test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Again: After all these years.

megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Well, I quit this game about 1.5 years ago because of the spammers in-game. Lately I thought to play it once more and to my surprise I notice nothing really changed. Although the player base dropped quit a bit.

My feedback is:
That its kinda silly nothing is done against gold diggers and obviously, who ever is responsible, does not really care about that. No wonder player base is less than it used to be. And for a fact I know Neverwinter is one of the few mmo's where these spammers still are allowed.

well done, hurray!
Imagination is the mark of a intelligent being.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    HA.. you think people left due to gold spamming.. no offense , but frankly every game can have those. They could maybe do more to limit them, but if you think we lost half of our playerbase due to some chat , then you way , WAY wrong.
  • megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Well of course i'm just guessing.. just like you do now. But enlighten me please, "Why did player base dropped". I know for fact that this mmo is one of the few still allowing this nonsense. I also remember the downfall of a certain game named Dragonica, and the reason was " because of some chat". So ya, ppl can be very annoyed by that, with that in mind its not weird I come to this conclusion.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I am not going to speculate on things like what causes drops in the player population, although I do have an opinion on it. I do think that the devs could do a LOT more to help with the bots though (give us the option to write our own chat filters please that the game then reads and implements, that we can then share among ourselves, there is absolutely nothing the bots can do against custom made loot filters and it makes us as the player base happy).

Just an fyi @megnatar I like your signature, however, can you please change its colour, it is very difficult to read as it blends into the brown of the background :)
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Leaving: Beyond the release of Module 4 content had all been all infiniGrind(TM). Refinement points, this SH currency, that campaign currency, those seals. Repetetive gameplay, more than half the Dungeons were removed (where the repetition at least had bearable timescales...), and the strongholds campaign took infiniGrind(TM) to new heights...

...no longer BiS is a standard thing in all MMOs. On a side note, apart from the - totally unbalanced - PvP part of the game, there's little to no real need to get BiS, all it does is make the infiniGrind(TM) faster. But the way to acquire BiS gear is extremely boring and annoying in this game, which made many players give up and look for more entertaining greener pastures.

Also, in between, the game was put into a balance which made all the prior BiS totally, completely, utterly useless all at once, by attaching 2/3 of the char's hitpoints to the novel gear (Mod 6) - that wasn't taken up so well by many, and quite some of those left, never to come back.

Furthermore the infiniGrind(TM) is dealt out in such fat chunks that it's all but impossible to keep more than two or maybe three characters afloat, or one for leisurely players... ...in the formerly alt-friendly Neverwinter :^/

Though in hindsight I gotta admit that, as Mod 8 didn't introduce too much new stuff (almost none, TBH), it's potentially possible to catch up with some chars...

Spammers? Botters? Those are not bothered, and taken as a convenient excuse to wreck the players' income via Leadership, while before all resellable consistent gear drops had been removed from Dungeons and such. Only a few 0.5% drop chance left to make some bigger AD, and infiniGrinding Dragon Heralds for small-ish amounts.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    ...If all you notice is gold spammers you're in PE too much and are failing to block them as they crop up. If you block them as they appear, you tend to avoid most of the spam for the couple hours you play each day.

But if spammers are what made you quit, you'll have a hard time in any free to play game. They all have them to varying degree's. It's difficult to ban them automatically because they keep changing up the way they advertise and as soon as you block one account, another pops up, and IP bans in this day and age are ineffective. It's a never ending battle. At least cryptic do work to battle it (AD changes, recent ban sweep for buyers and bot users/supports etc.)

As for player base drop, steam has a pretty nifty chart showing NW activity (though I think it may be steam based players), which helps reflect things.

http://steamcharts.com/app/109600#1y

The player base since mod 6 in particular, has dropped off and that lies squarely on the poor development decisions that were made and, unfortunately, seem to be ongoing (mod 8... bored already... 3 skirmishes and a mini-map is not an expansion).
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• megnatarmegnatar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well thank you for you're replay's. No need to replay after this message since I will most likely will never log in again. I don't like it that users have the risk of being scammed and I commented about this already 1.5 years ago. So It's abviouse the Neverwinter team does not care since I was not the only one filing complaints.

:disappointed:

There is just this one tiny remark:

ALLOWING SOMETHING THAT IS NOT RIGHT IS JUST AS BAD AS THE DEED IT SELF.