadvantage to those without the glitched Special Quest.

Thanks, ya'll saved them an earfull :)
  • Options
    Glad to help. Sorry to hear you still have the glitch issue.
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I have terrible RNG lately here. 3 weeks and a few blue stones and marks and a lot of garbage from both chests. My adamatium gauntlets gave me a green lesser stability stone for 8 straight days and I do not own a stability artifact so this bound stone is useless and cannot be used to its full RP potential while taking up space. Luck or no Luck this is getting boring to do every single day with the hope of a drop but I digress I will be there yet again today and so on and so forth.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    The text in the quest, its confusing. It must state you have a chance not that the quest rewards a greater mark of anything. Up to the devs.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    nem3sls said:

The text in the quest, its confusing. It must state you have a chance not that the quest rewards a greater mark of anything. Up to the devs.

It's unlikely they'll change it.
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User

nem3sls said:

It's unlikely they'll change it.
    I know, just saying.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(