test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game stops responding during Skirmishes since Nov 24

hammerslam1hammerslam1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
I have been playing NWO since open Beta, never had any issues with the game. Since last the mini update on Nov 24, i started having some issues with the game. What happens mainly is when Iam in some of the skirmishes in Dread Ring to get some more Ichor or Faerzarrs; things are going fine than all of a sudden my screen goes to as if i took a screen shot. This does not happen all the time but when it does it is annoying. When i check NW it shows not responding. This has happened 1 time while in Montel Doreth and 2 times in Sharendar. In total 9 times. I figured ok this was from doing the driver update a couple days prior so i rolled back to the previous version. No go same issue. So i checked my hdd space and swap file and have tons of room still. Ran diag's on my cpu, hdd, memory and video card no issues they all pass under intensive testing with Hirens software. So I decided ok let's uninstall the game, defrag the hdd, reinstall and see how it goes. It appears to have gone fine and things ran good for 2hrs and than in the middle of a skirmish again it acts like I took a screen shot and find out it stop responding. I don't have this issue with any other games that are more graphic intensive than NW.

My Spec are Win 7 Pro 64 bit, I7- 3770K CPU, 8 Gigs Hyper X Fury Black 1600 DDR3 and 2GB GTX 970 EVGA SCC. running at full 1080p settings. 1TB and 2TB Hybrid Solid state hdd's. So it is not like my system is at the min specs either.

I am going to be submitted a support ticket but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue since last Tuesday any valued comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    its a game problem.
    1/3 of us shares this
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I did not think it was my system. Thanks for the replies, will try and run the game in DX9 and see if it helps? If support also provides any other info that helps I will update the thread.
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Frustrating to the max for sure. I share with the OP in that from Beta days crashing has been pretty much non-existing for me aside from the atypical once a month kinda thing you can get in any game on a PC... Now after last Tues I have crashed regularly.... add this to the lagfest of the end-game zones like IWDale and it just infuriates your gaming patience.

Dont have anything to do with drivers at all. However I agree that lowering settings seems to help. In my case leaving GPU at max and setting CPU to medium really reduced the crashes. But when it does happen it rains... one HE it crashed 6x before the heroic was over and I didnt get any credit for it obviously.

• Options
    Check AA and it was off so I tried the DX9 settings and was successful with 3 dread ring skirmishes and Demo in Montel Doreth and had no crashes. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again after I get home from work in 2hrs. Thanks for the help as I still have not heard anything from the support team. Most likely may not need their help in the end I hope :)
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    verdonix1 said:

DX9 lessens it, and rolling out of AMD Radeon Crimson drivers lessens it.... Turn off antialiasing and basically make your decent video card respond like a VooDoo card from 1996 and it happens LESS..... However it still happens..... "Working as Intended" is the running "joke" in my guild. :(

bahahahahaaaa.. agree 100%

old-HAMSTER graphics should be running super smooth on my graphics card. instead of having to turn everything to 'low' just to have any kind of playable latency.

NW needs some serious optimization.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    - I still having some random freezes, really enjoying...
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    These dont fix jack. You will still crash you just havent played long enough trust me. I thought it was fixed several times setting it to low settings and it still happened...

I will agree on the "lessening" the crash aspect... but not "fixes" it.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It happened to me the week after Mod 7

Then it just stopped.

I did nothing to fix it

It just started working

• Options
    Well it's been 5 Days since I posted the issues and did drop down to DX9 and have had several hours of game play and Demo and Skirmishes in Dread Ring and have not had one issue with the game stop responding leaving me at a the lovely screen shot view. For me at least it appears to have resolved the issue or at least drastically lessoned the issue from happening. The worst part is support after 4 full days still has not responded, one would figure with in that time period you should have some notification. Lack of employees of just poor support service I am not sure?