test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Companion for Tank and Dps Pally

tandowowtandowow Member Posts: 6 Arc User
what do you guys think is the best for you as a Paladin?
Tank spec or Healer Spec.

Turok Lightbrighter

Comments

• bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    For tank... Anything that procs something off of you getting hit.
  • thurstonhowellthurstonhowell Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I use: Icosahedron Ioun Stone, Epic Fire Archon, Epic Earth Archon, Epic Air Archon, Uncommon Flame Sprite.
    Bourbon - OP/GWF/SW/CW [The Legendary Outlaws]
  • beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Use Angel, Honey Badger, any Stone really, then any Archon
  • boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    For protection you want anything that helps you by taking damage or funneling heals into you during prism. I use:
    Blacksmith
    Dread Warrior
    Flame Sprite
    Astral Deva
    Stone

For Devotion (assuming you go the Burning Guidance DPS build) really flexible since nothing is really needed other than an Earth Archon (for tanking only) and a Stone for stats. No companiom has anything that can proc from Burning Guidance. I use:
    Earth Archon
    Fire Archon
    Yeti
    Astral Deva
    Stone
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I enjoy playing with a summoned companion, and have been experimenting with several. Here are my initial impressions - note that they are more qualitative than quantitative, as I find it difficult to log combat info on the Xbox.

For my Protection Pally:

Acolyte of Kelemvor - she was great while leveling from 60 to 70, and in the early days of 70 - particularly when first going to ICD and Dwarven Valley. She procs companion's gift often, and life steal and a few of her tricks help keep you alive. She becomes less useful as you get stronger.

Air Archon - as I wanted to increase DPS (mostly for soloing), I loaded up an Epic Air Archon with 3 rank 12 runestones and Airhead does a good job. He procs companion's gift quite a bit - I see 40k Power on a Pally with 14k base Power. I would often see 3 Companion Gift's proc. The Air Archon tends to die a lot in mobs - it will self res and gift keeps going when it dies, so not a deal breaker.

Epic Mercenary a surprisingly tough guy, performs much like the Air Archon, with companion's gift perhaps proccing more often. Prefer this guy's bad-a$$ looks over the Archon.

Slyph - couldn't resist a Unicorn, so turned in hard earned AD for the Feywild pack. Running the Slyph - she's cute, and perhaps a good choice if you need more defense (Power caps at about 30k). She dies like the Air Archon, companion's Gift doesn't seem to proc as often. I'm not yet sure what the 50% Control Resist is accomplishing - more work to do to see if it is working.

At this point, Mercenary is my favorite summoned companion for my protection pally. I hope we go the Zhentarhim Warlock on the Xbox, since that seems to be everyone's fave on PC.

And, finally - any suggestions for othe DPS companions to try? Edit - I see The Fabricant recommend the Lightfoot Thief ... Not sure if we have it in Xbox yet.

Edit 12/27 - added the Zhentarim Warlock from the Winter Festival. Liking her so far. Will report back after more experience.
    Post edited by shazza53 on
  • synesthesia1synesthesia1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can someone help me out? As a complete noob I'm wondering which oath would be better to take for a DPS pally. It seems like Devotion would be the way to go for enhanced healing but I could be completely wrong. Not trying to jack this thread but my account is still on probationary period and I can't make my own post.
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Can someone help me out? As a complete noob I'm wondering which oath would be better to take for a DPS pally. It seems like Devotion would be the way to go for enhanced healing but I could be completely wrong. Not trying to jack this thread but my account is still on probationary period and I can't make my own post.

Check out the thread by The Fabricant in the PC section for the Paladin - something like Sharpedge's Compendium ... Has all kinds of info for both types of Paladins.